Overland Hound

• HTML tutorial

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

Our two mutts (Molly the deaf BC-Husky mix, and Ichabod Crane the Catahoula) have been everywhere with us over the past number of years. We took them on a 6000+ KM trip to Colorado and back, where they were able to play around on the summit of Engineer Pass, see Mt. Rushmore and The Devils Tower among other places. We've taken them to the Oregon Coast a few times (their favorite place on earth), and last July we took them on a 3-week 8500+KM journey to the Arctic Ocean and back. (I kept telling them they were probably among the first deaf dog and Cataoula's to swim in the Arctic at Tuk.)

I couldn't imagine going on the adventure without them.

Last edited:

Cody_Gorsuch

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Altoona, PA, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Gorsuch
Member #

Our two mutts (Molly the deaf BC-Husky mix, and Ichabod Crane the Catahoula) have been everywhere with us over the past number of years. We took them on a 6000+ KM trip to Colorado and back, where they were able to play around on the summit of Engineer Pass, see Mt. Rushmore and The Devils Tower among other places. We've taken them to the Oregon Coast a few times (their favorite place on earth), and last July we took them on a 3-week 8500+KM journey to the Arctic Ocean and back. (I kept telling them they were probably among the first deaf dogs and Cataoula's to swim in the Arctic at Tuk.

I couldn't imagine going on the adventure without them.
That’s awesome! This is the kind of stuff I was hoping to get out of this post!!

Reactions: Ironhide

RockU

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Resized_20190123_215316.jpeg These are my two rats.
Oliver to the left, is a 4yo rescue, prob pit lab mix. He is a couch potato, he doesnt like to get dirty or wet, and he is never in a hurry to get anywhere. He is super chill and loves going for a ride.

Finesse to the right, is a 10mo old American showline German shepherd. I was super excited to have a high energy dog that was going to go with me everywhere. Turns out she gets super car sick, makes it about 30 min on the highway before she pukes her guts out. Still love her, but she wont be overlanding anytime soon...

Cody_Gorsuch

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Altoona, PA, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Gorsuch
Member #

View attachment 85554 These are my two rats.
Oliver to the left, is a 4yo rescue, prob pit lab mix. He is a couch potato, he doesnt like to get dirty or wet, and he is never in a hurry to get anywhere. He is super chill and loves going for a ride.

Finesse to the right, is a 10mo old American showline German shepherd. I was super excited to have a high energy dog that was going to go with me everywhere. Turns out she gets super car sick, makes it about 30 min on the highway before she pukes her guts out. Still love her, but she wont be overlanding anytime soon...
My pitbull used to throw up every single time she would ride somewhere with the wife but has never once thrown up with me and i take her everywhere. Hmmmm...

RockU

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

My pitbull used to throw up every single time she would ride somewhere with the wife but has never once thrown up with me and i take her everywhere. Hmmmm...
Could you take my girl for a ride? Lol

Me or my wife driving, my truck or her car. It doesnt matter. She will always throw up 30 min into the ride. Was hoping it would get better, but it doesnt look like it's going to get better any time soon

Cody_Gorsuch

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Altoona, PA, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Gorsuch
Member #

Could you take my girl for a ride? Lol

Me or my wife driving, my truck or her car. It doesnt matter. She will always throw up 30 min into the ride. Was hoping it would get better, but it doesnt look like it's going to get better any time soon
Have you looked into that medicine they make for car sickness? I’m not into giving my dogs stuff they don’t need but if you’d like her to go on trips it may help.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

This is Ellie. She's year and a half old or so. She was supposed to be a border collie lab mix but there's something else mixed in there to give her those crazy ears. We picked her up at a shelter in Oroville, CA. Her sister was adopted at the same time by another family. There were 3 sisters found on the streets with no mother.

The ad picture from the SPCA

She always goes with me on camping/overlanding/wheeling trips.

I almost froze her to death on my Henness Pass overland trip and had to stuff her in my sleeping bag. I've since bought a much larger and warmer bag (-35F Teton Sports Deer Hunter)

Those ears!

Sometimes she finds balls

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Heres my pup Clara, shes a pit shepherd mix and fully awesome. She has been a big part of me being able to overcome PTSD, and is also an awesome companion to my wife which is a relief to me as we spend a lot of time apart due to work.
She also doesnt seem to mind our Norwegian Forest Cat, Clementine.
IMG_4901.JPG IMG_4755.JPG IMG_5142.JPG

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Our Ruby girl! She likes snuggles, swimming, and laying down on the trail while we're hiking. Not sure what breed, everyone says pointer or heeler. Got her from the no-kill shelter at about a year old. Her foster family was able to give us a really cool story behind her. We're happy to be her forever home!View attachment 75914View attachment 75915View attachment 75916View attachment 75917
My opinion based on her coat color is that she is most likely a German short-hair pointer in the majority of her genes. The face looks mostly like that of a Queensland heeler, and not that of a Australian Blue heeler. The difference being that a Queensland does not have the brown coat splashes that the Blue has. Our family has had and has both breeds. A lot of them were rescue pups. Our current GSP, has a very similar coat pattern as your dog, but has a VERY VERY dark brown that looks like it's black except under direct light.upload_2019-2-13_5-35-27.jpegThis a picture of my now departed Blue heeler, he absolutely loved being a truck dog, and went on many camp trips and hikes. He was one of the smartest dogs I have ever had. He also was a rescue pup.

EDIT:

Here's my GSP kicking it at home

Attachments

Last edited: