Investor

Advocate I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Kanak
Last Name
Attack
Member #

Getting out to reconnect. Clear the mind, heal the soul. Remember those that came before us and teach those that will come after us. Live my best life always.

Attachments

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
For me escaping into nature, reuniting with old friends and making new ones along the way are always present in some way. Along with the sense of adventure, going down the road less traveled and exploring for my own experiences. The sense of freedom of not being tied to anything for a weekend or more at a time. Also problem solving the challenges that come along the way foreseen or not. These are all reasons why I myself do it. Maybe it's cliche but it makes me happy in the end so I don't care.

PSX_20220120_153002.jpg
PSX_20220120_170458.jpg
PSX_20220118_163347.jpg

94Cruiser

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Suisun City, California
Member #

My views are 2-fold I guess. First off, are the stories my Mother told me of the adventures my Grandparents took her on thru northern Africa and elsewhere as a kid. My Grandfather was one of those larger than life adventure type souls. As kids we would sit in awe and listen to his tales and stories.
Secondly, would be the spirit of misadventure that has been left in my genes by both my Mother and Father..... and how it plays out as the lust for travel takes us on our adventures.

My Grandmother, picture taken by my Mother....somewhere in Morocco I believe. Their trusty Bedford took them everywhere. Eventually my Grandparents would ship it from the UK to Canada, drive it across the country, find a spot near Hope, BC to call home, build a cabin and settle in for the remainder.
View attachment 149844

My Mother and Uncle on some adventure somewhere in Germany. My Grandfather was stationed there and he would "borrow" vehicles from the carpool to take his family exploring and on camping trips.
View attachment 149845

Another mis-adventure in a "borrowed" Army vehicle. The baby is my Mother.
View attachment 149846

Trying to do my lineage proud. Camped out on the point in Tuktoyaktuk in July 2018. As soon as I heard they were building the all weather road, I knew I wanted to drive North as soon as possible after it opened. We were fortunate in that we traveled up North before it became too popular, and were able to camp right on the point at the end of the road. I've nevertraveled near that far North before, it was a trip of a lifetime for me and one I won't soon forget. The new road from Inuvik to Tuk was still so new they were continually laying gravel and grading it, and we drove a good portion of that 150+km in 4Hi just to track thru it.
View attachment 149847
In the third photo, does the boy have a gun in his hand?

Reactions: Corrie

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

Just about to paddle off to find my Grandparent's old off grid cabin that I hadn't been to since 1966. Getting to this point was half the fun and the rest was when I found it ... or at least the land it was on.

21-08-11 1.JPG

Last edited:

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Just about to paddle off to find my Grandparent's off grid cabin that I hadn't been to since 1966. Getting to this point was half the fun and the rest was when I found it ... or at least the land it was on.

View attachment 221587
WOW! Would love to see pictures and learn more about this story.

Reactions: Viking1204