Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Service Branch
Army / CIA
That first photo (backlit trees in bands) is spectacular, photography contest material! Very, very nice! The one of the youngster with the pumpkin is also nice - it's a portrait worth keeping. Also a fan of the raindrops on the Toyota... Anyway, very nice stuff -- keep shooting by all means!
Thank you! Will keep going for sure!

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

I shoot a lot of different stuff from editorial content to commercial promotional images. I do way more product photography than I like to, but it pays the most bills. My preference is travel and travel portraiture. Also editorial imagery as I enjoy the challenge of visual story telling with a wide variety of images for one project....
Really awesome photographs man.

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

And finally, some overlanding type images...

And this last one is an outtake from when I was setting up a "selfie" of my son and I. I did not know he had done this until I processed the images about week or two later. It's one of my favorite family photos. lol

J_Walker1977

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Walker
And finally, some overlanding type images...

And this last one is an outtake from when I was setting up a "selfie" of my son and I. I did not know he had done this until I processed the images about week or two later. It's one of my favorite family photos. lol

All nice shots, what are you shooting with?

OVRLNDCBR

Rank V

Advocate I

Canberra ACT, Australia
First Name
Jarrad
Last Name
Horne
Member #

aaronq

Rank I

Contributor III

Commerce City, CO, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Quinn
Service Branch
USAF
Dang, lots of great photography in this thread.

I’ve been using a camera since the mid ‘80s when I stared with my dads Nikkormat and the ever so fantastic nifty fifty and I’m still trying to figure it out…

Flickr
@aaronq_photos on the hated insta
@aaronq on @glass

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

600mm 1.2 LOL Amazing. What lens really. That is money.
Zim
Thanks Zim. My eagle photos were shot on a mix of Canon L lenses; 70-200 F2.8, 100-400 F4, and a 500 F4. All were shot with a Canon 20D body, so there is a 1.6 crop factor on all of those. Some even had a 1.4TC added to that. If you are interested, you can check out more of my eagle photos along with the setup/settings I used on my site. I'll leave you with a shot of Crazy Ed...

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Thanks Zim. My eagle photos were shot on a mix of Canon L lenses; 70-200 F2.8, 100-400 F4, and a 500 F4. All were shot with a Canon 20D body, so there is a 1.6 crop factor on all of those. Some even had a 1.4TC added to that. If you are interested, you can check out more of my eagle photos along with the setup/settings I used on my site. I'll leave you with a shot of Crazy Ed...

Thank you so much. We saw 4 Eagles at the Current River State Park in Missouri, and all I had was a 135. LOL I'm working hard to get a good lens for next year.
Thanks again.
Zim

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Thank you so much. We saw 4 Eagles at the Current River State Park in Missouri, and all I had was a 135. LOL I'm working hard to get a good lens for next year.
Thanks again.
Zim
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When on a work trip to Alaska, after entering thru the USA/Canadian border. I drove thru the 'valley of the eagles' on the way to Juneau. I must have seen almost a dozen. Fishing, hanging out in the trees, and just flying over the lake. It was spectacular and a real camera would have done justice to the memory I have. At the time, phone cameras were not the marvels they are now, but a SLR would have properly captured the scene. The above wildlife photos are spectacular. Thank you all for sharing.