Pismo OHV Meet up April 22nd-23rd

• HTML tutorial

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

So I reserved a camp spot they still had 642 of 999 left. I figured it will be easier to reserve a spot and not worry, than get there and be screwed.

OB 1466

Reactions: OuterLimits

Tyler Man

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

It won't fill up spring is notorious for wind around here. Not the best time of year for a visit....

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: O.Dfj

Djtho1

Rank 0

Traveler I

I will be there. First time in the dunes. I may or may not camp overnight. Not sure yet. How does the group identify itself? I will have a FRS radio with me (channel 14.4, I believe). I can meet before going out or can meet on the beach. I'm a quigley van, so at least somewhat noticeable.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: bacon_taste

bacon_taste

Rank I

Contributor III

I will be there. First time in the dunes. I may or may not camp overnight. Not sure yet. How does the group identify itself? I will have a FRS radio with me (channel 14.4, I believe). I can meet before going out or can meet on the beach. I'm a quigley van, so at least somewhat noticeable.

With cell signal, I figure either here or frs/cb. I'll be rolling down without a radio, as this truck is new to me and hasn't been outfitted with any extras yet. I'll be in a early 90s white gmc z71 truck with peeling paint,a black bed box, and redneck plastidip wheels. May have a usa flag off the back if I can rig it to my 5th wheel bracket

Sent from my SCH-I545 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: O.Dfj

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

bacon_taste

Rank I

Contributor III

Ok, so I was looking at the right page. Think I'll just pay at the gate. From looking at it, it looks like you just reserved a spot, and that spot will be assigned to you when you get there. Not sure if that means we'd all be able to camp in the same spot or what. Also looks like day use people get kicked off beach at 10pm.

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Ok, so I was looking at the right page. Think I'll just pay at the gate. From looking at it, it looks like you just reserved a spot, and that spot will be assigned to you when you get there. Not sure if that means we'd all be able to camp in the same spot or what. Also looks like day use people get kicked off beach at 10pm.
There is no assigned spots its basically a camping permit.

OB 1466

Tyler Man

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

I'll be flying a trump banner

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

GHOSTFJ

Rank II

Advocate II

I thought you can camp just about anywhere in the dunes?
Yes. Try to camp within 200-300yrds from the beach. Farther back is dangerous due to traffic, especially at night. Other than that, it's pretty much fair game to camp. I've rolled in at 11pm and set camp, woke up and went back to pay, never any issues. Be aware of tides as well. Last time I was there, someone decided to camp a little close to the water, woke up with their RV partially in the water. Air down, have fun.

Tom DeVor

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Arroyo Grande, California
Member #

With a group this large we might want to try to camp a little farther back into the dunes, if it's just one or 2 rigs it can be sketchy but with a large group especially if we are on a rise it will be fine. I just camped down there 2 weekends ago and we where out a way. this weekend is supposed be very nice here so expect a pretty good size RV crowd down there.

Reactions: pabloquiros

ScoutEquipment

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

SLO, CA
Mind if we join in on the fun?

Should have our 4Runner and kitchen setup going, along with a few other rigs.

I don't think we will be camping since we are local as well, but would love to come out for the afternoon/evening on Saturday and enjoy a fire on the beach.

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Mind if we join in on the fun?

Should have our 4Runner and kitchen setup going, along with a few other rigs.

I don't think we will be camping since we are local as well, but would love to come out for the afternoon/evening on Saturday and enjoy a fire on the beach.
Come on out

OB 1466

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

I read through the thread, is there a place/time everyone is planning on meeting?

I'd suggest near where the surf n' turf meets with a group of this size, but I can't recall which pole marker they meet at.
No idea yet i asked @SLO Rob where to meet since hes local. We are trying to get down there around noon tomorrow.

OB 1466

pabloquiros

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Morro Bay, California
Member #

I read through the thread, is there a place/time everyone is planning on meeting?

I'd suggest near where the surf n' turf meets with a group of this size, but I can't recall which pole marker they meet at.
Does anyone have an exact count of how many rigs are showing up? I agree with @ScoutEquipment on using the surf n' turf spot since its going to be a big group. So maybe right after the packed sand ends and the dunes start? I'll try and drop a pin on a map and post it here. On that note, do you have any stickers @ScoutEquipment ? I'd gotten one of yours from fozroamer back in OTG 2016 but its somewhat damaged. Wouldn't mind replacing it :)

Reactions: Tom DeVor

ScoutEquipment

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

SLO, CA
Does anyone have an exact count of how many rigs are showing up? I agree with @ScoutEquipment on using the surf n' turf spot since its going to be a big group. So maybe right after the packed sand ends and the dunes start? I'll try and drop a pin on a map and post it here. On that note, do you have any stickers @ScoutEquipment ? I'd gotten one of yours from fozroamer back in OTG 2016 but its somewhat damaged. Wouldn't mind replacing it :)
I remember it being just before pole 6 which is the end of the open area during this time of year: http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1170/files/OC-Map-WebVersion-Download.pdf

We will definitely have stickers and maybe even some T-shirts... Is @FozRoamer going to make it up?