Peters Mill Fun Run

• HTML tutorial

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

OK... Not interested in making the trip only to search for and possibly not find a day pass. Can a day pass be purchased in advance? How can I get an annual pass? Can it be done remotely? As you can tell, this is all new to me.
Whoa, Whoooooaa.

I'm not trying to scare off, you or anyone at all. Just saying it can happen. Pending on which way you are coming in, stop by one of the stores and grab your pass ( See link for locations).

The pass is the old school wrist band kinda thing like you would get at a concert to be able to drink.. The pass it self has the place to write in the month, day, year.

"YOU" physically write it in. You could buy it tomorrow and still be good for the weekend. Do not let them fill it out for you, or you just got screwed.

..My apologies..

Sparky V

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Harrisonburg, Va
First Name
Vicente
Last Name
Rosa
Member #

Yeah if you mail in the form, they mail you the wrist band for you to fill it out. Same as what Hafaday said just no running around! The only question is how long will it take to get the wrist band in the mail if you choose the snail mail option! [emoji222][emoji16]

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
Is it worth calling whatever place we plan to stop at? Make sure they will have enough passes?

Last edited:
Reactions: ATLAS/APOLO

KAC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hunt Valley, Cockeysville, MD, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB3TYX
I spoke to the place where we're meeting up, and they told me if I give them an accurate count, they can make sure to have enough passes for all of us.

This is another reason I need an accurate count from all the "friends and family" people who are not on the RSVP.

KAC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB3TYX
To be very clear, the location where we are to meet on the 13th is the Big Apple convenience store located at 403 N. Main St. in Edinburg 22824.

My belief is that it is a BP/Amoco station.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
To be very clear, the location where we are to meet on the 13th is the Big Apple convenience store located at 403 N. Main St. in Edinburg 22824.

My belief is that it is a BP/Amoco station.
Google shows it to be an Exxon but I've never been there to know for sure.

Reactions: KAC

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Guys I was out in Fort Valley this weekend and went up Woodstock Tower Rd(from the Ft Valley side) and down part of PMR. Looks like the NFS and locals did some good cleanup on all of the gravel roads in the area-laid down some new gravel, filled in a bunch of the holes, etc. FR66 was open all the way out to Mudhole Gap(great dispersed campsites out there)-about 2-3 miles from PMR.

KAC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB3TYX
Good news. I just got off the phone with Debbie, the manager of the Big Apple. She confirmed that she has written down that she will sufficient passes for all of us on 4/13. I will additionally call and remind her again on the Monday preceding.

BTW, as someone else previously stated (not me), the Apple is an Exxon, not a BP station. Sorry about that. Being old and losing my memory sucks!

Reactions: sabjku and TerryD

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
Is this still open for more vehicles? I would like to be able to make the run if so.
This is wave 2. There’s plenty of room there. Same day just a different time

ECHAIL

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Virginia Beach, VA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Hailey
Member #

Thank You,
I'm all signed up over in group 2. Being a new member I'm excited to meet some other OB people and get a little taste of the trail.

This will be my first organized run. Not totally new to off road, but definitely wouldn't call myself experienced.
I will be driving my 2015 Tundra with ICON suspension and 35" Tires.
I have some straps, tool kit, First aid Kit, and should have a compressor by then.
Just ordered a Ham transceiver for the rig(hopefully it will be in on time), but i will pick up CB if needed. I have a few walkies ill throw in the truck also.
Looks like a very easy run but can hurt to be over prepared.

I will be camping but not sure where yet; is there a "main" spot most of our members are staying?
I will need room for a RTT trailer and my truck.
I've seen some good suggestions but would like to plan on camping by others if possible.