• HTML tutorial

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

Alright guys and gals,

I am starting my trip planning for my winter off. I work seasonally and collect a paycheck in the winter months without having to work. I know it is pretty great. This winter I am looking to play snowbird, yes at 25 my parents are super jealous. Anyway, I am looking to run the coast from PA to the Keys and spend some time tent camping the whole way down.

I am looking for input for stops, places to stay (especially places to tent for free), and anything in between. I am bringing both my lake fishing pole and my deep water pole cause I am going to enjoy my fishing! I am still looking at bringing my bow to possibly hunt along the way as well.

Locals please put input on gear i should bring that I may not think of off hand and such. Don't worry already planning any tags and licenses needed to fish and hunt. I do not plan on bringing my kayak. I am looking into coolers and such as well to help store food. Living out of the Tacoma will surely be an experience and one I am super excited to have!

Thanks for the input and advice guys. I will post more in here as I start to really get things going.

Oh, as for the route, Scranton, PA to Key West, FL via Google Maps. That's the plan as of right now, just straight down the coast.

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

Still planning!

Typed on a smallish quadrilateral of aluminosilicate glass, a task that would have been unimaginable to most people even a few short years ago. mistakes are inevitable.

Bennett

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Baltimore, MD
Member #

If I were making that trip I would plan my route down through the GWNF and pick up Skyline Dr in VA. Plenty of free tent camping in GWNF and nice forrest service roads.

Reactions: SeguineJ

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

Thanks for the advice, due to some recent changes in life I am not one hundred percent sure this will still be happening, but I will def be looking into your advice, there is always next year if I have too!