Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

OEE has communicated with me that they will rope off 25 spots for us( i'm hoping to do it myself)...I'm arriving on Tuesday evening to work as a volunteer for set up Wednesday and Thursday and will find the best spot I can for us...I will most likely be communicating the camp site on Facebook Overland Bound Midwest, Southeast, and East pages so look there for details...if you need to communicate directly with me please shot me a text at 502-724-6435...be sure to include your name and that you are with OB....I'll be at Shelby's Way offroading event starting this Friday and will have spotty communication from then until we reach Arrington so if I don't get back to you right away please understand....Thanks, and see you there!

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

We need a head count ASAP....I'm in an email chain with OEE now...if we want to camp together they need a head count...I'm working on getting us all in one spot, if not we will be marshaled in and be told where to camp...if you are going and want to be together I need to know....I think I can sweet talk them into roping off an area...it would be great to have a true base camp for OB this year....

UPDATE: I have corresponded with OEE and they have said if we can get a good idea of number they WILL ROPE OFF AN AREA FOR US!!!! I'll make sure it's a great spot....
I'll be there Thursday afternoon. Would love to join OB group.

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
I'll be attending from Friday to Saturday (bailing out Sunday AM). I'm joining some Toyota R&D engineers and staff in a 'field trip' of sorts, driving down some vehicles from Michigan, so I will have separate accommodations, but I really look forward to meeting as many of you as possible. I'll spend some time at the OB Booth and the rest of the time either walking around or hanging out at our camp spot.

We're bringing over some pretty cool Toyota's and some surprises as well, stop by and say hi in the camping area if you see it.
If you drive a Toyota (or have an opinion about them!), I'd love to hear your thoughts about how you use or plan to use your rig and some of the mods you think are important.
I'll have some stickers for those that stop by early!

Looking forward to see how Overlanding is done East Coast style!

Halfbreed_Ovrlandr

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Evans, GA
Member #

Me and some friends are leaving from Augusta GA early Wednesday morning and staying in Uwharrie National Forrest for the day/night. On Thursday will will head out and drive to Expo East. We have Forrest Camping as well. I ended up buying 2 spots for forrest camping. My friend bought 1 spot as well. Thing is it was a mistake and we only need 2 spots.

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

I would like to. Is there a meet up location prior to rolling into the event?
Not as of yet but we are going to have 25 spots roped off...I'll talk with the marshals parking cars and let them know who we are and what we are doing...Just let them know your with Overland Bound and that you are camping with the group in the roped off area

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Me and some friends are leaving from Augusta GA early Wednesday morning and staying in Uwharrie National Forrest for the day/night. On Thursday will will head out and drive to Expo East. We have Forrest Camping as well. I ended up buying 2 spots for forrest camping. My friend bought 1 spot as well. Thing is it was a mistake and we only need 2 spots.
My goal is to get the OB spots close to the forest camping area so that OB people camped in the forest can feel included in all the hi jinx....

Reactions: Overlanderic

IN2DEEP

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Clermont, Florida, USA
First Name
Felix
Last Name
0lllllll0
Member #

Taking my rig on its maiden voyage to overland expo east. This will be our first trip, traveling from NJ to VA. Hopefully I can meet some cool OB members or even set up camp near others.
anyone else headed to overland expo east?
Will be headed down from Florida my brother. It will be my first time as well, see you there!

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I will be there in the Off Grid Trailers booth. Stop by and say hi. I will try my best to make the rounds but that is always hard when working a show.

Overlanderic

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

New Jersey, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Shenton
Member #

For those that are wanting to camp together, the absolute best way to try and guarantee this is to meet up near the venue, and drive to the venue together, with all vehicles lined up with each other. This is how it's worked in years past. However, I could very well be wrong with how they plan on trying to accomplish this now. Last year we all met up on Thursday, about 20 minutes from the venue, and all 30'ish vehicles got in line at the same time, which made it much easier. This year's venue is MUCH bigger though so it may not be much of an issue.
this seems like a solid plan aswell

Reactions: sabjku