Investor

Traveler III

Lexington, Henderson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shelby
Member #

Currently my trailer is on jack stands, getting an axle upgrade. Swapping a 2k axle for a 3.5k brake axle. Photo is what it should look like and close to the height. Picking up axle Friday.

Follow my build here at DIY PoBack Trailer Build.

Attachments

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Our homebuilt trailer from an old vet box that was normally fitted for a pick up truck. Still a work in progress :) Has a cargo area in the front section with 4 drawers in the rear with a tailgate. 12V power source built in tongue box with interior and exterior spot lights. Will replace the pull out grill with something more suitable for camping (the Coleman was set up for a quick weekend trip test run).

I've been taking photo's of the build and plan on adding to the trailer DIY section. I'll update this post once I have them uploaded

View attachment 184715View attachment 184717View attachment 184716
That's very cool.

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

Our homebuilt trailer from an old vet box that was normally fitted for a pick up truck. Still a work in progress :) Has a cargo area in the front section with 4 drawers in the rear with a tailgate. 12V power source built in tongue box with interior and exterior spot lights. Will replace the pull out grill with something more suitable for camping (the Coleman was set up for a quick weekend trip test run).

I've been taking photo's of the build and plan on adding to the trailer DIY section. I'll update this post once I have them uploaded

That is an awesome trailer. Love the drawer system. Does it have power to the drawers for a frig?

Reactions: Bri4Runner

Bri4Runner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Waco, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Dooley
Member #

That is an awesome trailer. Love the drawer system. Does it have power to the drawers for a frig?
Thanks! Yes, the tongue box has a 12V power supply with a 110 converter. It helps power the Engel Fridge/freezer as well as both a 12v socket and USB chargers (where those 2 holes were in the pic) . There is also LED lighting on each lift hatch. If you google Porta-Vet you can see how these are built for mobile Vet use.

Bubba Tim

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Middleburg, FL, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Reyes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N2BBT / K4OPX
Service Branch
US Army Ranger

Nice build...

Gstrange

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bowling Green, KY, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Strange
Member #

Great looking setup! I'm still waiting for my new AntiShanty to be built. Should pick it up June 2023. Can't wait!!!

Gstrange

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bowling Green, KY, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Strange
Member #

Awesome! I’ve seen videos of those they look bad ass!
I think the walk in style of trailer is for me and my wife now. We are getting too old climbing up and down ladders of roof top tents at 2 in the morning. Plus we can now have heat in the winter. Old bones I guess.....

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
This is my DIY 'Yeller' Trailer. It is a former welder trailer that I hacked apart and modified. It has a 3,500lb brake axle with spring/shackle suspension on Jeep wheels, bearing buddies, shocks, an 11' 2.5x2.5x.25" backbone, cargo lights, 15 gallon water capacity with 3 stage filtration, interior storage, the ability to carry kayaks, a RTT and propane storage.

1669917821255.png

1669918223261.png

1669918899019.png

The build and continual modifications of 'Yeller' can be found here: Project 'Yeller' Trailer Build

Fj60Fan

Rank III

Enthusiast III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Deweese
Member #

This is my DIY 'Yeller' Trailer. It is a former welder trailer that I hacked apart and modified. It has a 3,500lb brake axle with spring/shackle suspension on Jeep wheels, bearing buddies, shocks, an 11' 2.5x2.5x.25" backbone, cargo lights, 15 gallon water capacity with 3 stage filtration, interior storage, the ability to carry kayaks, a RTT and propane storage.

View attachment 246135

View attachment 246136

View attachment 246137

The build and continual modifications of 'Yeller' can be found here: Project 'Yeller' Trailer Build
Nice Trailer! Dig the LC as well!

Reactions: KonzaLander

doreen

Rank I

Contributor II

Michigan, USA
First Name
Doreen
Last Name
Minnow
2021 Runaway Venturist all composite. Full steel tube frame, Timbren axles with brakes. fully customized to fit our needs.
Love it!
Nice Rig! We have one order. So excited to get it set up :smiley: Do you have any idea the distance between the bottom of the ac unit to the trailer frame? We are deciding on what kind of box set up we are going to create. Thanks!

Fj60Fan

Rank III

Enthusiast III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Deweese
Member #

2021 Runaway Venturist all composite. Full steel tube frame, Timbren axles with brakes. fully customized to fit our needs.
Love it!
Nice Rig! We have one order. So excited to get it set up :smiley: Do you have any idea the distance between the bottom of the ac unit to the trailer frame? We are deciding on what kind of box set up we are going to create. Thanks!
I will measure and let you know

Reactions: doreen

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Love my DIY trailer, Built by someone else, I am the 3rd owner and love love love this thing. SO nice to have everything packed all the time, all I do is hook up and go!

The build thread for this trailer is in my signature.

Attachments

Reactions: jeepers29 and PCO6