Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Absolutely! Towing the Expo trailer so we will be part of the "tow" convoy! Wish we could leave today!! LOL
Amen to that!...
Is there a master list of the convey? I don't mind running with you guys. Top speed for me is only 65 MPH..:)

Dominic OB0158

US West Region Member Rep
Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

View attachment 13287 Central meetup planning for all SoCal folks and travelers, who are heading to Overland Expo West 2017!! Let's CONVOY!!

May 11, 2017

Los Angeles County, Orange County, San Diego County, Imperial County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, Ventura County...and beyond!! All OB travelers are welcome to join!

3/27/2017: Alright everyone...the dates are fast-approaching!
Let's get the details hammered out.

Leaving May 11, 2017, early am.
Convoy from the RANCHO CUCAMONGA [zip 91739] 210 fwy/15 fwy:
It's a 6.5 hour drive minimum. Bring good tunes and caffeine!!!
We will have rest stops identified and will rally up the groups each time.
Plan on bringing your meals to cover the trip to Flagstaff as the rest stops will be brief enough for relief and a bit of stretching.
We will be on a strict schedule so we don't take all day getting there.
This will be a non-sight seeing convoy.
Drivers from all areas are welcome to join us!
We have people coming up from San Diego and down from Central/Northern CA for this convoy.
The times posted are READY TO ROLL times, not still getting ready/fueling up times.
Depending upon the number of vehicles, we will have separate groups with slightly separate start times.
**All rigs are required to have at minimum HAM radio, 2-way radios.
The idea of the convoy to Flagstaff, is to get there in once piece. By having a convoy, we are all looking out for each other and are able to assist with fixes should they be needed. Also freeway chatter is a good time to get to know everyone.
If you have a slower, heavier rig or trailer, you will be grouped together to allow for safety on the road.

The days following the Expo are for adventure travel!

More details to come.
Will be updated here.

Convoy Drivers:
1. @mtnhabitoverland 2016 Tacoma
2. @ilaoAdventures +3
3. KH
4. @Tuskin_raider
5. Rhett
6. Dominic Moschetti OB #0158
7. Mizeal Payan OB #3643

TRAILER GROUP:
1. @dstock

Dominic OB0158

Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

View attachment 13287 Central meetup planning for all SoCal folks and travelers, who are heading to Overland Expo West 2017!! Let's CONVOY!!

May 11, 2017

Los Angeles County, Orange County, San Diego County, Imperial County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, Ventura County...and beyond!! All OB travelers are welcome to join!

3/27/2017: Alright everyone...the dates are fast-approaching!
Let's get the details hammered out.

Leaving May 11, 2017, early am.
Convoy from the RANCHO CUCAMONGA [zip 91739] 210 fwy/15 fwy:
It's a 6.5 hour drive minimum. Bring good tunes and caffeine!!!
We will have rest stops identified and will rally up the groups each time.
Plan on bringing your meals to cover the trip to Flagstaff as the rest stops will be brief enough for relief and a bit of stretching.
We will be on a strict schedule so we don't take all day getting there.
This will be a non-sight seeing convoy.
Drivers from all areas are welcome to join us!
We have people coming up from San Diego and down from Central/Northern CA for this convoy.
The times posted are READY TO ROLL times, not still getting ready/fueling up times.
Depending upon the number of vehicles, we will have separate groups with slightly separate start times.
**All rigs are required to have at minimum HAM radio, 2-way radios.
The idea of the convoy to Flagstaff, is to get there in once piece. By having a convoy, we are all looking out for each other and are able to assist with fixes should they be needed. Also freeway chatter is a good time to get to know everyone.
If you have a slower, heavier rig or trailer, you will be grouped together to allow for safety on the road.

The days following the Expo are for adventure travel!

More details to come.
Will be updated here.

Convoy Drivers:
1. @mtnhabitoverland 2016 Tacoma
2. @ilaoAdventures +3
3. KH
4. @Tuskin_raider
5. Rhett

TRAILER GROUP:
1. @dstock
Count me in for the convoy! I just need a heads up as too approximate time to meet as I have a 3-4 hour drive to get down from the Central Coast "San Luis Obispo" area
Count me in for the convoy! I just need a heads up as too approximate time to meet as I have a 3-4 hour drive to get down from the Central Coast "San Luis Obispo" area
@Tom DeVor a good place to meet up with you would be in Barstow somewhere near the 15 and 40...if they decide to take the northern route.

mtnhabitoverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

san dimas, ca
Member #

******************Planning and Logistics meeting just completed!!!***************
I need a RIG COUNT PLEASE! If your OB handle isn't in the original post, you need to be on that list so we can account for everyone. So reply in this thread please and I'll count you in.
Reminder: HAM radio is a must to be part of this epic convoy!!

