Ram 1500 Overland Build

• HTML tutorial

53kemper

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Woodland Hills California
Member #

If you don't mind me asking where did you mount the second battery?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app
I keep it in the back seat area. My seats left up and these platforms fold out. Battery is in a container with the Solar controller on the outside of it. Fridge and battery ride inside with me. I'll get you a pic

Mountain.Mike

Rank III

Off-Road Ranger I

Pikeville, Kentucky
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Pruitt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4JNQ
I keep it in the back seat area. My seats left up and these platforms fold out. Battery is in a container with the Solar controller on the outside of it. Fridge and battery ride inside with me. I'll get you a pic
I'd like to see a pic of this set up as well.

53kemper

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

We need more updates, you can't keep us in the dark for this many days. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app
Sorry I was on vacation in Europe. Pretty much finished with the build. Took the rig up to the high Sierras and she did well. Even went through a pretty intense rock garden with out issue. Heres a pick loaded down with the rooftop tent and Kayak.IMG_3579.JPG

53kemper

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Sorry I was on vacation in Europe. Pretty much finished with the build. Took the rig up to the high Sierras and she did well. Even went through a pretty intense rock garden with out issue. Heres a pick loaded down with the rooftop tent and Kayak.View attachment 35586
Also modified the rack a bit. I cut it down a bit so the tent didnt ride so high. Also now the high lift is mounted on one side and the Ax and shovel are on the other.

Reactions: Jimmy P

53kemper

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

How is that plasti dip holding up?

Overland Bound member #6560
Holds up pretty good. Ive had the truck off road quite a bit and it only seems to come off on the edge of the rim from rubbing up against brush or rocks. I just give it a fresh coat after a trip and they look brand new again. Best bang for the buck.

805RADO

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Ynez, CA, USA
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Sasquatch
Member #

Paint them on the truck. Put a Tshirt over the calipers and get a piece of thin card board the fits between rim and tire. Easy to spray
Love plasti dip. I used to have it on old rims and held up great. I put it on my sisters commuter car and she keeps taking it off by hitting curbs. But it is always easy to put it back on.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk