Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
I will be finished with my move before the Feb meeting, looking to attend it if work cooperates.

Jim

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Reno Overlanding is moving the location of the meetings.

As many of you are aware, the space at Dave’s BBQ has become quite crowded. Because of this, we are moving to a new location that hopefully will be a bit better.

We will move just around the block to Claim Jumper in the Redfield Promenade shopping area. We have the side room booked (walk in the front and take a left to the bar and then another left) from 5:pm to 8:pm and the meeting kicks off at 6:PM…ish.

1580180639893.png
1580180569824.png

As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to Scott or me.

See you at the Feb 12th meeting.

Bill

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Reno Overlanding is moving the location of the meetings.

As many of you are aware, the space at Dave’s BBQ has become quite crowded. Because of this, we are moving to a new location that hopefully will be a bit better.

We will move just around the block to Claim Jumper in the Redfield Promenade shopping area. We have the side room booked (walk in the front and take a left to the bar and then another left) from 5:pm to 8:pm and the meeting kicks off at 6:PM…ish.

View attachment 137514
View attachment 137512

As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to Scott or me.

See you at the Feb 12th meeting.

Bill
Got it Bill

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Has the recurring events page on the Rally Point been put up for the 2020 calendar? I couldn't find it.
There is no Rally Point for the recurring meetings. We use this thread as all things Reno Overlanding along with a new facebook Group page. The Group page will have all the events listed and I will still do a Rally point for Overnighters and Runs. I'll be sending out an email explaining the changes within a day.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
It's only 3 days until the February meeting (that would be Wednesday the 12th). Remember we switched locations to Claim Jumpers Just up the street from the old place.
Claim Jumpers.jpg

Reactions: Nataqua

VanTrip

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Reno, NV
First Name
KC
Last Name
Mares
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7IFS
Hey all, is there a meeting tonight or when/where is February meeting?
Thanks,

VanTrip

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Reno, NV
First Name
KC
Last Name
Mares
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7IFS
Woopps, page didn't refresh with that latest post for tonight. See you there at Claim Jumper tonight but what time?

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Will the last minutes be posted?

Jim

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Meeting Minutes February 12, 2020

Bill and Scott opened the meeting at 6:15PM with 35 folk in the house representing 24 rigs. After the new participants introduced themselves (Welcome), the Agenda was reviewed along with topics for upcoming meetings, Day Runs, and Overnighters.
It was suggested that a Summer BBQ be put together… Possibly in June to coincide with the Tire Repair Review.
The Getting UnStuck Review needed to move to Sunday May 17th, the Nightingale Mine to Sept 20th, and La Port Overnighter will possibly change to High Rock Canyon so stay tuned for updates. The October Runs are still TBD.
Also, there is a 4x4 event on August 9th hosted by Dolan Toyota. It is believed that local groups are encouraged to participate. More details to come.
It was encouraged that members utilize the Reno Overlanding Facebook Group Page if anyone wanted to do an impromptu trail run.
This week’s topic was ‘What is Overlanding and What are the Needed Basics?’
See the attached document which has the corrected info and the info used for the topic.

New to 2020

Besides using Claim Jumpers Restaurant for the Reno Overlanding monthly meetings, the meeting minutes will be shortened, and a copy of the presentation will accompany the after-meeting email.

Attachments

Reactions: Nataqua and M Rose

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
No email.....I usually get them.

Jim

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Because of a double booking at Claim Jumpers, Please be aware that the next meeting (March 11th) is back at Famous Dave's BBQ. We are working on locating a larger place for future meetings.

Famous Daves BBQ Location.JPG

Reactions: Sierratough