Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

It was so great meeting everyone at OEE this year. It will be tough to top it next year, but I think we could give it a shot. I'll keep in contact with OEE and see if we can get that same spot next year if that worked for everyone. Hope to see ya'll out there soon...

Reactions: Kent R

jmoreno9966

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Clermont, FL, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Moreno
Member #

definitely a great first time at the expo and great meeting alot of the memebers ! will be back for sure next year. took me 13 hour drive from Florida

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I think it was a great event. There was a very good turnout on Saturday. I didn't get to walk around the camping areas but will check out the video by @ohiovalleyoverland. We did the long drive from Denver and back. Made it to Denver yesterday afternoon and then flew home.

I missed Expo West this year so it was nice to attend East for the first time. It was great to talk to lots of folks in the Off Grid Trailers booth. Lots of positive feedback. Folks will see more on the east coast soon! The new 23 Zero light blocking tents are a game changer too. Lots of good stuff. I was limited in my travels though since I was busy working a booth. I wish I could have stayed and traveled around the area more. The venue was pretty nice and we got lucky with the weather. If it had rained it would have been a mudfest again. A few more food vendors, especially some healthy options, would have been nice. Overall I would say year one at the venue went pretty well.

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

I think it was a great event. There was a very good turnout on Saturday. I didn't get to walk around the camping areas but will check out the video by @ohiovalleyoverland. We did the long drive from Denver and back. Made it to Denver yesterday afternoon and then flew home.

I missed Expo West this year so it was nice to attend East for the first time. It was great to talk to lots of folks in the Off Grid Trailers booth. Lots of positive feedback. Folks will see more on the east coast soon! The new 23 Zero light blocking tents are a game changer too. Lots of good stuff. I was limited in my travels though since I was busy working a booth. I wish I could have stayed and traveled around the area more. The venue was pretty nice and we got lucky with the weather. If it had rained it would have been a mudfest again. A few more food vendors, especially some healthy options, would have been nice. Overall I would say year one at the venue went pretty well.
I agree with the food, but for the area we were lucky to get what we had...the region is not known for it's food truck culture. The food was also super expensive, it reminded me of expense account pricing. Not letting the beer out of one area cost them a lot of money. I'm not sure what the local laws are but I know I would have drank a bunch of beers if I could have been allowed to walk around with one.

ODOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Madison Heights, VA, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I agree with the food, but for the area we were lucky to get what we had...the region is not known for it's food truck culture. The food was also super expensive, it reminded me of expense account pricing. Not letting the beer out of one area cost them a lot of money. I'm not sure what the local laws are but I know I would have drank a bunch of beers if I could have been allowed to walk around with one.
Its crazy to me there wasn't more food trucks. There are lots of really good ones in Lynchburg and Charlottesville. They cater to the craft brew trail which is very very close so not sure why more wasn't available. What I had was pricey and not good at all..

Reactions: Kent R and 1Louder

jasonbhaller

Rank III

Advocate I

Baltimore, MD, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Haller
I walked around with a few?? They let me in the area with my young son. Bought a beer and walked right out. No one seemed to care.

jeepinjeepin

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Wallburg, NC, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Webb
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
NC4WD, WRTJ904
I was able to travel up with a neighbor. We stayed in a hotel about 30 minutes off site. Next year we hope to stay on site. We probably won't have a cool trailer or RTT, but I can get mighty comfy in my hammock. Really looking forward to camp cooking instead of the food truck lines and beers around the campfire instead of $$$ drinks and food in town..

kkj072146

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Member #

@jeepinjeepin, we hung hammocks in portable Tensa hammock stands and slept beautifully. The OB folks had a mix of RTT, ground tents and us in our hammocks.

Gstrange

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bowling Green, KY, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Strange
Member #

My family and I had a great time at Expo East, and enjoyed meeting others from the Overland Bound tent. Next year, I'd like to stay with the OB group area if possible. How and who do I need to speak to to make this happen?

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

My family and I had a great time at Expo East, and enjoyed meeting others from the Overland Bound tent. Next year, I'd like to stay with the OB group area if possible. How and who do I need to speak to to make this happen?
I'm already on it....

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Huge thanks to Jason at @Ohio Valley Overland for organizing the Overland Bound group camping area. Since there are now restraints on meet & greets at vender booths, I hope we can do this again next year.

Reactions: chasmdog

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Thanks Influencer II! We would also like to keep informed on any local campouts, etc... We are located in southern KY and don't mind traveling!
I have one coming up in a few weeks...

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
We did trek from Orlando, Florida. Had a blast meeting a bunch of you guys and talking to Michael in person. Expo East 19 was awesome the neighbors were pretty cool and we even got to go wheeling with a couple other guys who were heading to Miami in Uwharrie on the way back! The show itself was great, there was a lot of info if you attended the seminars and even stuff your wife or girl could do and learn from. 7P did a bad ass job on the driving courses and the trainings!
IMG_8862.JPGIMG_7058.JPGIMG_8803.JPGIMG_8756.JPGIMG_8761.JPGIMG_8870.JPGIMG_8818.JPG