Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
P3210036.jpg I've been perfecting our trailer since 09'. The tarp is custom made. I rounded off all the corners of the top sides and it is a completely water, and dust tight fit. We've been in torrential down pours and sandstorms of the southwest and nothing gets in. Up in the nose our Yeti 75 sits between the 10.5 gallon water tanks that are plumbed together into the pump, then a water line to the back deck kitchen.
The tail gate slides up and out and hinges on either side of the trailer for a side table. The homemade drawer sliders store cookware, eating utensils, etc etc. The center compartment is used for stowage, and it packs in real nice and tight. I'm using a lunette ring for my pintle hook, as I have never trusted regular ball hitches. There are some top shelf ball hitch type hook ups out there, but dollar for dollar, (about $100 including the welding) that 5 ton pintle hook will never wear out. Currenty we are running 255/85/16 KM2s. This winter I plan on geting a pair of 285 ATs to match the tow rig.. Eventually I plan on doing a walk around vid and going over everything in detail. One thing for sure, My trailer and all the included goodies cost about 1/4th the amount of the least expensive store bought trailers. P3210034 (1).jpg IMG_2689.jpg IMG_2692.jpg DSC00044.jpg

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Ive purchased a sankey trailer not sure if that is a name members will recognise , that is a ex MOD army ( nato ) trailer similar to many on here. Its had the standed tub the previous owner removed and replaced it with a landrover 110 back ill take some photos s and post them , my plans are to turn it into a moblie coffee trailer and overland rig
Work has held up progress but big ideas and even more since i found this site Bnt

East Coast Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Burton, New Brunswick
Member #

This is my home made utility trailer, turned overland adventure trailer, conversion. This has since this picture was taken received a completely new pressure treated wood bed, and a Max Coupler hitch. While the ball hitch made it through way more difficult terrain than I ever anticipated, the Max Coupler has much less of a cringe factor and is a definite and worth while upgrade. The main reason for me to run a trailer is clearance and tight terrain on the East Coast. Too often trails have fallen trees leaning across the trails and rigs can just about squeeze underneath them as though it was measured to be that way by the tree and anything beyond would call for a halt and some chain saw action. I love roof racks though, but I will have to be selective about when I can and can't place my RTT on the roof and when the trailer is required.