• HTML tutorial

deeker

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

SW Ontario, Canada
Member #

I see there are some people that have different 'levels' beside their username.
Can you shed some light on what they represent and how these levels, badges and points are accumulated?

Inquiring minds need to know. :yum:

Reactions: Bugout80

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

On most forums it is number of posts... maybe how many likes you get too. I use a lot of different forums, but so far this one seems really nice.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey guys,

There will be a lot more information on the level system in the coming weeks. We've actually put considerable time into thinking what is MOST relevant within the overland community, and how we might reward different level members. I will post the entire point system once it is finished, but here are some details.
  1. All trophies award points
  2. There are 4 trophy "tracks", those are:
    1. Overland Bound Ambassador
    2. Overland Bound Adventurer
    3. Overland Bound Innovator
    4. Overland Bound Challenger
  3. Each track has 15 trophies
  4. Accumulated points from all tracks increase your "level". For example; in two tracks, I have accumulated 402 points total. That makes me a "level 15" member
  5. Trophies have requirements to earn the points. Some are forum-based (automatic) but some will need to be verified, for example, the Overland Bound Challenger Endurance II trophy might require a verified water crossing.
I know that's a lot. Currently, the only track that has been set up is the Ambassador Track. These are forum and community based trophies, and currently, the first six levels are earnable. That should keep ya'll busy until I define the rest :wink:. It's actually pretty tricky math.

To display the badges in the forums, go to your profile and select the earned badge you would like to display!

More soon! Thanks guys!

M

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

This sounds well thought out! Many forums reward post whoring or popularity, neither of which are necessarily valuable assets, while the unpopular guys who answers every tech question get no reward. Your scheme sounds pretty balanced by comparison.

Reactions: Michael

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

That's pretty interesting. It will be a great participation piece for the site.

deeker

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

SW Ontario, Canada
Member #

Sounds interesting. I like the idea of the points being outside of the forum boundaries... doing what we talk about doing!
Look forward to lots of people racking up their point totals and seeing the pictures of the adventures.

Reactions: Bugout80

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Wow... lol that's a lot to catch up on.. I don't really participate in a lot of Forums but the Overland Bound forum is growing on me.
You have a very respectable Rank for such a short time on the forums! For the rank system I created something that would work for the lifetime of the site. I think I am the highest rank right now at III!

Reactions: Overland-Indiana

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

You have a very respectable Rank for such a short time on the forums! For the rank system I created something that would work for the lifetime of the site. I think I am the highest rank right now at III!

Doubt i'll catch ya, but i'll sure as heck try!! :yum:

TxTerra

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

prosper, tx
Member #

when do you start to get into the enthusiast catagory?

it also shows that i have 173 points (at time of posting) on the forums posts, but nearly 300 points on my profile. shouldnt they be the same?

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Let m

it also shows that i have 173 points (at time of posting) on the forums posts, but nearly 300 points on my profile. shouldnt they be the same?
e take a look and make sure everything is in order. Checking...

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

Got it! You got a big boost in points for being a member. That is 173 points. Your total points are 297. The first enthusiast level is awarded for 100 posts and 10 likes. I'll post more info on "requirements" soon! Rank II is very respectable! You gotta be some kind of nut like @stringtwelve or I to be rank III given the length of time the forums have been live! :)