BourbonRunner
Whisky Business
sourdough
Chalkboard Camper
Schake
JRElaxED
Adventr-X
TerryD

If you’re not listed here, you’re either in the other wave or you never gave me any of your information. Or I made a mistake!

Last edited:

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
It keeps going back and forth but it keeps looking like we’re going to have some sunshine and mid 60’s Should be beautiful!

Reactions: Sparky V

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

I'm gonna have to bail on this trip. Wife had to go out of town and my dog just came out of procedure. Gotta take care of the pup for a few weeks 'til he recovers. I'll remove my name from the RSVP.

• Sad
Reactions: TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Is the plan still lunch on the trail and then hitting a restaurant for supper and possibly running Tasker's Gap afterward then back to camp? Trying to work out my meal planning.

KAC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hunt Valley, Cockeysville, MD, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB3TYX
Of course we can do whatever everybody is in the mood for, but my recommendation to get the discussion started is:

Leave the Apple
Drive to the south end of PMR trail
Head up the trail
Take breaks as necessary
About half-way or so up the trail, pull over for some chow and a bit of a break
Pop out the top end of the trail, take a little mini-break, see how the second wave is doing
Lead the remainder of the first and second wave back down the same trail the opposite direction
Take appropriate breaks on the trail
Pop out the bottom end of the trail
Take anyone who is interested over to run Tasker’s

Anyone who can is welcome to have a Coke and a late lunch/early dinner
Off to camping or drive home

Thoughts/recommendations are welcome. This has the advantage of giving multiple windows for people to bail if they need to.

Offroadtb

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

This sounds fun. I am coming along, although I’ll probably have to meet y’all up the trail, I have work early am as of now. If that changes I can run the whole thing which is preferable. So if I am reading this correct, we will make a run, and then camp stairdya evening, then make our way out and meet up at the bbq place?

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
This sounds fun. I am coming along, although I’ll probably have to meet y’all up the trail, I have work early am as of now. If that changes I can run the whole thing which is preferable. So if I am reading this correct, we will make a run, and then camp stairdya evening, then make our way out and meet up at the bbq place?
The BBQ is the Western Va Meet-up in Roanoke Sunday, not directly related to this event but everyone would be welcome there too.

KAC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB3TYX
There's a couple things to mention-some really quick things newer people may not have thought about.

You should definitely gas up at the station where we're meeting. It's always wise to be as filled up as possible. You use more gas than usual out on the trail, so better practice is to topped off.

It's pretty likely to be rather muddy in spots. Before you head down there, it might be wise to make sure you're filled up with windshield washer fluid.

On trails like this, I am not a guy who is speeding up and down the trails. If that's your thing, you should probably be in the other wave. There are enough sudden holes, rocks, roots, and stumps that I'd rather be cautious than otherwise. I don't know about you, but this is the rig I'm driving home! I will likely be doing the whole time on the trail in 4Lo, and you should probably consider that as well. I don't believe lockers will get a lot of use, if any.

I air down whenever I'm off-road. I find it gives me a better ride and more traction. What I air down to depends on the terrain, as well as about ten other factors. If you want to air down, but aren't sure about how far to go etc. there will be people there with lots of experience and similar vehicles who can point you in the right direction.

KAC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB3TYX
Well everyone, I may or may not have time to post on Friday. I’ll be meeting all of you in Wave one no later than 1000 at the Apple. We will have a brief drivers’ meeting then will get on the trail in a timely way to leave some spacing from the Wave two guys.

My number is posted up in the Rally Point info if you need to call me.

I’m psyched, I look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

Cool!

You all have fun. I had thought about sneaking up there, but forgot Wife and Daughter are heading out to NYC tomorrow for the weekend. So, that leaves me with doggie to watch.

Side bar, and not to jack up the thread...

Also forgot that his weekend is the Earth day clean up over at Bald mountain/Big Levels.

This is sponsored by VA4WDA.

Might run out there with the dog. We’ll see on that one

Last edited:

KAC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB3TYX
Cool!

You all have fun. I had thought about sneaking up there, but forgot Wife and Daughter are heading out to NYC tomorrow for the weekend. So, that leaves me with doggie to watch.

Side bar, and not to jack up the thread...

Also forgot that his weekend is the Earth day clean up over at Bald mountain/Big Levels.

This is sponsored by V4WDA.

Might run out there with the dog. We’ll see on that one

Sounds like fun!

We’ll try to be doing our own cleanup when we see stuff too. Hope to see you out on the trail soon.

Reactions: Hafaday and TerryD