4S50

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Stef
2016 Oregon in snow.JPG We have since added brakes, 35" tires to match the CJ7, redesigned the hitch, added a AGM battery, some LED lights, a fridge, an RTT and various other touches and modifications. We have done a few 10-14 day trips in the Western states, with the2016 Rubicon ledge.JPG View attachment 22437 2017 Mojave Indian Springs Trail1 .JPG 2017 Mojave Indian Springs Trail1 .JPG most recent being the Mojave Road and desert side trips a few weeks ago.

Attachments

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Iam starting a new project.
A caratrailer. So a combination between a Caravan and a Trailer. A bit bigger as a Teardrop trailer, bus way smaller as a Caravan.
And it will look something like this.

Not very sure about the size. And how it will look like when I am done, but hey, this is a bit the start of our new Project.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

I can do so, Or starting it under Roberts Rigs. Or both, will see.
I have at this moment some info, but not much. It is, how much will I do myself and how much will companies do for me.
That is the point.
So, this and next week we will get more and more info and in the week of the 15th to th 19th of may we will decide what we gonna do.
Then I hope I can give the order to build the basic trailer.
I will then finish the build after we will be back from Wales. Which will be the end of May.

So, it will be fun to build.

the requierments for the trailer will be;
  1. same width as the Frontera (wheel track (right words?))
  2. enough space to sleep and just sit for two persons.
    1. priority is sleeping in it. But just enough space to be indoors when there is a rainy day.
  3. Kitchen must be accesable from the outside, this is the main way to cook. Outside.
  4. same wheels as the Frontera.
  5. Not much higher as the Frontera.
  6. The same ground clearance as the Frontera.
  7. good depart angle.
  8. light weight
  9. must carry a roof rack.
  10. must be able to carry at least one, preferable two spare wheels.

Well that is it for the moment.

sully3

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Purdy, MO
First Name
jeff
Last Name
sullivan
Member #

IMG_4113.JPG IMG_4055.JPG our trailer, got to look for some more, kids took the one going down the road leaving Cotopaxi Co

sully3

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Purdy, MO
First Name
jeff
Last Name
sullivan
Member #

Nice looking setup! What is that blacktail below the roof line?
not sure what your seeing unless ,is it what go's all the way across below the roof and just above the door? if so it is the track for the awning. There is one above side entry door also, need to get pics with both awnings up..

Reactions: Dana Ramos

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
not sure what your seeing unless ,is it what go's all the way across below the roof and just above the door? if so it is the track for the awning. There is one above side entry door also, need to get pics with both awnings up..
Ahhh yup, awning mount I guess.