Overland Expo West 2019 - Who is going and where are you coming from?

• HTML tutorial

Deserttramp

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Florence, AZ
First Name
jason
Last Name
angell
Member #

morning everyone,
according to weather service, flag is suppose to get about inch and half of rain this coming week and highs in the 60's and lows in the high 30's next weekend, with some wind. course this is a week out forecast.
first time going and don't know about the paid camping site.
coming up from southern Arizona Thursday afternoon,
guess ill be bring my burn barrel and some firewood for the evenings
you all have a save trip and see you there.
laters

Reactions: Docwilder

Zel

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

Beaver, Utah
Member #

I'll be leaving Utah on the 14th. I'll be driving my RV towing the Jeep. In process of moving back to North Carolina. It just so happens there is an Overland Expo along the route!

desertpir8

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7NVF
I'll be headed up there on Wednesday late morning from the Phoenix area. Planning on dispersed camping on wedesday night NW of expo site and then being in line for Expo Weekend pass check-in by Thursday 11am to hopefully get a good camping spot. If you guys see my rig, stop and say hi! 20190218_101057.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mojavewanderer

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Coming from Austin, planning on leaving the morning of the 15th, it's about 1000 miles for me. Will be driving my new ZR2 Bison, with an Xventure XV-2 in tow.

Here's a picture of my prior gas ZR2 and the trailer, the Bison is the same color. Can find me by the license plates on the truck and trailer:

Nice setup!

desertpir8

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7NVF
I’m driving down from south eastern BC. Leaving on the 13th. First time I’ve been to the expo, does camping fill up early?

Here’s some photos of my truck, come introduce yourself if you see me there

View attachment 97846
View attachment 97849
On-site camping is sold out at this point. There does appear to be dispersed camping within a half mile to a mile from the expo.

TacoInACrowd

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

BC Canada
Member #

On-site camping is sold out at this point. There does appear to be dispersed camping within a half mile to a mile from the expo.
I believe I get onsite camping with the Overland experience ticket. I was more wondering if people arrive early to get good spots.

desertpir8

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7NVF
I believe I get onsite camping with the Overland experience ticket. I was more wondering if people arrive early to get good spots.
Ahh, yes, camping is included with your ticket. But, you will want to get there early to have your choice of spots and be closer to the expo area (unless you want to be further out in the boonies). I'm planning on arriving at checkin at around 11am on Thursday to try to get a nice camp spot. From what I heard camping will be a bit tight, so you'll get to know your camp neighbors. Should be a good time!

Reactions: Nickzero

TacoInACrowd

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

BC Canada
Member #

Ahh, yes, camping is included with your ticket. But, you will want to get there early to have your choice of spots and be closer to the expo area. I'm planning on arriving at checkin at around 11am on Thursday to try to get a nice camp spot.
Alright, good to know. Thanks. I’ll have to try and arrive early.

Sonarman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North SF bay area
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Arietta
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KMA6AIU
Service Branch
US Submarine Force
Leaving tomorrow from Bay Area going to camp on East Side of Sierras E198C0D4-5B5E-4ACD-B22D-A5D51AD0A06B.jpegand be in Flagstaff on Wednesday.

Reactions: desertpir8

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Huelsman
Heading out from Denver wed morning, staying the night somewhere in southeast UT (valley of the gods maybe?) then heading down to Flagstaff Thursday am. Wife is staying behind, so it’ll be me and the dog in my truck (she’s afraid I’ll go wheeling in Moab without her if I take her wk2 trailhawk) on our maiden voyage with the new camper and first expo. IMG_0734.jpg

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

We are in Flagstaff tonight. --- We will be camping off Naval Observatory Rd primative camping area tonight. There are many open primitive camping spots to park your RV or Rig. We stayed in that forrest last night and it was quiet and relaxing. These are Free camping locations so respect the land and tread lightly. (Ioverlander screenshot linked for exact location) - nikko and Lee on YouTube. Screenshot_20190512-121749.jpeg

Reactions: Razrrila99

Brisley62

Rank IV
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

1431 Pine Street, Napa, CA, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Risley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BOU
Heading out tomorrow morning from Napa, CA. We’ll be traveling hwy 395 south to Lone Pine 1st day, then thru Death Valley landing in Bullhead City day 2, then thru Oatmen, Kingman and on to Flagstaff.

Reactions: WrightRunner

Sonarman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North SF bay area
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Arietta
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KMA6AIU
Service Branch
US Submarine Force
I am making camp tonight just east of Kingman. Hualapai mountain park. Head towards Flagstaff tomorrow .

Reactions: Nickzero

Deserttramp

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Florence, AZ
First Name
jason
Last Name
angell
Member #

lunch at work, loading the truck tonight, and heading up from chandler Thursday afternoon
half day for work .

desertpir8

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7NVF
Made it up here. Found a fantastic dispersed campsite about a mile or two west of the venue for tonight. 10+ camp spots. About 20 min all unpaved backroad drive to the venue from this spot. It is quiet, no-one else is here. 4G service is enough to set up my wifi hotspot. Not sure if its National Forest or State Trust, but I have permit for Trust, so am good for the night.
60666008_10213390866822863_8326368044070731776_o.jpg

GPS coordinates if anyone else needs a spot tonight: 35.137550, -111.731730

Monitoring 146.460 MHz on site.

60574641_10213390830021943_4446181313396867072_n.jpg

Last edited: