Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Thanks!! I’m working on a second version that doesn’t have the sink burner combo unit for those that just want to use their stoves in the center.

Thinking about it, check out www PullKitchen com
Thanks, I'm checking your site and it looks good. Good luck, you do have a product worth marketing IMO !

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Thanks!! I’m working on a second version that doesn’t have the sink burner combo unit for those that just want to use their stoves in the center.

Thinking about it, check out www PullKitchen com
That's very impressive. I just bought a NoBo 10.6 and it has a slide out galley...not even close to what you have. It almost looks like I could swap out, except yours might be a hair wider. Forest River really should just get you to make these and they install them in their units.
What is it made of? It looks like extruded aluminium for the frame and aluminium sheet with a formica veneer...hard to tell in the picture. That is also a serious slide to go that far and not fail. What is the weight roughly? It would have to be freight shipped. Totally love the design!

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
That's very impressive. I just bought a NoBo 10.6 and it has a slide out galley...not even close to what you have. It almost looks like I could swap out, except yours might be a hair wider. Forest River really should just get you to make these and they install them in their units.
What is it made of? It looks like extruded aluminium for the frame and aluminium sheet with a formica veneer...hard to tell in the picture. That is also a serious slide to go that far and not fail. What is the weight roughly? It would have to be freight shipped. Totally love the design!
Yes it’s extruded aluminum with panels, and the sliders are 5’ and rated for 500lbs. So it is plenty strong and works really well. Empty it’s about 130lbs or so, most of the weight are the 2 sets of sliders.

Working on version 2.5 in this photo.
88C6CDC1-1287-45C4-B24A-BE356FBCAECA.jpeg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I have some pics but can’t figure out how to post from phone app. Help?
Join the club. It'll come yo you. If you have a picture folder, just tap the attach file at bottom left of this page and your file will appear. Select the pic you want and click on save. That's the only way I know how to do it.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I have some pics but can’t figure out how to post from phone app. Help?
I personally don’t use the app as it glitches a lot till they release the new one. But when you do do a photo, tap your cursor at the end of your text and then choose full photo as it makes them big. I personally prefer that so I don’t have to expand everyone’s photos to see them well.

Example
F42BCADB-0FEB-46A7-B168-AD57AD8DC7DB.jpeg3E7BF48C-E9D0-477C-A51E-F1CDC45366BD.jpeg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I personally don’t use the app as it glitches a lot till they release the new one. But when you do do a photo, tap your cursor at the end of your text and then choose full photo as it makes them big. I personally prefer that so I don’t have to expand everyone’s photos to see them well.

Example
View attachment 118541View attachment 118542
Do phone apps have cursors ? Your working from a pc aren't you ?

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Do phone apps have cursors ? Your working from a pc aren't you ?
My iPad, and what I mean is when you tap your finger to move the blinking cursor, wherever it is when you select FULL IMAGE then the photo is inserted there, at least on the web version of a mobile device

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

Example
View attachment 118541View attachment 118542
That's quite a nice kitchen. Did you build it or ? I like the stove location, away from the rig to eliminate odors being absorbed by the upholstery.
Do you have a canopy or something for protecrion from wind and weather in your cooking area ?

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
That's quite a nice kitchen. Did you build it or ? I like the stove location, away from the rig to eliminate odors being absorbed by the upholstery.
Do you have a canopy or something for protecrion from wind and weather in your cooking area ?
I built both, the wood one was v1.0 and the extruded aluminum was v2.0.

I don’t have a cover for the rear of the truck, but it doesn’t rain too much in CA :)

Probably less so in NM haha

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I built both, the wood one was v1.0 and the extruded aluminum was v2.0.

I don’t have a cover for the rear of the truck, but it doesn’t rain too much in CA :)

Probably less so in NM haha
So 1.0 was your prototype ? Both first class. I have plans for a kitchen using some salvaged office filing cab's made from wood. That proj is still on back shelf for now. Later

tundraconvert

Rank 0

Traveler I

Cool thread.
Here is ours based off looking at other people’s ideas in combination with our style camping and needs. I got a lot of inspiration from the Australian company Drifta.
I sketched up some rough plans and then sat down with dad to hash out ideas. He is a talented wood worker and an engineer. 7800A401-0800-49B3-992B-F815D942407A.jpeg2CD5ABD9-C7D8-474F-923E-BBC95C6F5022.jpeg42735D7C-DDBC-4D3B-BC48-79AF47563101.jpeg0635E957-5659-4ABF-A141-4F791E6DA96B.jpeg0635E957-5659-4ABF-A141-4F791E6DA96B.jpeg09BC4EED-A3CF-4292-A4A2-5EDE2A2418B4.jpeg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Cool thread.
Here is ours based off looking at other people’s ideas in combination with our style camping and needs. I got a lot of inspiration from the Australian company Drifta.
I sketched up some rough plans and then sat down with dad to hash out ideas. He is a talented wood worker and an engineer. View attachment 118836View attachment 118837View attachment 118838View attachment 118839View attachment 118839View attachment 118840
Question, why is the stove on a slide out if you don't use it ? Everything is nice and compact. Where is your sink if you have one. I use a fish cleaning table with water source from 4.5 gal sprayer bottle with hand pump. works nicely ! Where did you get the grill top for the stove ? What keeps the folding wings for the top in place when closed for transport. ?

tundraconvert

Rank 0

Traveler I

Question, why is the stove on a slide out if you don't use it ? Everything is nice and compact. Where is your sink if you have one. I use a fish cleaning table with water source from 4.5 gal sprayer bottle with hand pump. works nicely ! Where did you get the grill top for the stove ? What keeps the folding wings for the top in place when closed for transport. ?
The stove is on slides because originally I thought the fold down front of the box would interfere with my ability to reach the stove top while cooking. I have used it both pushed in and pulled out. It kind of just depends on what I am cooking. If I were to do it again I probably wouldn’t use them. On the flip side they don’t hinder anything when not in use.

