FEEDBACK Poll: Emblem Numbers

• HTML tutorial

Should members be able to request specific numbers?

• No, issue numbers in the order received.

• Yes, allow people to request a specific number if its not taken.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
We'd like some feedback! For the original 500 emblems, getting the lowest number was very desirable. Now, we are noticing that more and more people want to get specific numbers. The trend is definitely increasing. No matter which direction we go, once a number is taken, it is no longer available. What do you think? Please respond to the poll above ^^^

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Hmm I was able to go with a lower number then what I got but I liked the 408 as it is where I'm originally from. Lol may even order a 707 lol

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I tend to think the emblem numbers should be generational. e.g. 0-500 Gen1 501-1000 Gen2 and so on. Within the emblem Generations people could be free to choose the numbers. That would keep things organized without crazy random numbers popping up. Easy categorizing with no crazy numeral databases to keep track of.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I tend to think the emblem numbers should be generational. e.g. 0-500 Gen1 501-1000 Gen2 and so on. Within the emblem Generations people could be free to choose the numbers. That would keep things organized without crazy random numbers popping up. Easy categorizing with no crazy numeral databases to keep track of.
Oh this is very interesting @Wolvee , It protects seniority, and allows flexibility to request numbers. We'll seriously consider this.

M @CorrieOB

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Bummer I already requested a # in gen2 ;-)

For reference, its my birth date, and also was my moto # as a kid heh

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Nosir, no confirmation of # rec'd, just the email confirming the order was placed (OB1138)

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Sorry, requested was #0912

And I misread this thread anyway. I was under the impression this system was in place some time ago. Sunday afternoon, post-nap

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
^^^ This

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

Looking at it from the supply side, I think it makes sense to just issue them in the order they are received. As the community grows it will become more and more difficult to keep up with special requests. Eventually custom emblems will be needed as vehicles get replaced or damaged, which will add the the confusion.

While as a member, it would be nice to get whatever number you want, but it will get harder and harder to satisfy those demands. People will come to identify with whatever number they are assigned.

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

You could do it like HAM call signs. You get issued one with a new license and you can get a specialized (vanity) call sign if it is available. There used to be a fee for it, now it is free. For you guys you could charge a fee for a "vanity" number.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

To be honest, I know you and Corrie already work your tails off for this site, so maybe it's time to just issue them sequentially so you have more time for other areas of the site?
Maybe leave the option open for 1-1000 then go sequential? Or, use a cutoff date when the custom orders stop.

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

To be honest, I know you and Corrie already work your tails off for this site, so maybe it's time to just issue them sequentially so you have more time for other areas of the site?
Maybe leave the option open for 1-1000 then go sequential? Or, use a cutoff date when the custom orders stop.
@administrator I think I'm with @stringtwelve on this one...But! It's so great to be able to pick your number. If you and Corrie want to continue, as your big 'ol baby grows, I think that will be so much work for you. Maybe compromise... choose the first 1000 and then after that, it's when you join. If you guys get into anything larger than 500 at a time, it may be all @CorrieOB ever does!

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

I like this idea but do no move to a new Gen till all numbers are taken?

I'm in between the two poll options. Yes allow people to pick their own number BUT only within an allotted number window or Gen

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
Like stringtwelve said "I know you and Corrie already work your tails off for this site" and which way is easier? Just go with that.
I'm just glad I get a number 364 woo hoo... in order of appearance is a good way....
Your all awesome

saint urho

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

I didn't see an option for ordering a number, I assumed it was like the DMV, you get the number you get.. unless you want to pay a whole lot more.