MottsgotSauce

Rank I

Contributor III

Canyon Lake, CA, USA
First Name
Frankie
Last Name
Motts
Nice equipment, but when the fridge is in there where do you put the rest of your gear? Looks like the kitchen takes up the majority of your truck's bed.
the kitchen has two bins for food and cooking utilities. Also carries water and has a sink. That takes up half the room. I usually stick my solar panel on top of the kitchen when traveling.
Behind the fridge is where most of my gear can be held in 4 front runner bins. The rest of the truck bed holds the furniture , batteries and misc stuff. I use the space between fridge and kitchen for chairs etc
the cab of my truck usually has all our bedding.
I just ordered a cargo slide for above my trcuk bed and below the bed rack to give me more room to put chairs and stuff I need easier reach to.

OVRLND-Vegas

Rank I

Contributor III

Las Vegas
First Name
Jerel
Last Name
Howell
2k words...
The Boy Scout in me loves this. When I was in Scouts we had a box we would unload at camp that was our kitchen box. Not nearly as fancy as this here but a very similar kind of concept. The thing was very heavy and had legs that we had to set up in the bottom of it so 2 boys would have to lift it while another set of boys would put in the legs. Anyway, nice design! I approve!

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
Our very “fancy” kitchen setup. Under the tailgate is our camping bin with out collapsible sink/cutting board on top. Goal is to eventually get a swing out to put the grill on carrier and a fridge with a slide

I like our “dining room” and just I’d share that as well

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Our very “fancy” kitchen setup. Under the tailgate is our camping bin with out collapsible sink/cutting board on top. Goal is to eventually get a swing out to put the grill on carrier and a fridge with a slide

It gets er done, that's what it's all about !

Reactions: Dusther210

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH

It gets er done, that's what it's all about !
Amen. We actually had a bit more elaborate drawer setup until this spring, but it was a lot of weight and took up a lot of space in a non dedicated rig.
The wife and I talked about it and said “Michael and Corrie use a bin system, let’s give that a try for now”.

You know, after we took out our drawers we saw they were putting drawers in lol.
But for us simplifying this way has made things a lot easier and more enjoyable.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Amen. We actually had a bit more elaborate drawer setup until this spring, but it was a lot of weight and took up a lot of space in a non dedicated rig.
The wife and I talked about it and said “Michael and Corrie use a bin system, let’s give that a try for now”.

You know, after we took out our drawers we saw they were putting drawers in lol.
But for us simplifying this way has made things a lot easier and more enjoyable.
The only way I would want a drawer system would be to build a bed platform with drawers under. I'm too big and old for that system. It really depends on how long your going to be out there in the boonies. :-)

Reactions: Dusther210

CavGeek

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Phoenix, AZ. 85027
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Reiner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6ZWC
Service Branch
U.S.Army
My camp kitchen is in transition, I have a open bed tacoma that is also my Daily Driver, so drawers just aren't fitting in my plans either.

Right now I just have everything in a small action packer, but I am seriously looking to aquire a coleman classic propane 2 burner stove an build myself a small chuckbox to contain all of the tools and the stove. I built Ken Ralston's ( Chuck box and patrol box camp kitchens for RV and tent camping. ) Grubby one a few years ago, but it's a bit too much, now he has relesaed new plans for a smaller Chuck box (the mini-Grub) and I'm looking to give it a try. no pictures yet, but hopefully soon.

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
The only way I would want a drawer system would be to build a bed platform with drawers under. I'm too big and old for that system. It really depends on how long your going to be out there in the boonies. :-)
We usually spend one night at a time in camp so we thought a drawer setup would be more convenient for quick setup and tear down.
But I find a lot of pleasure in experimenting with stuff.
If we used the xterra as our adventure vehicle we would probably do something like a bed/drawer platform

LuckyDuck15

Rank I

Contributor III

Columbus, GA, USA
First Name
Jessica
Last Name
Hevner
Our setup; not the best photo but it was the best I could find. Bins under the table have our food/cooking gear. Cooler to the right of the stove. Stove on our tailgate table. Back of the Jeep helps keep things I need in close proximity (utensil bag, plates, etc). Trasharoo for convenient throwing away of garbage. We still have a couple things we want to add or upgrade, but this works really well for us for now.

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Our setup; not the best photo but it was the best I could find. Bins under the table have our food/cooking gear. Cooler to the right of the stove. Stove on our tailgate table. Back of the Jeep helps keep things I need in close proximity (utensil bag, plates, etc). Trasharoo for convenient throwing away of garbage. We still have a couple things we want to add or upgrade, but this works really well for us for now.
Looks good to me ! Do you have any sort of cover to keep everything dry or keep the sun from bearing down on you ?

LuckyDuck15

Rank I

Contributor III

Columbus, GA, USA
First Name
Jessica
Last Name
Hevner
Looks good to me ! Do you have any sort of cover to keep everything dry or keep the sun from bearing down on you ?
We have a cheap canopy from Walmart that we use for now until we can figure out a better, more permanent solution. We stick it up on the roof rack (you can sort of see the white blob in the photo :sweatsmile:) and bring it down when we need it. One day we'll have an awning attached to the roof rack, but this works well for us for now!

Ripley1046

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manitowoc, WI
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Ripley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9VKY
@Road what is the brand on that chuck box? That is the first one I've seen that really hits everything I want. Awesome setup dude!