Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Just a thought, since regions are going to be created soon, what about regional OB stickers? Not sure how complicated or easy it is to design and create stickers, but, it could potentially generate revenue to support the forum. The thought being, people may want to support/display their region on their rigs. Anyway, just a passing thought. Not sure if it's practical or not.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Just a thought, since regions are going to be created soon, what about regional OB stickers? Not sure how complicated or easy it is to design and create stickers, but, it could potentially generate revenue to support the forum. The thought being, people may want to support/display their region on their rigs. Anyway, just a passing thought. Not sure if it's practical or not.
I like it!

Reactions: ShawnR

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Yeah I think it would need some fine tuning but I would display one on my rig.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Michael

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I like the idea of sticking with the current OB sticker design, and either adding a rocker, or adjusting the typing so it's region specific. It'll be interesting to see what people come up with.

RescueRangers

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fleming Island, Fl
Member #

Just as long as we don't start having regions like SCA Kingdoms and egocentric rulers we have to kiss the feet of. Kind of like the dictatorship we have now, one absolute ruler who appeases his loyal subjects by allowing them to voice their opinions before making his law. If we have kingdoms we will be oppressed and burdened with excessive taxes.

Other than that, I'm game.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Just as long as we don't start having regions like SCA Kingdoms and egocentric rulers we have to kiss the feet of. Kind of like the dictatorship we have now, one absolute ruler who appeases his loyal subjects by allowing them to voice their opinions before making his law. If we have kingdoms we will be oppressed and burdened with excessive taxes.

Not sure what that's all about. Just trying to come up with ways for the forum to generate revenue since it's ad free. I used to run a photography forum and it takes money to keep things going.

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Not sure what that's all about. Just trying to come up with ways for the forum to generate revenue since it's ad free. I used to run a photography forum and it takes money to keep things going.
I'm pretty sure he was making a Nerd joke. I'm not really completely up on my Hobbit/Medieval stuff but I'm assuming he was not making a disparaging remark, just a bad joke, lol.

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

I have a sticker guy, I have Illustrator and I have the desire to make a Texas OB sticker...although I'm sure that @administrator has a sticker guy too. If the vector art was to be passed along for the outline, the font name given, I'd put together Texas sticker, no problem!

EDIT: Instead of mountains I might have to put Santa Ellena Canyon in the background...

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I'm pretty sure he was making a Nerd joke. I'm not really completely up on my Hobbit/Medieval stuff but I'm assuming he was not making a disparaging remark, just a bad joke, lol.
Thanks for the clarification. I was completely confused. lol

RescueRangers

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fleming Island, Fl
Member #

No, I am game. It sounds like a good idea.

I wanted to ask a question / voice my opinion with a little creative humor. I've see a lot of good things go to crap when people start self-appointing themselves district or regional rulers (Not implying you). I like the region idea and the region sticker thing, just get a bit nervous where it could lead, but I am supportive.

Bad joke? I thought it was pretty good.

Reactions: Gunnermoose

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army

I wanted to ask a question / voice my opinion with a little creative humor. I've see a lot of good things go to crap when people start self-appointing themselves district or regional rulers (Not implying you). I like the region idea and the region sticker thing, just get a bit nervous where it could lead, but I am supportive.

No intention of developing self appointed leaders of the regions. Just trying to brainstorm ideas to generate a little revenue for the forum. Like for myself, proud of being from the Midwest, I'd slap a Midwest Regional OB sticker on my Jeep if they were available. I ran a photography forum a few years back and spent a lot of money out of pocket so others could enjoy it. If it ends up being a bad idea, that's cool. Just throwing it out there. No worries.

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

No intention of developing self appointed leaders of the regions. Just trying to brainstorm ideas to generate a little revenue for the forum. Like for myself, proud of being from the Midwest, I'd slap a Midwest Regional OB sticker on my Jeep if they were available. I ran a photography forum a few years back and spent a lot of money out of pocket so others could enjoy it. If it ends up being a bad idea, that's cool. Just throwing it out there. No worries.
I'll be happy to design a sticker but I'm too busy to be a regional czar of overlanding...I can't even speak Russian.

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

Uuuughhhh all this cool inspiration.... and still the bronco sits.... thirsty. Waiting. Loyal.

But i have 8k worth of child delivery to pay lol so we wait.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

Your jokes are always good! ;)