Newcastle, OK, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Wow, that sucks! In Wyoming it's anything above the hood, that has to be covered on any paved road.
By the way, I like your build. I have a race red Gen 1 that I built up for overland. The Raptors are fun trucks.
That sucks. If there are laws in Oklahoma no one enforces them. My friend did get a ticket for having all his lights on while on a paved street (8 lights if i remember correctly). But there was no concern about covers.

Reactions: SS308

WTSMatt

Rank V

Advocate I

Monterey, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Stoddard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6TZY
Service Branch
Fire
As lockdown continues I am enjoying some good garage time and getting caught up on little projects that have been on the list for a while.

today I got the Anderson connectors mounted to my bumper and tied into my rear winch mounting solution. This will allow me to plug in jumper cables and also my air compressor without opening the hood, just a quick connect at the rear bumper.
View attachment 146570View attachment 146571
Thats a pretty cool set-up! an you share more info/pics of you did that? I've got a 3.5 EB F150 and a front winch is just not an option as I am not in the realm of moving my intercooler at this point. Thanks!

fstfrd00

Rank IV

Pathfinder III

Fort Worth
what antenna (radio) do you have? I had a cravenspeed stubby on my Bronco, but when I installed a cheap pair of amazon pod lights the reception disappeared.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

what antenna (radio) do you have? I had a cravenspeed stubby on my Bronco, but when I installed a cheap pair of amazon pod lights the reception disappeared.
I just got a stubby antenna at AutoZone. To be honest I only listen to Sirius XM, so I am not sure what , if anything, is effected there.

Reactions: SS308

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Thats a pretty cool set-up! an you share more info/pics of you did that? I've got a 3.5 EB F150 and a front winch is just not an option as I am not in the realm of moving my intercooler at this point. Thanks!
I had to remove the spare tire for other mods I was doing so we welded a set of cross bars as a mounting point for the winch in the spare tire well. We then added some tabs on the bumper to attach the fair lead. I ran 2ga cable from the battery down the frame to a junction box I installed in the spare tire well near the winch. From the junction block I ran cable to the winch and a separate cable to the Anderson connector. The Anderson is great for powering trailer items, running my air compressor or jumper cables without having to open the hood. I got a Warn Bluetooth kit for the winch so I can run it from my phone as the winch controller.

I will look for some pictures.

WTSMatt

Rank V

Advocate I

Monterey, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Stoddard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6TZY
Service Branch
Fire
I had to remove the spare tire for other mods I was doing so we welded a set of cross bars as a mounting point for the winch in the spare tire well. We then added some tabs on the bumper to attach the fair lead. I ran 2ga cable from the battery down the frame to a junction box I installed in the spare tire well near the winch. From the junction block I ran cable to the winch and a separate cable to the Anderson connector. The Anderson is great for powering trailer items, running my air compressor or jumper cables without having to open the hood. I got a Warn Bluetooth kit for the winch so I can run it from my phone as the winch controller.

Awesome, thanks! Any concerns about welding to the frame? I keep hearing its ok and that's its a serious no-no.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Like anything on these forums there are a million opinions! My experience is it’s fine to weld to the frame. My fabricator welded my sliders to the frame and they have been well used with no issues so far!

Reactions: SS308 and WTSMatt

JacksonRL

Rank VII

Educator I

York County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC

Awesome, thanks! Any concerns about welding to the frame? I keep hearing its ok and that's its a serious no-no.
Just make sure to disconnect your battery. I mean …that might be obvious. Not meaning to insult anyone’s intelligence.

Reactions: SS308 and Ncat