Power Wagon Registry

• HTML tutorial

Quicksilver

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Molalla, OR
Member #

I sold it long ago, but my first 4x4 was a '74 Power Wagon. She wasn't pretty, but she would go anywhere and climb everything.

Reactions: crit_pw

aearles

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

USA
Hey Chris! I'm on here too, from time to time anyway. Ran into some OB guys in Death Valley last year and they convinced me to join.

You mentioned taking your rig in a new direction, got any plans you wanna share!? :grin:

I just ordered a bunch of shit, including a James Baroud Explorer RTT, no more camping in the bed! I'm pretty excited to get the truck setup for more comfortable and frequent camping trips. I'm working on putting together an inventory now. Here's what I have currently or coming in the next week:

VEHICLE
2015 RAM 2500 Power Wagon
OEM 2" Lift w/ Billstien 5100 Shocks
OEM F/R Selectable E-Lockers
OEM Electronic Swaybar Disconnect
OEM Full Skidplates
OEM Warn 12k Winch
35" BFG KO2s
Carli Front Diff Guard
AEV Rear Diff Cover
White Knuckle Rock Sliders
ARE Z Series Cap w/ Yakima Roof Rack
Viair 450H Onboard Air Compressor
Kenwood D710G 2M/70CM Radio + GMRS/FRS/MURS (Larsen NMO2/70B)

SHELTER
James Baroud Explorer Hard Shell RTT (Black) w/ Isothermic Kit
North Face Dolomite 20 Double Sleeping Bag
ARB 8'/2500mm Awning
REI Kingdom Camp Table
REI Camp X Chairs
CGear Sand Mat (10x10)
CleanWaste PETT Portable Toilet

FOOD
Ozark Trail 52Qt Rotomold 7day Cooler
JetBoil Genesis Base Camp 2 Burner Stove + Luna Satellite Burner
JetBoil Flash + Coffee Press
Primus Stainless Steel Plates + LMF Titanium Sporks

WATER

STORAGE
Trasharoo
(2) 1" QuickFist for Shovel & Axe
Hi-Lift Mount

RECOVERY/TOOLS
MaxTrax MKII
Warn Epic Recovery Kit - Large
Snatch Strap 3" x 30'(21,600 lbs)
Tree Strap 4" x 8' (30k lbs)
3/4" Shackles (18k lbs)
Snatch Block (36k lbs)
Factor 55 HitchLink 2.5
CM 7/8 Allow Shackle (19k lbs WLL)
Safe Jack 6T Bottle Jack Kit
Safe Jack Combination Universal Base Plate
Hi-Lift Extreme 48"
Hi-Lift Lift-Mate LM100
Misc Tools - Needs Improvement

FUTURE
Better water storage
ARB Awning Room w/ Floor
Storage Bins
Tools Improvement
Extra Fluids/Hoses/Parts
Hose Clamps, Duct Tape, Bailing Wire
Solar Shower
Fridge
Rear Awning
Camp Lighting
Truck Bed Lighting

Definitely open to feedback/suggestions!

OffroadTreks

Rank IV

Advocate II

Nomad
Member #

I am a new member, and a new PW owner!!! Looking forward to setting up the rig!
So many posts here to like! Hey, just a heads up >> Next May https://powerwagonsinmoab.com/ - Hopefully we can meet up then.

Also, some of us will be back in Moab in September. Planning something small. I'll post up on this forum as well.

Congrats on the new ride.

Eric Haltom

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Mesa, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Haltom
Last Name
Family
Member #

So many posts here to like! Hey, just a heads up >> Next May https://powerwagonsinmoab.com/ - Hopefully we can meet up then.

Also, some of us will be back in Moab in September. Planning something small. I'll post up on this forum as well.

Congrats on the new ride.
Thanks I love it! Seeing other PWs and their setups would be awesome!

Reactions: crit_pw and BlkWgn

HeliSniper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Dallas, Texas
First Name
Brad
Last Name
S
Member #

My 1965 W-100 Power Wagon SWB Fleet Side will be one of my Overlanding vehicles.
She is still in my hangar waiting on me to finish her so she can get out on the trail.

Reactions: crit_pw and BlkWgn

chexmix

Rank III

Advocate II

Bay Area
Anyone else have some old iron power wagon love? Buddy of mine has a retired forest service rig I believe it's like a 64, with a utility box on the back.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

crit_pw

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Silt, Colorado
Member #

Hey Chris! I'm on here too, from time to time anyway. Ran into some OB guys in Death Valley last year and they convinced me to join.

You mentioned taking your rig in a new direction, got any plans you wanna share!? :grin:

I just ordered a bunch of shit, including a James Baroud Explorer RTT, no more camping in the bed! I'm pretty excited to get the truck setup for more comfortable and frequent camping trips. I'm working on putting together an inventory now. Here's what I have currently or coming in the next week:

VEHICLE
2015 RAM 2500 Power Wagon
OEM 2" Lift w/ Billstien 5100 Shocks
OEM F/R Selectable E-Lockers
OEM Electronic Swaybar Disconnect
OEM Full Skidplates
OEM Warn 12k Winch
35" BFG KO2s
Carli Front Diff Guard
AEV Rear Diff Cover
White Knuckle Rock Sliders
ARE Z Series Cap w/ Yakima Roof Rack
Viair 450H Onboard Air Compressor
Kenwood D710G 2M/70CM Radio + GMRS/FRS/MURS (Larsen NMO2/70B)

