Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

I also decided to lose the factory running boards. Although the Raptor ones are good looking, I am pleased I did for the clearance and the look.

Reactions: rho

blebars

Rank 0

Contributor I

Bay Area, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
LeBars
So I have completely lost my mind and after rebuilding the Yakima rack system I was still not happy to have to strip the gear, rack, and wiring (quick connectors I made) off the truck to get it in the garage. So I did a bunch of research and found that Front Runner racks has a track mount low profile racking system that will adapt ritght into the tracks on my Snugtop shell. I braved the LA traffic and drove up to their store in Agoura Hills and was not disappointed. Long story short, I came home with a whole new racking system. With the low profile rack I can just take the rotopax, MaxTrax and Hilift off and it fits in the garage. I took the opportunity to update the lighting as well. Here are some progress pics.
Do you happen to have the model number of the low profile Front Runner Rack? I'm looking for something near flush like that, I currently have Yakima tracks in my ARE shell. Thanks in advance.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Reactions: blebars

rghbsn

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Eastern NC
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Hector
Service Branch
USAF
Fantastic build! I have an '18 Super Crew Raptor and was looking for some ideas... this is fantastic! Great looking rig. I don't have much in the way of desert runs out here in NC, but there is plenty of other fun to be had.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Fantastic build! I have an '18 Super Crew Raptor and was looking for some ideas... this is fantastic! Great looking rig. I don't have much in the way of desert runs out here in NC, but there is plenty of other fun to be had.
Thank you! It is an awesome platform, I love this truck. So many things you can do with them. It is in process of doing the Intercooler upgrade right now. Let me know if you have any questions, happy to share my lessons learned.

I love NC, my dad is in Sherrill’s Ford

Reactions: rghbsn

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Hey y’all, so I am quite pleased. I got the SVC upgraded and relocated Intercooler in before my Arizona trip. 750 miles into the trip, 150 of those on dirt ranging from 60 degrees at 8,950 feet to the high desert and 100 degrees and all good. I am not feeling any heat soak with the turbos and everything is running cool. Very happy with this mod. The shiny bits behind the grill are the new Intercooler setup :) B5F2AAAA-5AC5-4794-8C7F-3B69D6568A9A.jpeg

nomoeideas

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Keenan
Last Name
Moe
Member #

Hi what size did you go with for your Front Runner rack? I'm currently looking to order one for my 2018 F150 extra short (5'6") box with a leer canopy (Thule Tracks). My problem is the canopy is still on order and I cannot get the canopy roof dimensions anywhere. I want the largest rack I can but the 56.1" Wide by 61.4" long might be just too long.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Hi what size did you go with for your Front Runner rack? I'm currently looking to order one for my 2018 F150 extra short (5'6") box with a leer canopy (Thule Tracks). My problem is the canopy is still on order and I cannot get the canopy roof dimensions anywhere. I want the largest rack I can but the 56.1" Wide by 61.4" long might be just too long.
Hey there, mine is the 53x56 and fits perfectly on the shell with the 5’6” bed. The one for canopy is the Slimeline ll with OEM Track and they list it as 1425mm x 1358mm. The SKU is KRCA055TN

Jeepmedic46

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Orange, Ma
First Name
William
Last Name
Domey
Member #

View attachment 77876 View attachment 77874 View attachment 77875 I finally got some lights for the cut outs in the Warn bumper. Fun project today getting the blanks cut out, mounting and wiring the lights. Gotta love the factory installed upfitter switches, sure makes it easier to install lights. Also replaced a bunch of trim clips from the winch and bumper project. I hate these stupid one use trim clips!
The bumper looks great, Great build

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I'm not usually a big fan of aftermarket bumpers, but I will say your bumper looks great. It's not over the top big.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

I'm not usually a big fan of aftermarket bumpers, but I will say your bumper looks great. It's not over the top big.
Thanks! I looked through so many that gave me the winch size I wanted, protection and not ruining the lines of the truck. I love the front end styling of these trucks, it would be a shame to cover it up :)

Reactions: Jaytperry89

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Ext major project underway! Major project to improve the rear departure angle and put on a substantial rear bumper. For prep I have removed the spare tire from underneath permanently (another project related to that soon!) and did an axle dump on the exhaust. Created major space underneath in the back. With that done I created the room for the new high clearance bumper. I went with the Mohave bumper that retains the back up sensors from SVC off-road. I am very lucky that SVC is 10 minutes away from my work so I grabbed the bumper this week. Can’t say enough good hints about this shop!