I use a foldable wash basin for dishes. I have my water tank wired to a water pump, hose and nozzle in the back of the truck so I do dishes back there. Depending on campsite I usually set up my table and chuckbox behind the truck so I can use the chuckbox and tailgate for food prep, cooking and dishes.

I found the griddle too at Costco for like $20. It’s awesome for family cooking, I use it for most meals. I keep a little one burner backpacking stove in the box also so I can boil water on the side for coffee or whatever. I’m sure you could find one on amazon to fit the dimensions you want.

In terms of packing it up the wings fold on top of one another and each piece stays put with small but powerful round magnets that are inlaid in the wood. The front has a latch. On both sides there are fold down heavy duty handles.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
The stove is on slides because originally I thought the fold down front of the box would interfere with my ability to reach the stove top while cooking. I have used it both pushed in and pulled out. It kind of just depends on what I am cooking. If I were to do it again I probably wouldn’t use them. On the flip side they don’t hinder anything when not in use.

I use a foldable wash basin for dishes. I have my water tank wired to a water pump, hose and nozzle in the back of the truck so I do dishes back there. Depending on campsite I usually set up my table and chuckbox behind the truck so I can use the chuckbox and tailgate for food prep, cooking and dishes.

I found the griddle too at Costco for like $20. It’s awesome for family cooking, I use it for most meals. I keep a little one burner backpacking stove in the box also so I can boil water on the side for coffee or whatever. I’m sure you could find one on amazon to fit the dimensions you want.

In terms of packing it up the wings fold on top of one another and each piece stays put with small but powerful round magnets that are inlaid in the wood. The front has a latch. On both sides there are fold down heavy duty handles.
Very good set up. I too would rather cook away from my rear door opening. I don't mind the ref and drawers in the back of my rig along with my solar batteries but I have yet to figure out a layout good enough to sleep in my rig , so, it's tent city for me on that. That's okay once I set up my permanent camp but I'd kinda like a place to sleep while on the road to my destination. I have that figured out but I have to rearrange everything once I get to camp site. I'm talking about camp sites where I cant take my 13' Scamp trailer since it cant go everywhere I want to go. I'm really going to have to rethink everything . I camp alone, youd think I have plenty of room but space is precious.

Reactions: tundraconvert

tundraconvert

Rank 0

Traveler I

Very good set up. I too would rather cook away from my rear door opening. I don't mind the ref and drawers in the back of my rig along with my solar batteries but I have yet to figure out a layout good enough to sleep in my rig , so, it's tent city for me on that. That's okay once I set up my permanent camp but I'd kinda like a place to sleep while on the road to my destination. I have that figured out but I have to rearrange everything once I get to camp site. I'm talking about camp sites where I cant take my 13' Scamp trailer since it cant go everywhere I want to go. I'm really going to have to rethink everything . I camp alone, youd think I have plenty of room but space is precious.
"Space is precious" is the quote of the day. I camp with a wife, two kids, and the sometimes the dog depending on where we are going. I drive a Tacoma (long bed for the extra room) and have a RTT. We have really refined the gear and cut a bunch of stuff over the last several years. I have it down the Chuckbox, a table, a cooler, and two storage bins. Some odds and ends like recovery gear and or firewood but other than that I can pack the truck and be on the road quick.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
"Space is precious" is the quote of the day. I camp with a wife, two kids, and the sometimes the dog depending on where we are going. I drive a Tacoma (long bed for the extra room) and have a RTT. We have really refined the gear and cut a bunch of stuff over the last several years. I have it down the Chuckbox, a table, a cooler, and two storage bins. Some odds and ends like recovery gear and or firewood but other than that I can pack the truck and be on the road quick.
I'd like to see your arrangement if you have a pic. When I was younger and only had three kids and a wife, we camped a lot with a big 14' TP tent. I had a big Edsel 4 door station wagon at the time. Then we had 3 more kids with 7 years separating the first 3 from the second 3. That stopped our camping permanently. Now after many years away from the OB world, I am returning. I have to figure it out all over again with a different vehicle and different equipment and different destination goals. To me there are two different types of overlanding. So I have been working to establish two different rigs. One rig consists of an all wheel drive suv and small travel trailer that is capable of long range travel even with some remote back road conditions.
The other rig is my LRD2 suv that is capable of the more remote back country trails. It is a single purpose vehicle built for the toughest overland chores. This rig is the one I am currently trying to outfit with the kitchen, solar, and sleeping accommodations. I have most everything, it's just s matter of putting it all together. Being that I will be alone I don’t have to make the sacrifices you do. I really like the built in kitchen packages that many have.
How to arrange mine is my delima.