SHELTER
James Baroud Explorer Hard Shell RTT (Black) w/ Isothermic Kit
North Face Dolomite 20 Double Sleeping Bag
ARB 8'/2500mm Awning
REI Kingdom Camp Table
REI Camp X Chairs
CGear Sand Mat (10x10)
CleanWaste PETT Portable Toilet

FOOD
Ozark Trail 52Qt Rotomold 7day Cooler
JetBoil Genesis Base Camp 2 Burner Stove + Luna Satellite Burner
JetBoil Flash + Coffee Press
Primus Stainless Steel Plates + LMF Titanium Sporks

WATER

STORAGE
Trasharoo
(2) 1" QuickFist for Shovel & Axe
Hi-Lift Mount

RECOVERY/TOOLS
MaxTrax MKII
Warn Epic Recovery Kit - Large
Snatch Strap 3" x 30'(21,600 lbs)
Tree Strap 4" x 8' (30k lbs)
3/4" Shackles (18k lbs)
Snatch Block (36k lbs)
Factor 55 HitchLink 2.5
CM 7/8 Allow Shackle (19k lbs WLL)
Safe Jack 6T Bottle Jack Kit
Safe Jack Combination Universal Base Plate
Hi-Lift Extreme 48"
Hi-Lift Lift-Mate LM100
Misc Tools - Needs Improvement

FUTURE
Better water storage
ARB Awning Room w/ Floor
Storage Bins
Tools Improvement
Extra Fluids/Hoses/Parts
Hose Clamps, Duct Tape, Bailing Wire
Solar Shower
Fridge
Rear Awning
Camp Lighting
Truck Bed Lighting

Definitely open to feedback/suggestions!
I really like your list, a lot of that looks like my future plans as well. I will be really curious to see what you think of your Baroud. I have looked at them but that's not in my budget yet. Too many other things first and will most likely end up with a soft sided RTT for the time being. Near future plans include finishing out the suspension for a bit more travel and articulation and Kings of course. Hoping to start on a custom bed rack on my next trip home. I want something that can still leave me full access to the bed and allow me to keep the tonneau cover in place. Also planning an over the cab roof rack for the RTT. I found some really cool water storage options on Front Runner Outfitters if your interested. They have a tank that utilizes the footwells of the back seat that I like along with a few others. A rear under bed winch is in the plans along with a slide storage system for the bed to house gear and equipment. (stove, fridge, gear boxes, tools, etc.) I am also planning to add a second compressor and another 5 gal. of air storage to my existing OBA in essence doubling what I have now. We were able to run air tools in short bursts recently doing a trailside repair/recovery. It worked great but would have been nice to have more air on demand and a shorter recovery time. Of course camp and area lighting and awnings as well as a solar or truck heated camp shower. Like I said your list looks alot like mine. I have a bunch more all laid out on my white board at home. I will keep you posted and keep my build post up to date as the mods go on.

Reactions: gtomike and aearles

aearles

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

USA
I have the Yakima Tracks, Pads, Towers, and Crossbars on my cap, but I do not like the way their 'off the shelf' product connects to the cab (Q towers, I believe). If I were to do anything on the cab, I would start with drilling the roof for rivnuts and mounting the Yakima Tracks, and build whatever off of that. There's a guy on the FB group running a frontrunner tray on his cab with the same track setup, I'm not sure if I can link to a post there or not but if you search 'frontrunner', you'll find a post by Joe McHugh.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/860573913997932/search/?query=frontrunner

Eric Haltom

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Mesa, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Haltom
Last Name
Family
Member #

I was shopping for one too for my last truck. I'm not sure this is the best option, but it seems very good. Smittybilt makes a roof rack which I read mixed reviews on. The one thing everyone seems to agree to is get the welded together version rather than the bolt together version. Here is a link to the welded crew cab version: http://www.4wheelparts.com/Exterior-Parts-Car-Care/Smittybilt-Defender-Rack-Welded-One-Piece-Roof-Rack-40504.aspx?t_c=3&t_s=82&t_pt=3426&t_pn=S/B40504

Here is the link to the Smittybilt page: http://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/238.htm

aearles

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

USA
I used to think the front runner prices were insane, but now I'm trying to mount a RTT and awning to the Yakima system and it's costing a fortune... now I can see the value in a real rack.

BlkWgn

Rank 0

Contributor II

I used to think the front runner prices were insane, but now I'm trying to mount a RTT and awning to the Yakima system and it's costing a fortune... now I can see the value in a real rack.

he has a Magiolina and an awning mounted on it. They were a simple install and as I said, it is a rock solid platform.

aearles

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

USA
Nice! I think I paid $400 for the initial tracks, and pair of towers/bars when I ordered the cap. Now I'm trying to mount the tent, so I spent another $375 on another pair of bars and mounts, that gives me 4x 48" cross bars to support the tent, but the tent is 55" wide and sits directly on top of the bars so no way to u-bolt awning mounts, so I've gotta buy 2 longer bars ($90) and cut them to length, and the $200 Bomber Products Awn-Lock brackets (to avoid having my truck look like a Home Depot clearance rack). So I'm already at $1065 for just 4 crossbars and awning mounts, and I haven't even gotten the tent or awning up yet so there may still be other challenges. Would have been much better off just ordering the appropriate sized frontrunner or similar and being done with it... Oh well!