67B95A22-A2F1-46A6-BA11-4EF1D5CD0BC8.jpeg
The stock bumper and receiver had a ground to receiver clearance of 16.5”

I had to remove all the stock hardware, wiring for sensors, license plate lights and tow lights.

57855AE2-23B3-40A2-85E7-2589AA3F8146.jpeg
Then the fun began!

I had to cut off the lower portion of the frame plates which was quite a chore.

D1D1754C-DC2E-4828-AC47-0D3952004B3F.jpeg

Reactions: JCWages

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

After getting the frame plates cut down I was able to mount the bumper.
16018F89-E85A-417D-84E8-A2413592DE46.jpeg
I got the bumper mounted, lights wired and license plate mounted.

I still have to decide how much to trim the rear quarter panels to line up with the bumper. Some minor detail work after that and I can start planning phase 2!

Reactions: JCWages and rho

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

With the bumper done and the spare tire removed it was time for phase 2 of the rear end rework. Picked up the Wilco. off-road Hitchgate XL with the rotopax mounts today.

83E4B695-7F69-44E8-93AD-B2C505A860A2.jpeg

Quite pleased with the high clearance bumper from SVC combined with the Hitchgate XL.

83E4B695-7F69-44E8-93AD-B2C505A860A2.jpeg

Attachments

Reactions: JCWages

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

8BEB3635-A373-4DA6-AFAB-2BA3FD967B67.jpeg
The final result is quite nice I feel! I gained 6” clearance on the departure angle and got the spare in an accessible location for off roading. I moved the water rotopax to the back as they get used much more often than the fuel.

878A530F-908E-4590-A558-FDEEF1883B79.jpeg

I took it up a rather aggressive hill and everything was tight and solid! However the rear cam blockage is not my favorite. May look for a relocation kit.

Over all I am very pleased and looking forward to putting it all to the test on my five day overlanding trip to Utah in T minus 7 days and counting :)

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

1B9AFDA6-EB70-4112-AEFF-A92F2879C0BB.jpeg
Getting ready for a five day overlanding trip so I added a rugged case on the roof for snow chains, belts, fluids, chain tensioner and a few odds and ends. Freed up space in the camper. Also added two more Fuelpax for a total of 14 gallons of spare fuel brining my total onboard fuel to 50 gallons.

D2D6863C-8D87-435B-B23B-0451294A9B4E.jpeg
The rugged case balanced the load well on the roof rack. I am also quite pleased to have the water down low and more accessible.

Reactions: Raul B

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

So, I loved the massive improvement in rear clearance and departure angle so much (6” improvement at the hitch) that this is about to happen this weekend! 75DA92FD-A46D-4159-8F63-FC50C2114A81.jpeg
this is the Raptor bolt on front bumper from SVC Off-road and another couple surprises to come in the next two weeks! I can’t say enough good things about SVC Off-road, they are a class act! Thanks to Jarrett, Dom and Jeff for taking good care of me and can’t wait for the next steps to be done!

I will post pics on Saturday as the bumper progresses and am excited to drastically improve my approach angle and get all the weight off the front. This is going from the Warn bumper and winch weighing in at 250 pounds to 75 pounds total for the SVC bumper. The winch will be getting a new and creative mounting location, more on that later.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

An awesome project day yesterday! Removed the winch, Warn Bumper and front cube lights. Turns out to be 265 pounds removed and replaced with a 75 pound new high clearance bumper.

25EC72E1-CDEA-46B9-804D-88EA33078887.jpeg

I have no idea why the app has decided all my pictures will be rotated 90 degrees #*$@
Anyhow, bumper on, and a few loose ends detailed. Next step is the winch relocation and a light solution for the front bumper!

I lost the weight, vastly improved my approach angle and the front suspension unloaded almost a full inch from weight removal. The angle of the skid plate (rough approximation of approach angle) for the Warn bumper was 34 degrees and the SVC bumper is 41 degrees. Also, the bumper (measuring from the grill forward) was reduced 7” with the new bumper.

more to come on the light solution for the front!

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

519171D4-4739-4896-AC8F-98E748E586E6.jpeg
I am very pleased with the rear taillight bar from GGLighting. I just changed the outer elements to amber from red and wired then to my amber chase lights. I like having more rearward visibility, especially when in caravan in heavy dust. I also bolted down the hard case in the middle and got rid of the ratchet straps. The details continue!