Overland Expo West 2017 (OEX W) SoCal CONVOY and post trip shenanigans

• HTML tutorial

mtnhabitoverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

san dimas, ca
Member #

FullSizeRender.jpg Central meetup planning for all SoCal folks and travelers, who are heading to Overland Expo West 2017!! Let's CONVOY!!
Leaving Thursday May 11, 2017

Los Angeles County, Orange County, San Diego County, Imperial County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, Ventura County...and beyond!! All OB travelers are welcome to join!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: 4/14/2017
******************Planning and Logistics meeting just completed!!!***************

I need a RIG COUNT PLEASE! If your OB handle isn't in the original post, you need to be on that list so we can account for everyone. So reply in this thread please and I'll count you in.
Reminder: HAM radio is a must to be part of this epic convoy!!

Disclaimer: As difficult as it may be, I do need to state...please do not expect anyone to hold back if a rig has serious mechanical issues. We are all here to look out for each other's safety but please understand, we do have a schedule to stick to and there are no legal commitments for this convoy.

Now on to the fun stuff!

San Diego Team (Full-pending) ------> Team Leader: Tony I.
Los Angeles/Inland Empire Team ---->Team Leader: Nicole M.
Central/Northern CA Team -----------> Team Leader: TBD

We will be taking the Southern route (10 to 17)
Rendezvous in Ontario (10 Fwy/15 fwy) zip = 91764, at 12:30 AM on Thursday, May 11
READY TO ROLL 12:50 AM
EN ROUTE 1:00 AM
-------->>>>Our route will be a straight shot out to Phoenix to rendezvous with the San Diego Team, then to Flagstaff via Sedona area. Mostly pavement with some dirt and amazing scenery! Not how we usually roll, but we just want everyone to get there with no trail mishaps before the expo.

Check in with what team you're closest to so we can start to get the teams in communication. Be prepared to provide your contact info/license plate number later in a PM. This will be made public via spreadsheet to ALL DRIVERS IN ATTENDANCE IN THE CONVOY AT THE TIME OF MEETUP.

Preliminary head count will be complete by April 29th.
Final confirmation count will be April 9, 2017.

If other groups wish to head further north, the 40 may be your route of choice. It will be very dark, please drink loads of coffee and be safe!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!!

SAN DIEGO TEAM: (Full)
1. C.Hoffman with TI. (4R)
2. @ilaoAdventures +3 (4R)
3. Kevin H. (2016 Tacoma)
4. @Tuskin_raider (2016 Tacoma)
5. @Socal Hillbilly
6. @CollinsDad8

LOS ANGELES/INLAND EMPIRE TEAM:
1. @mtnhabitoverland (2016 Tacoma)
2. @jcadventure[/
3. Cancelled
4. [USER=2840]@Pancho Calvo

5. Cancelled
6. Cancelled
7. @mase001 (check your messages pls)
8. @Matt92101 - Comms, Murrietta
Open...

CENTRAL/NORCAL TEAM:
Open...

TRAILER GROUP (Info only):
1. @Pancho Calvo
-----–--------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: 3/27/17
Leaving May 11, 2017, early am.
It's a 6.5 hour drive minimum. Bring good tunes and caffeine!!!
We will have rest stops identified and will rally up the groups each time.
Plan on bringing your meals to cover the trip to Flagstaff as the rest stops will be brief enough for relief and a bit of stretching.
We will be on a strict schedule so we don't take all day getting there.
This will be a non-sight seeing convoy.
Drivers from all areas are welcome to join us!
Depending upon the number of vehicles, we will have separate groups with slightly separate start times.
**All rigs are required to have at minimum HAM radio, 2-way radios.
The idea of the convoy to Flagstaff, is to get there in once piece. By having a convoy, we are all looking out for each other and are able to assist with fixes should they be needed. Also freeway chatter is a good time to get to know everyone.
If you have a slower, heavier rig or trailer, you will be grouped together to allow for safety on the road.

The days following the Expo are for adventure travel!

More details to come.
Will be updated here.[/USER]

Last edited:

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Sadly I can't make it this year. Between the Mojave road trip and other trips I don't have the vacation time...

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Ha.. It seemed like everyone had a great time. You should see what kinda party I can throw when booze gets involved! Who knows maybe by some miracle I'll make it. Ask Raul about the strawberry moonshine he brought to last year's ovx! That stuff was nuts.

Reactions: Raul B

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Ha.. It seemed like everyone had a great time. You should see what kinda party I can throw when booze gets involved! Who knows maybe by some miracle I'll make it. Ask Raul about the strawberry moonshine he brought to last year's ovx! That stuff was nuts.

I may attempt to make some apple pie moonshine this year.... Sadly I can no longer consume alcohol but will bring some for people to try out.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

mtnhabitoverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

san dimas, ca
Member #

Strawberry MS?! Flagstaff is gonna burn!!!!

Reactions: Raul B

RSO_Tyler

Rank 0

Contributor II

I'm in! But are we gonna offroad at all or just highway it? I was looking at doing this but hopefully hitting trails and overnighting somewhere in Arizona.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: mtnhabitoverland

RSO_Tyler

Rank 0

Contributor II

I've seen people sayin that on other thread coming from other places, apparently they've had mishaps on the trails and missed the expo lol

Sounds good :) let me know where we're meeting. I'll probably have camp set up in someone's booth

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk