14422 Lasso Drive, Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Farson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MSQ
I am a member of a local 4x4 club too and I'm trying to pull some folks from there. I'll post here if I end up getting some takers so folks can meet up with us.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
NEW RO Logo.jpeg Reno Overlanding 2-20-2019 Meeting Minutes

Attendees....a whole crowd
20190220_180008.jpg

Intro

This meeting was combined and Hosted by Mike, the founder of All Terrain Family. A big thanks to Mike for hosting this overview at his place of business…Thank You.
20190220_183219.jpg

Mike opened the meeting with an overview of having a GPS enabled map which included:
  • Tracking Routes
  • Sharing Routes
  • Finding your way back if you leave a group
  • Making routes to explore/waypoints
  • Utilizing supplied maps
  • Downloading Public maps
From the introduction of using GPS mapping app, he explained why he chose Gaia GPS which basically came down to:
  • The stability of the app
  • The volume of map choices
  • Layering of maps
  • The ability to use it on multiple device (android and iOS) platforms without additional costs per device since Gaia GPS charges per user per year
The Demo

After showing everyone where and how to download and open the app, Mike launched his Gaia GPS on the web. He reviewed the basics of the app, the menu functions, and how to retrieve and utilize certain map overlays.
20190220_183842.jpg
From there he demonstrated how to create a route, save the route, and pull that route up on a mobile device for use.
And the participants practiced as he explained.
20190220_183213.jpg

The conversation after the meeting centered around the robustness of the app that a follow up review session should be held to home in on specific functions.

Thanks again to Mike @Wolfy for this review.

Our next meeting is March 13th at Famous Dave's BBQ from 6 PM to 8 PM

Reactions: Moriarty and DaveD

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Our monthly meeting is a week away. This one is special since it's the groups one year anniversary. Come join us.
I'll post the agenda this weekend.

Reactions: Nataqua

Vesteroid

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rathdrum, ID, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Hudson
Guys,

I am selling my Subaru Outback if anyone knows someone looking.

2017 3.6 limited with all the options

Plus

2” lift
Sliders
Full aluminum skid plates
Motegi wheels
Ko2 tires
Curt hitch
Rear tire carrier
And I even have a front runner rack I could throw in

The skids and the rack are not currently installed

I have the original wheels and tires too if interested.

24,500 miles and in great shape

Been off road one time over sunshine pass and that’s it.

Excellent condition single owner.

Asking 32,500 but can be flexible. Would entertain putt9ng back on stock wheels and tires and keeping the I-graded 0nes if a person wanted a lower price etc.

Swamp Fox

Rank 0

Contributor I

Good evening all. My name is Gregg and I'm new to the forum. My family (wife & 2 daughters) and I live in Cold Springs. We enjoy off road exploring and primitive camping. I've owned a ton of 4x4's over the years as well as quads. I've been on several over land trips on a quad loaded down. I've recently decided to move away from the quads and purchased a 2016 JKU Rubicon which will be better for the family. I'd love to meet up with folks from the Reno area and join on some trips down the road.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Vesteroid

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rathdrum, ID, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Hudson
Good evening all. My name is Gregg and I'm new to the forum. My family (wife & 2 daughters) and I live in Cold Springs. We enjoy off road exploring and primitive camping. I've owned a ton of 4x4's over the years as well as quads. I've been on several over land trips on a quad loaded down. I've recently decided to move away from the quads and purchased a 2016 JKU Rubicon which will be better for the family. I'd love to meet up with folks from the Reno area and join on some trips down the road.
The monthly meeting is this Wednesday at 6pm at famous daves I believe

Nataqua

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

NV, USA
First Name
Solifuge
Last Name
Nexus
Member #

Hello all! I joined a month or so ago and attended the Gaia GPS talk but haven't yet introduced myself. My name is Linda, and sometimes my 81 year old mom Diane rides shotgun with me. I grew up in Carson way back when and started wheeling there. I lived in Truckee for over 10 years and got off road a bit there too. I've been riding motorcycles (street/dirt) most my adult life. I've sailed up the California Coast and lived on the boat in Tomales Bay for the summer, and I also have quite a bit of experience navigating in a Cessna 182. I bought my 2015 JKU last September (there was a bit of a hiccup with her in the shop for 5 weeks after some asshat plowed into her) and now we are getting outfitted and sorted out. I aspire to do the Rebelle Rally in 2020 (if finances permit) and I look forward to meeting the rest of the group and doing some fun runs.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

FAVPST

Rank I

Enthusiast I

San Clemente, CA
Member #

Hi, I am new to the area and was wondering which Famous Daves the meet up is at? Is it the 4925 Kietzke Ln, Reno, NV 89509 address? Tomorrow at 6? Thanks.