Post pictures of your camp kitchen

• HTML tutorial

buz1nonly

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brisbane, CA
Member #

How do you have your water hose hooked up?
The water line is hooked up to 2 modified water bricks that carry a total of 7 gals. The water is drive by a 12V low flow pump with a pressure cut-off (used for RVs). There is a button in the front of the cabinets that turns it off and on. This "running water" addition is probably one of the best mods especially for the wife and kid for cooking and cleaning. Here's a pic of the water bricks that were modified and the valve system. I have newer quieter pump now with a lower pressure cutoff than the one in the video.

7 gals last about 3 days for us (3 people and a dog). I carry 4 gals of drinking water separately.

Cheers!

IMG_1602.jpgIMG_6643.jpg
View attachment IMG_1605.MOV

Last edited:

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

My original post was way back in 2018 (page 4 or 5 of this thread) and I wanted to update as I've been away from OB.... I've been using the kitchen regularly for fishing trips, adventures, and parking lot lunches at my fly shop. My new bride and I did manage to escape the NW fires last fall and get in a little fishing in Yellowstone. The 4Runner kitchen has proven to be a great Covid escape pod for single and multi-day trips when you want to avoid people. We fished our way from Oregon to Wyoming and back cooking all meals out of the 4Runner. I haven't made any changes to the set-up, just to what I bring. Jenn likes coffee, so the JetBoil gets more use now. We both love hot lunches on the river, so the panini press gets a workout and we bring a Coleman oven for leftover pizza ( I always make homemade pizza BEFORE a trip.) Other than adding a Zarges box to hold kitchen gear, I've made no changes.

We'll soon be leaving on a 12-day adventure...

CampKitchen.jpgCoffeeStopYellowstone.jpgToastedSandwiches.jpgKitchenontheMet.jpg PizzaOven.jpg

and I'm looking forward to some great camp cooking!

Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
My original post was way back in 2018 (page 4 or 5 of this thread) and I wanted to update as I've been away from OB.... I've been using the kitchen regularly for fishing trips, adventures, and parking lot lunches at my fly shop. My new bride and I did manage to escape the NW fires last fall and get in a little fishing in Yellowstone. The 4Runner kitchen has proven to be a great Covid escape pod for single and multi-day trips when you want to avoid people. We fished our way from Oregon to Wyoming and back cooking all meals out of the 4Runner. I haven't made any changes to the set-up, just to what I bring. Jenn likes coffee, so the JetBoil gets more use now. We both love hot lunches on the river, so the panini press gets a workout and we bring a Coleman oven for leftover pizza ( I always make homemade pizza BEFORE a trip.) Other than adding a Zarges box to hold kitchen gear, I've made no changes.

We'll soon be leaving on a 12-day adventure...

View attachment 196558View attachment 196559View attachment 196561View attachment 196560 View attachment 196562

and I'm looking forward to some great camp cooking!
Congratulations on such a nice rig and your beautiful Bride.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Man o man, you guys are SERIOUS about your kitchens! Gobi_recon, yours definitely catches the eye! Oh the kitchen is nice too! Ha!
Really serious rigs I agree. Do we need all that, I dont think so but it's nice none the less. Something to look forward too.

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

I lack a little compared to some of these setup
Do you have everything you need to make good meals? If so you lack nothing.
While there is nothing wrong with a fancy elaborate kitchen setup, there is a lot to be said about a nice simple easy and light kitchen.
Every extra item you pack is just more weight on what is almost always vehicles at or beyond their max weight.
Never be ashamed to keep things simple and light. I like your setup.

Enthusiast I

Tualatin, OR, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Beers
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7KKF
On the go, I'm definitely a tailgate chef. If I'm there for a more than a meal, I'll move the stove to a table. I use two frontrunner boxes with high lids, one for dry food, one for cooking/eating gear. Two 5-gallon water cans and a 51qt fridge round out the kitchen.

Below pic is of Priest Hole recreation site on the John Day River in Oregon. My griddle is filled with carnitas!

20200809_195004 (2).jpg

ptgarcia

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Alta Loma, CA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Garcia
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6PSF
Hey I’m new. First post. Here’s my kitchen set up. Love the pull kitchen set up !!

Nice equipment, but when the fridge is in there where do you put the rest of your gear? Looks like the kitchen takes up the majority of your truck's bed.