Overland Expo West 2019 - Who is going and where are you coming from?

• HTML tutorial

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
I'll be there for Saturday only, but will get into Flag on Thursday after I finish a trauma class in Snowflake. Looking forward to relaxing and scoping out some cool rigs and gear!

RootedWanderers

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pelham, Alabama 35124
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

North GA Here. Buddy and Me are leaving North GA on the 14th. We're looking to convoy with a group. Let us know if this my coincide with your plans. Thanks and safe travels.

Fidel
A friend and I are leaving the 11th to head to Pikes Peak, Ouray, and Grand Canyon before OEW, taking back roads the whole way. We will have to catch up once you get there. I have a blue 4dr JKU and my buddy has a black bedlined 80 series.

Reactions: Jeepinit

RangerBill

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Oakland, CA
Member #

Sacrilegious, I know...but I'm thinking of a quick fly-by on Saturday just to check out the scene, explore the vendors, and get a feel for the event for a more extensive trip next year. Fly in Friday, hang out Saturday, fly home Sunday. I know I'll miss all the extracurricular stuff, but it's all the time my calendar will allow. Is there anything that I absolutely shouldn't miss while I'm there? Thanks.

Docwilder

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

South Korea
First Name
Joby
Last Name
Denny
Member #

Service Branch
Army
There will be a couple of us coming from San Antonio and El Paso.
I finally got my volunteer schedule and I have to be there by noon on the 15th. I'm off the whole week so can leave whenever.

DallasTRDPro

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Dallas
Sacrilegious, I know...but I'm thinking of a quick fly-by on Saturday just to check out the scene, explore the vendors, and get a feel for the event for a more extensive trip next year. Fly in Friday, hang out Saturday, fly home Sunday. I know I'll miss all the extracurricular stuff, but it's all the time my calendar will allow. Is there anything that I absolutely shouldn't miss while I'm there? Thanks.
Report back what you find. I was going to make a long trip of it, but I wanted to camp on the grounds, but didn't register in time so I'm going to try for next year. However if just doing a day is worth it then I might just do that next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: RangerBill

TerraCrawler

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sweetwater, TN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Feeny
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK5NL
Leaving today (Thursday 5/9/19) from East Tennessee. Will be taking I-40 and/or Route 66. XVenture XV-3 in tow.

fullsizeoutput_1d4e.jpeg

CopperstateJake

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mesa, AZ, USA
First Name
Jakeb
Last Name
Belnap
Member #

Haven't been able to find anything about where people will be camping(searched quite a few threads). I figure a lot of people will be camping onsite. Are there any people camping offsite?

I am driving up Saturday morning, camping Saturday and Sunday nights. Will be attending the Expo on Sunday. Just curious if I could meetup with anyone. I will have my regular camper(16ft toy hauler). If not, I'll just find a spot to set up camp on a forest road

Deserttramp

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Florence, AZ
First Name
jason
Last Name
angell
Member #

Coming from Austin, planning on leaving the morning of the 15th, it's about 1000 miles for me. Will be driving my new ZR2 Bison, with an Xventure XV-2 in tow.

Here's a picture of my prior gas ZR2 and the trailer, the Bison is the same color. Can find me by the license plates on the truck and trailer:

now that's a cool trailer, I will be looking for your rig