Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Hi There,

It has held up well and I am off road a lot! It is the FrontRunner drilled one. I installed it myself and it was a bit challenging but solid once done. I run two 3.5 gallon fuel rotopax, 4 Maxtrax, and a long pelican case with my snow chains for all four tires. So it holds up well to a load. I have done everything from rock crawling to miles and miles of washboard roads and some high speed desert runs and it has never moved or given any problems.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

8252A1EC-A841-4F75-8115-92B58FA4EFFD.jpeg
got the rack and tent and some other goodies mounted on the trailer yesterday. Took it for a short shakedown run and I am really pleased with the way this is coming together. I think it looks great behind the Raptor! ButI may be a bit biased :)

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

That is a sweet looking set up. Can I make one suggestion on your trailer? Convert your axles to the same bolt pattern as your truck. I’m converting my old willys trailer to run an 8 lug pattern with 35x12.50s on it. If things get bad I have a couple of extra tires to depend on. Again sweet build.

Reactions: SS308

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

That is a sweet looking set up. Can I make one suggestion on your trailer? Convert your axles to the same bolt pattern as your truck. I’m converting my old willys trailer to run an 8 lug pattern with 35x12.50s on it. If things get bad I have a couple of extra tires to depend on. Again sweet build.
That’s on the list of things to do! Next is power system.

BigH2OChief

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Carmel Mountain Ranch, San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Woody
Member #

Service Branch
US Army / US Navy
Sweet Rig! I seriously like your bumper & winch. I went with Eibachs at Mid Perch and Deaver HD +3 and the ass is still hangs slightly (Pre-Runner style). Then again I do have the cap & swing out tire carrier back there. Me and my Gen1 are down the 15 from you in San Diego. Let me know if you get down this way. Love to meet up and swap build stories.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

BAE02895-9143-49EC-B038-59E9E24F8703.jpeg
it’s been a while since I updated the build thread. Recent updates include upgrading the Auxbeam front lights to BajaDesigns LP6’s and replacing the rear chase bar with BajaDesigns sport lights. Also added the WeBoost cellular booster and Midland GMRS radio for a comms update. Currently reconfiguring the roof rack equipment. More pics to come soon!

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Sweet Rig! I seriously like your bumper & winch. I went with Eibachs at Mid Perch and Deaver HD +3 and the ass is still hangs slightly (Pre-Runner style). Then again I do have the cap & swing out tire carrier back there. Me and my Gen1 are down the 15 from you in San Diego. Let me know if you get down this way. Love to meet up and swap build stories.
Hey, sorry I just saw this, haven’t been on the site lately. Would be great to hit the trails sometime! Are you on Instagram? @ncat_explores

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

An FYI note for all, The CHP paid me a visit while I was driving in Bishop, CA on Christmas (going 28 in a 25) and wrote me a fix-it ticket for window tint and uncovered off-road lights. I recommend getting covers for all your forward facing lights to avoid issues :( Note: I did not have any lights on at the time.

SS308

Rank V

Advocate I

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
Wow, that sucks! In Wyoming it's anything above the hood, that has to be covered on any paved road.
By the way, I like your build. I have a race red Gen 1 that I built up for overland. The Raptors are fun trucks.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Wow, that sucks! In Wyoming it's anything above the hood, that has to be covered on any paved road.
By the way, I like your build. I have a race red Gen 1 that I built up for overland. The Raptors are fun trucks.
Ya, he must have been bored :) California is pretty strict.
thanks, I love this truck. Love to see a pic of your Gen 1!

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
An FYI note for all, The CHP paid me a visit while I was driving in Bishop, CA on Christmas (going 28 in a 25) and wrote me a fix-it ticket for window tint and uncovered off-road lights. I recommend getting covers for all your forward facing lights to avoid issues :( Note: I did not have any lights on at the time.
Thats garbage, Idaho doesnt seem to have any issues with offroad lights being covered lol.