Ram 1500 Overland Build

• HTML tutorial

Garth Jones

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

It looks really good. The only thing I might suggest is a secondary Locking System maybe a drop pin for your swing gate bolts loosen up and I would hate to see that thing swing open as you're heading down the road or on the trail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using OB Talk mobile app

53kemper

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Woodland Hills California
Member #

It looks really good. The only thing I might suggest is a secondary Locking System maybe a drop pin for your swing gate bolts loosen up and I would hate to see that thing swing open as you're heading down the road or on the trail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using OB Talk mobile app
Garth You are correct. Working on lock pin for gate and also fabricating some strap sto lock over gas cans as well. More work to do this weekend.

Coolhand

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Miami Lakes, FL
Member #

I have the same color Ram 1500 but with the Eco Diesel and minus the ram boxes, I hope you don't mind if copy some of your work. They say imitation is the greatest compliment. Seriously keep up the great work man.

53kemper

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Mounted a 100w Solar panel on the Defender rack last night. This panel keeps my deep cell fully charged during the day while my Wynter 65qt fridge is running as well as anything else I charge off the battery. As long as I have sunlight that is. Still charges well on overcast days.IMG_3001.JPG

Mountain.Mike

Rank III

Off-Road Ranger I

Pikeville, Kentucky
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Pruitt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4JNQ
Nice set up! You have give me a lot of great ideas. Where did you mount your deep cycle battery you are charging off that solar panel? I assume that means you are running a dual battery set up. Keep up the good work!

53kemper

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Right now I put the battery in the back seat along with my 65Qt Wynter cooler. I'm able to put the seats up and the back turns in to a platform all the way across in front of back seats. I also am able to strap everything down so it doesn't move. I'm heading up to Kern River this weekend. I'll take a few pics of the set up.

Reactions: Mountain.Mike

RockyMountaineer

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Laramie, WY, USA
First Name
Mathew
Last Name
Threadgill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N5MST
So my only question is do you not miss the back-up camera? I thought about the swing gate then it occurred to me that the spare tire would block the camera.

53kemper

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

So my only question is do you not miss the back-up camera? I thought about the swing gate then it occurred to me that the spare tire would block the camera.
I have to say I do miss the camera. Just have to be more cautious backing up. I'm going to try and figure out some kind of pariscope
I do miss the camera. Im going to try and see if I can relocate it to my swing gate with a quick cable release.