HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
With respect to Federal and State guidelines regarding actions taken to curtail the spread of COVID19, Reno Overlanding will not have a meeting on April 8th.

We will update you on any further changes if needed.

As for upcoming day runs, please see the Announcements at the Reno Overlanding Facebook Group page for updates.

Please Stay Safe

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Everyone ok? Stay safe....

colemizak

Rank 0

Contributor I

Lake Tahoe, NV
First Name
Cole
Last Name
Mizak
Anyone interested in a trip out to the Carson River hot springs down either entrance? Haven't done the trail yet, so someone who's done it before might be helpful.

Thinking maybe Tuesday / Wednesday, would like to make it an overnight to get out of the house, kill time and get some fresh air.

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
Anyone interested in a trip out to the Carson River hot springs down either entrance? Haven't done the trail yet, so someone who's done it before might be helpful.

Thinking maybe Tuesday / Wednesday, would like to make it an overnight to get out of the house, kill time and get some fresh air.
I only know of one entrance it is not to bad to follow. You might contact Arron on the Reno Overland Facebook group site he is usually up for going out there... If you do a search on the Facebook group you should also find some videos of the trail.

VanTrip

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Reno, NV
First Name
KC
Last Name
Mares
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7IFS
I am interested. I'll watch FB page and here for updates.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Hey guys! I just joined OB and would love to go play in the dirt with you guys. I love camping, but dont have much experience off-roading.
Cool, we need to get out there........Check the fb page for impromptu runs also....Send me a PM with your cell.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Hey did the Reno group die? No action or posts for almost a month? nobody doing anything??

TahoeTraveler

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Tahoe
First Name
Alex
Last Name
G
Hey did the Reno group die? No action or posts for almost a month? nobody doing anything??
Although im not an active member I still receive updates and am a part of their email chain. The most recent went out a few days ago 6/2/2020. They are active! Im hoping to link up with them this summer for some trail runs, etc. Try sending an email to renooverlanding@gmail.com to be added to their list and see whats happening. Hope this helps, cheers!

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Although im not an active member I still receive updates and am a part of their email chain. The most recent went out a few days ago 6/2/2020. They are active! Im hoping to link up with them this summer for some trail runs, etc. Try sending an email to renooverlanding@gmail.com to be added to their list and see whats happening. Hope this helps, cheers!
Thank you, I also get the emails but the fact is they need to post everything on here.

Jim

Reactions: TahoeTraveler

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
June 10, 2020 Meeting

Well we finally had our first meeting of the year. It was at the Hunter Lake trail head. I think we counted 12 Rigs and a bunch of excited folk to be back together again.

After introductions, Aaron conducted a review of equipment that you should have to get "UnStuck" on the trails.

This review was to advise those coming this Saturday to the "Getting Unstuck" practice.

20200610_185910.jpg
20200610_193206.jpg
20200611_130644.jpg

As for upcoming meetings, we are targeting October to be back indoors. We will have a new location that can accommodate the group. For now, we will conduct meetings outdoors at the Hunter Lake trailhead. Our upcoming events will be posted as Rally Points so stay tuned for those.

Reno Overlanding Team

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
The June 21st day run to Genoa Peak is posted as a Rally Point. Follow the link below to RSVP

CampingInMay

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Reno
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
MAY
Member #

Hey Everyone - Reno local here glad to have found you guys! Looking forward to hopping into a run and meeting soon - is the next one in July?

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding