Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I haven't updated this thread in quite a while. As mentioned above the original trailer took quite a turn as its build and use changed primarily due to my wife wanting to go camping too. I'm using it for solo trips and we're using the "tear pop" for trips together. I didn't photo-doc the revisions to the off road trailer as much as did for the original build. I was in too much of a rush! I did document the mods to the Clipper on another forum but unfortunately the pics got wiped out due to a hosting problem (my fault).

I thought I'd just post some random shots of both. They're well used and will continue to be modified as we go. I have a full summer planned on my Jeep LJ (body & paint mainly) and Jeep WK (uni-body work various mods) but I hope to free up some time to build the fibreglass trailer shown in post #27 above. I'm building a new off road frame for it which will include moving the axle back to a 60/40 split. That will involve a fair bit of fibreglass work.

Random pics ... 20-05-17 2.JPG20-08-22 1.JPG20-10-19 3.JPG21-06-19 5.JPG22-05-13 3.JPG22-05-15 2.JPG

Last edited:

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I haven't done a lot to this trailer recently, other than use it as I did for the last 5 nights. I recently added a pair of traction boards to it. Apart from their obvious use, in this location they seal off the open bed of the trailer so that nothing can be taken out (stolen) when the mount is locked. I used SportRack bike locks that just spin when in the locked position.

23-05-09 2.jpg

I cook on the tailgate when it's in the down position. With the trac boards off I attach a 16"x32" cutting board to the mount to provide additional counter space (unfortunately not shown in this pic).

23-05-04 5.jpg

Last edited: