Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

I have the same CPAP machine, love it.
I use this cord, a little less money from Amazon.
View attachment 124987
That's the one I got for my wifes Respironics Dream Station. It works great. Ran for 4 days (with the humidifier) on a 105agm non deep cycle battery. My dumbass got all wrapped up in worrying about how to power it and bought a 1500w pure sine inverter for it without even checking to see what it actually runs off of. Turns out it runs straight off of 12v. So now I use that cord and have a sweet 1500w pure sine inverter that I don't use. Long story short do your research first. You might be surprised at what you find.

Reactions: John~SWNM

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I have a buddy who was a on a Cpap and type 2 Diabetes, change his diet and dropped a bunch of weight. Now he does not need the Cpap or the meds. YMMV.

John~SWNM

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Holloway
Member #

I have a buddy who was a on a Cpap and type 2 Diabetes, change his diet and dropped a bunch of weight. Now he does not need the Cpap or the meds. YMMV.
Yeah, I'm well within my height/weight boundaries, no other health issues that aren't orthopedic, just the apnea. Right now I'm favoring a small 12v battery pack that has multiple charging options from the vehicle.

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

I got the dc adapter that'll plug into our micro camper via 12v outlet. I do not run the humidifier/ heater but i don't use that at home either. The camper has dual batteries and dual solar so I have never run out of power yet which was the lan when i installed the solar and batteries.On other forums I have also seen folks running them off of battery jumper packs

Plasmajab

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Quinte West, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Howard
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3IRA
Unfortunately my F&P Icon + has a 120v plug hardwired in.. So I just use a charged up 12v Deep cycle in the back of the rig and a 400w inverter. I switch it to airplane mode, which shuts off the humidifer, heated hose and the spy radio. Seems to work ok.

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

If size, weight and cost play a factor, you can get a 12V motorcycle battery and a CPAP will run all night off one of those. You would just need to find a way to charge it back up the next day while you drive. They can be recharged off a light plug or a small solar panel.
I'm talking less than $50 all in, or maybe $100 if you go Lithium.

Tug

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Loudon, Tennessee
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Marlar
John, I’ve have a CPAP. I’ve had it for years and love mine. To me, It like a dog with his head out the rigs window! It’s all I can do to stay awake when I put it on. I just lost 98 lbs. and the CPAPs pressure has really been turned down and I got off some meds too, but I love my machine and still use it every night.

It looks like you got lots a good ideas from everyone.

There is one more company in the US that makes great power product’s. You might want to look at their options. I have gotten three of theirs units.
( one kilowatt unit Adjustments.JPG one self contained Ham radio unit 7EB96DB8-CEC3-4BF8-9BF5-D129B9FB5DEA-298-000000172F41C096.JPG and a small but powerful battery pack. All will drive multiple functions plus all are rechargeable with just a Solar panel if needed. The name of the Tennessee company is Harden Power Systems Hardened Power Systems, USA – INNOVATION THAT WORKS. HARD.. Just call they will tell you about their units and driving a CPAP. They are helpful and will talk your ear off. Great to do business with.
Have a great day, and enjoy that sleep!
Tug

Brian Glendenning

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Socorro, NM
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Glendenning
Member #

Beware that Lithium Ion chemistry has lower voltage than many 12V CPAP inputs expect, so the CPAP might stop while the battery is still at well over 50% charge. You can resolve this by using a "regulated" cable (Goal Zero sells one), or by using a different chemistry (lead acid, LiFePO4). Just something to look out for. As said above, avoid the inverter losses and make sure any heating is turned off. My ResMed AirMini will run the better part of 2 nights on my 100 Wh travel battery (Mediastrom).

Reactions: John~SWNM