Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
It's a beautiful piece of property, very secluded and no cell service. I make trips out there frequently. Feel free to join us this weekend. We'll be set up on the first spot you can access the river by vehicle. Shouldn't be hard to spot my orange Tacoma.
Very nice. Don't believe I can make it this weekend, but will check it out sometime.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Brisk morning for a meet up. There were two shifts even. I hung around a bit and one of the new folks arrived. He’d just received his member badge two days ago.
then a gent in a likely looking Jeep arrived. He had not heard of overlanding before, but in talking we learned we had mutual friends at a teardrop builders forum. Websites and screen names exchanged, lol. Small world.

Reactions: roots66

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Brisk morning for a meet up. There were two shifts even. I hung around a bit and one of the new folks arrived. He’d just received his member badge two days ago.
then a gent in a likely looking Jeep arrived. He had not heard of overlanding before, but in talking we learned we had mutual friends at a teardrop builders forum. Websites and screen names exchanged, lol. Small world.
Wow, cool. Wish I had stayed, but had chores to complete. Glad you were able to connect. Welcome to the new folks.

tw1st3d5

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Florissant, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kee
Member #

We discussed a possible day trip on the Hill Country Route in the near future. Obviously, the last week on Nov is out. But, who's interested in going?
It was nice meeting everyone as well! Sign me and possibly the wife up for the Hill Country route! If it's the weekend before Thanksgiving (23/24), we both would probably be able to make it.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
We discussed a possible day trip on the Hill Country Route in the near future. Obviously, the last week on Nov is out. But, who's interested in going?
I’m interested! I’m also taking the week before Christmas off.

Threat_Leveled_Midnight

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Linsey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
n/a
Sorry I coun't attend this past weekend, however I'm intersted in a trip if it's not the last week of Nov. I can do basically any weekend in December.

atomicode

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Plano, TX, USA
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Morris
Member #

This camp looks great. Watching this thread. I'm local to DFW but would enjoy coming down to central TX for weekend meetup/trips, especially in the cooler months. If anyone is interested, DFW group is doing a quick 1-nighter camp in LBJ Grasslands near Decatur, TX on 11/16.

Rally Point Info link:

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
This camp looks great. Watching this thread. I'm local to DFW but would enjoy coming down to central TX for weekend meetup/trips, especially in the cooler months. If anyone is interested, DFW group is doing a quick 1-nighter camp in LBJ Grasslands near Decatur, TX on 11/16.
This trip sounds good. However, I can't make the weekend of the 16th-17th as the wife and I have a trip already planned for then. I will keep an eye out for future trips, though.

Reactions: atomicode

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
It seems the best time for the next Hill Country trip would be at the next meet-up on Dec 7. The weather forecast looks good and we can either stop at Mason for lunch or everyone bring their own lunch and we stop along the Llano River to eat. I'm thinking we could meet up at the new Academy on Hiway 29 in Georgetown and leave around 0800. Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

Adventures with Penny

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Eagle Mountain, Utah, United States
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Peiser
Member #

It seems the best time for the next Hill Country trip would be at the next meet-up on Dec 7. The weather forecast looks good and we can either stop at Mason for lunch or everyone bring their own lunch and we stop along the Llano River to eat. I'm thinking we could meet up at the new Academy on Hiway 29 in Georgetown and leave around 0800. Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?
I'm totally in for this trip, maybe we could camp at Oxford Ranch that Saturday night... I ran about 150 miles of back roads around that area this weekend. We had to move our base camp from Sulphur Springs to Oxford Ranch, Sulphur closes from the end of October till January for hunting.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Are you looking to start on 71 and end at Fredericksburg?

Threat_Leveled_Midnight

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Linsey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
n/a
I'd be down for then!

atoms

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Manor, Texas, USA
First Name
J
Last Name
atoms
Member #

Hey everyone. I haven't been at a meetup since summer because of some severe engine repairs. All fixed up now. It looks like you all are having some fun.