Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
im working on re-powering the 101... but i dont think im going to finish it... 109 it is...
Are you planning on going with an inline Chevrolet 6 cylinder or another V8. The inlines have such great, smooth torque and don't seem to overtax the cooling system or drivetrain.

Pancho Calvo

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Kendall Lake, Kendale Lakes, FL, USA
First Name
pancho
Last Name
calvo
Member #

Are you planning on going with an inline Chevrolet 6 cylinder or another V8. The inlines have such great, smooth torque and don't seem to overtax the cooling system or drivetrain.
V8 lc9 aluminum block from a silverado, 6 speed and lt230 tranfer case... the 6 cylinders are longer so i dont want to compromise shaft size and I'm so happy with the swap in my 109.

Dominic OB0158

US West Region Member Rep
Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

@hallry ....you are located in Northern California...you should be able to meet up with Michael.

Reactions: hallry

Dominic OB0158

US West Region Member Rep
Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

IMG_2482.JPG Hey OB Members of Southern California, pray all is well. Dominic Moschetti, OB #0158

Overland Expo West is only 27 days away. :) What is the word on the meet-up convey to the Expo?

Viewing Google Maps for Fort Tuthill County Park, Flagstaff AZ...we have 3 possible direct routes, all about the same driving time and mileage:

15 to 40 / 7hrs 435miles - I've have done this twice, no frills...get there fast.
10 to 17 /7hrs 451miles - I've have done this once, as a return trip
10 to 177, 62, 95 to 40 / 7hrs 441miles - I've have done this once, as a return trip...took a full day yet I explored and made many pit stops.

Our goal is to leave on the May 11, early am/before the sun rises. Its best to get there mid afternoon for camping sites. Anyway, just looking to get some more insight to what everyone else is thinking.

IMG_7105.JPG IMG_2491.JPG IMG_0391.JPG