First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Cote
Member #

BigLimey707

Rank 0

Contributor I

I use an old washer drum also. Yes it's big and round but I just pack it full of stuff when we travel. Stuff it with wood, my Ax and whatever else I can shove in it.

Reactions: Crispy

F4T XJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

London, United Kingdom
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Savage
Member #

I use the Tentipi Hekla 30 it packs down very small 18 x 6.5 x 1.5 inches we also cut 2 branches to rest it on to reduce any damage to the ground.

ac375ccbaa5d20113f5eaf74a4c3eff7.jpg

IMG_20170211_173321.jpg

Reactions: WAYAWAY

Ironhide Fx4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

VT
Member #

I was hoping to pick up a snow peak large fire pit for our trips this year. I cant seem to find a reliable source for the large. Anyone know a place I should look?

Also, would the medium be enough? its 4" overall smaller. Bonus is its $40 cheaper too.

Edit: Answered part of my own question. I should go with the large. Now to find one reasonably priced as is shown on Snow Peaks website.

Last edited:

Ironhide Fx4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

VT
Member #

That is the problem with Snow Peak stuff, finding a reliable source.....
Ugh.... Not what I wanted to hear. Saw an add for one last night. I could not tell if the website was legit. I think I'll call them later and ask. Couldn't hurt... But I don't speak Japanese lol

Carnivore

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Blue Quill, Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
JPD
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Infantry vet. 88-03
I've considered the Weber Little Joe bbq as a firepit. Figured 14" might be a touch small but you could still cook on it and cover two roles.

http://www.weber.com/grills/series/smokey-joe

I'd probably opt for the 18" but at least they're light albeit somewhat bulky.

I know we've dragged our weber kettle out a time or two to make people jealous when I smoked up a batch of back ribs

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
We have been running with the Snow Peak for about two years. Fantastic bit of gear. I've spent a small fortune on Snow Peak gear and it is worth the money.

The photo's below were taken in the Barrington Tops, Australia. We had the pit 8" deep with red hot Iron Bark coals. Iron Bark burns about as hot as you get and the Snow Peak had NO warping or degradationation.

The grill works very well.

One of my favourite bits of gear.

Ronnie Dahl just did a YT video on using this exact fire pit.