Disclaimer: As difficult as it may be, I do need to state...please do not expect anyone to hold back if a rig has serious mechanical issues. We are all here to look out for each other's safety but please understand, we do have a schedule to stick to and there are no legal commitments for this convoy.

Now on to the fun stuff!

San Diego Team (Full-pending)
Los Angeles/Inland Empire Team
Central/Northern CA Team

We will be taking the Southern route (10 to 17)
Rendezvous in Ontario (10 Fwy/15 fwy) zip = 91764, at 12:30 AM on Thursday, May 11
READY TO ROLL 00:50 AM
EN ROUTE 1:00 AM
-------->>>>Our route will be a straight shot out to Phoenix to rendezvous with the San Diego Team, then to Flagstaff via Sedona area. Mostly pavement with some dirt and amazing scenery! Not how we usually roll, but we just want everyone to get there with no trail mishaps before the expo.

Check in with what team you're closest to so we can start to get the teams in communication. Be prepared to provide your contact info later in a PM.

Preliminary head count will be complete by April 29th.

If other groups wish to head further north, the 40 may be your route of choice. It will be very dark, please drink loads of coffee and be safe!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!!

Last edited:

Pancho Calvo

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Kendall Lake, Kendale Lakes, FL, USA
First Name
pancho
Last Name
calvo
Member #

******************Planning and Logistics meeting just completed!!!***************
I need a RIG COUNT PLEASE! If your OB handle isn't in the original post, you need to be on that list so we can account for everyone. So reply in this thread please and I'll count you in.

Disclaimer: As difficult as it may be, I do need to state...please do not expect anyone to hold back if a rig has serious mechanical issues. We are all here to look out for each other's safety but please understand, we do have a schedule to stick to and there are no legal commitments for this convoy.

Now on to the fun stuff!

Central/Northern CA Team

Rendezvous in Ontario (10 Fwy/15 fwy) zip = 91764, at 12:30 AM on Thursday, May 11
READY TO ROLL 12:50 AM
-------->>>>Our route will be a straight shot out to Phoenix to rendezvous with the San Diego Team, then to Flagstaff via Sedona area. Mostly pavement with some dirt and amazing scenery! Not how we usually roll, but we just want everyone to get there with no trail mishaps before the expo.

Check in with what team you're closest to so we can start to get the teams in communication. Be prepared to provide your contact info later in a PM.

If other groups wish to head further north, the 40 may be your route of choice. It will be very dark, please drink loads of coffee and be safe!!!

I'm in 100%, but no HAm for now :(
I can meet you guys in Ontario.
No sure yet what rig I'll be taking. if I'm going with the land rover series, no problem with top speed (ls engine) but if I'm going with land rover 101 and the camper , probably i will go with the trailer group, keep you posted.

Reactions: mtnhabitoverland

Dominic OB0158

Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Now on to the fun stuff!

Central/Northern CA Team

READY TO ROLL 12:50 AM

Hello, not sure where to update the list...yet here is info for the head count: Inland Empire Team
6. Dominic Moschetti OB #0158
7. Mizeal Payan OB #3643

Dominic

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
I'm in 100%, but no HAm for now :(
I can meet you guys in Ontario.
No sure yet what rig I'll be taking. if I'm going with the land rover series, no problem with top speed (ls engine) but if I'm going with land rover 101 and the camper , probably i will go with the trailer group, keep you posted.
No HAM license here either..yet, certainly not in time for this trip. I can however monitor HAM frequencies, and have both GMRS and CB to share what's being said with other non-ham'ers.

Reactions: mtnhabitoverland

Dominic OB0158

Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

I guess you're going to have to count us out also we don't have ham radios....
Dominic Moschetti OB #0158
7. Mizeal Payan OB #3643

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
After some discussion, we have decided to leave a bit later at 5am, so count us out also. Will catch up with you guys out there.

mtnhabitoverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

san dimas, ca
Member #

I guess you're going to have to count us out also we don't have ham radios....
Dominic Moschetti OB #0158
7. Mizeal Payan OB #3643

@Pancho Calvo too...

Hey guys, you can pick up a VERY INEXPENSIVE handheld HAM radio for about $30 on Amazon. It's great because most groups out on the trails use HAM for group comms. It's nice to know what's ahead, what to avoid and great for general chatting en route.

Let me know if you would like some links to purchase!

Cheers!
Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Dominic OB0158

Dominic OB0158

Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

I thought you need a ham radio license to use?