FEEDBACK Poll: Emblem Numbers

• HTML tutorial

Should members be able to request specific numbers?

• No, issue numbers in the order received.

• Yes, allow people to request a specific number if its not taken.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paul Misencik

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

Personally, it would never occur to me to request a specific number, and if I were in charge I would probably find it annoying to accommodate all sorts of special requests. So to me, it makes more sense to issue numbers in order. Plus, it make seniority self evident. Lower numbers were earlier joiners, and vice versa. But since the policy has already been in place, things get a little more sticky.

I'd probably still stop it. The special requests that have already come in, great. Grant them as best you can. Those early people got a benefit for being early people. Us later people, we get what we get. Hahaha!

E

expeditionnorth

I really wish it was according to our joined date here on the forum, by the time I looked into an emblem it was too late, would have never thought they were selling that fast

& had no idea as to what #(s) to get, so I chose my 2#'s since they were sequential

JJsanchez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Juan
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI6BAY
Welp, I would handle the special requests that have been requested already, then move on to whatever numbers are available. Another option i just thought of would be if you want a specific number then become a supporter of "OB". OB supporters get first dibs?
-J

Reactions: SLO Rob

JaimyMac630

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Rescue, California, USA
First Name
Jaimy
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

Oh this is very interesting @Wolvee , It protects seniority, and allows flexibility to request numbers. We'll seriously consider this.

M @CorrieOB
I like Wolvee's idea! The seniority of the members would show in the Generation.

I requested #630 as it's our wedding anniversary! Made it easier for the wife to understand the need of the badges! ;)

I still would have purchased the badges if I were given the lowest number available.

Last edited:

Mau_Rios

Rank II
Founder 500
Investor

Contributor III

Socal
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Lino
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I was fortunate enough to get the two numbers I requested. However, as this community continues to grow it will be increasingly more difficult to provide custom numbers...

Reactions: Michael

bluedegeon-0584

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Member #

I think it would be alright to request your own ID number as long as it isn't taken yet. On the other hand it would be a little bit more annoying for Michael to order all the custom number configurations.