Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
@PapaDave Great design! Question... have you found those Dometic burners to be sufficient for outdoor cooking?
I’ve boiled water and cooked steaks at 9500’. However I will say that it is slower than my old Coleman Grill. Usually I find in reviews that people can heat and burn food pretty easily with camp stoves, the hard part is getting food to simmer. These burners simmer great however if you want to boil a big pot of water it will take some time. The cook space is not big so I use smaller pans which works great since I’m camping. But keep that in mind.Check out www.PullKitchen.com for more photos

B1DA9C24-8125-4ACB-838F-04903BFFB582.jpeg

Last edited:

GRIMGPR

Rank 0

Contributor I

Murrells Inlet, SC, USA
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Richardson
This is from the last van I built, sadly no longer mine. Diesel Double burner, Sink with 15 gallon water tank, Solid Quarter Sawn White Oak. Just joined, my first post! Currently building out a G wagon, Looking forward to sharing.

View attachment 62303 View attachment 62304
I know this post is a year old but wow. When can I move in!! Did you do the work yourself?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I'm too old for the RTT but you have a very nice setup for camping ! I'm still designing my kitchen layout around a two drawer HD filing cabinet I bought from Habitat Restore for $10. The drawers are 28" wide, 14" tall, and 24" deep. I plan to build an enclosure for it with space under and over w/ refer. slide out above a solar battery bank next to the drawer unit. Nothing finalized yet but researching other rigs for study. My stove slide out will be under the drawer unit and similar to yours.

BigSkyGuy

Rank 0

Contributor I

SW MT
First Name
Todd
Last Name
L
I'm too old for the RTT but you have a very nice setup for camping ! I'm still designing my kitchen layout around a two drawer HD filing cabinet I bought from Habitat Restore for $10. The drawers are 28" wide, 14" tall, and 24" deep. I plan to build an enclosure for it with space under and over w/ refer. slide out above a solar battery bank next to the drawer unit. Nothing finalized yet but researching other rigs for study. My stove slide out will be under the drawer unit and similar to yours.
That sounds like a great setup!

Let me know if you need a like new ARB fridge slide.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Yes this right here is what I want to do with my m101a2, the onl thing is I'd like to find a truck cap where the side doors fold down to a work surface/countertop
That camp trailer was hand made cap. You might find a used contractors cap with side windows that could be hinged on bottom instead of top by your altering it.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
My humble camp setup. Not pictured is the REI aluminum table that can be deployed when not at an established campsite. Longest trip on this so far was recent at 22 days. Didn't need to refuel the can either. It's whipped out and cooking in under 5 minutes.

View attachment 114358
I wouldn't call it Humble, I'd call it having fun !!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
It's not a drawer! (Drool) but yeah, having fun for sure. Lotsa great ideas in this thread.

I'll have to get my basecamp kitchen set up and a good photo taken. (Still not a drawer)
I was luck enough to find a wood filing cabinet @ Habitat Restore. It is 30" wide, 30" tall and 24" deep. It has two drawers that are 14" deep on heavy duty drawer slides. I paid $10 for it and now I plan to build it into a cabinet that will hold the slide out stove, and hopefully the slide out ref. I want to build my batteries for my solar system below the slide out fer that will be to one side of the drawer section. Been working on other things but will soon start that project and post my pictures. That file was a filing cabinet for documents and I havd seen them at going out of business sales and swap meets although this one is the first I've seen made out of wood, most are metal.