Rank II

Contributor II

Belleville, Dane County, Wisconsin, United States
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Brach
Member #

Hi all looking for some advice and interested in reading some ideas.

I recently got this small trailer for not very much at all from someone who was just not using it. Without thinking too much of it (because the cost was very low) I picked it up from them.

Now where I'm looking for some advice is how I could potentially make this work for more of an overlanding type trailer. I like the enclosed box and use a ground tent so I don't need to add walls and and roof top tent or anything like that.

Pros of the trailer: The trailer pulls just fine, the lights all work, it came with a spare tire, and no cracks in the box.

Cons: Small tires and it is low to the ground.

I'm just curious if there is any way that I could make this a little more offroad capable and get it raised up a little bit to get a little bit of clearance or should I just clean it all up and sell it?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Attachments

HaVeeBear

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Elkridge, Maryland, United States
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Armendariz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3VWL
Looks like a motorcycle trailer (to be pulled by). Are you planning to pull it with a full sized vehicle? It may be too small and light ==> it will bounce a lot on the trail. I haven't seen similar trailers modified to be towed by a full size vehicle. The closest I have seen (and it came out very cool!) was a jeep tub made into a trailer. You would need a new axle and hubs to fit road wheels/tires and then add to the frame...you would essentially be starting from scratch...