Overland expo east

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Ohio Valley Overland

US MidWest Region Member Rep

Navigator I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Man what an awesome event! Thank you to everyone that stopped and said hey, the stories of how my videos help to inspire others to get out and explore are the motivation for me to make more!

This year I wanted to do something a bit different. Rather than showcasing all the gadgets and gizmos of overlanding I wanted to showcase the people that come from all around the world to attend the event. Here are some of those folks, their stories and their rigs. This is only a fraction of the cool people, stories and rigs found at the event.

Rad video! even spotted Ol' Flora Jean in the background....

Ohio Valley Overland

Navigator I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

It was so great meeting everyone at OEE this year. It will be tough to top it next year, but I think we could give it a shot. I'll keep in contact with OEE and see if we can get that same spot next year if that worked for everyone. Hope to see ya'll out there soon...

Reactions: Kent R

jmoreno9966

Rank I

Contributor I

Clermont, FL, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Moreno
Member #

definitely a great first time at the expo and great meeting alot of the memebers ! will be back for sure next year. took me 13 hour drive from Florida

1Louder

Rank VI

Influencer II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham Callsign
K1LDR
I think it was a great event. There was a very good turnout on Saturday. I didn't get to walk around the camping areas but will check out the video by @ohiovalleyoverland. We did the long drive from Denver and back. Made it to Denver yesterday afternoon and then flew home.

I missed Expo West this year so it was nice to attend East for the first time. It was great to talk to lots of folks in the Off Grid Trailers booth. Lots of positive feedback. Folks will see more on the east coast soon! The new 23 Zero light blocking tents are a game changer too. Lots of good stuff. I was limited in my travels though since I was busy working a booth. I wish I could have stayed and traveled around the area more. The venue was pretty nice and we got lucky with the weather. If it had rained it would have been a mudfest again. A few more food vendors, especially some healthy options, would have been nice. Overall I would say year one at the venue went pretty well.

Ohio Valley Overland

Navigator I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

I think it was a great event. There was a very good turnout on Saturday. I didn't get to walk around the camping areas but will check out the video by @ohiovalleyoverland. We did the long drive from Denver and back. Made it to Denver yesterday afternoon and then flew home.

I missed Expo West this year so it was nice to attend East for the first time. It was great to talk to lots of folks in the Off Grid Trailers booth. Lots of positive feedback. Folks will see more on the east coast soon! The new 23 Zero light blocking tents are a game changer too. Lots of good stuff. I was limited in my travels though since I was busy working a booth. I wish I could have stayed and traveled around the area more. The venue was pretty nice and we got lucky with the weather. If it had rained it would have been a mudfest again. A few more food vendors, especially some healthy options, would have been nice. Overall I would say year one at the venue went pretty well.
I agree with the food, but for the area we were lucky to get what we had...the region is not known for it's food truck culture. The food was also super expensive, it reminded me of expense account pricing. Not letting the beer out of one area cost them a lot of money. I'm not sure what the local laws are but I know I would have drank a bunch of beers if I could have been allowed to walk around with one.

ODOverland

Rank III

Advocate II

Madison Heights, VA, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I agree with the food, but for the area we were lucky to get what we had...the region is not known for it's food truck culture. The food was also super expensive, it reminded me of expense account pricing. Not letting the beer out of one area cost them a lot of money. I'm not sure what the local laws are but I know I would have drank a bunch of beers if I could have been allowed to walk around with one.
Its crazy to me there wasn't more food trucks. There are lots of really good ones in Lynchburg and Charlottesville. They cater to the craft brew trail which is very very close so not sure why more wasn't available. What I had was pricey and not good at all..

Reactions: Kent R and 1Louder

jasonbhaller

Rank 0

Contributor I

Baltimore, MD, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Haller
I walked around with a few?? They let me in the area with my young son. Bought a beer and walked right out. No one seemed to care.

jeepinjeepin

Rank II

Member I

Wallburg, NC, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Webb
Member #

Ham Callsign
NC4WD
I was able to travel up with a neighbor. We stayed in a hotel about 30 minutes off site. Next year we hope to stay on site. We probably won't have a cool trailer or RTT, but I can get mighty comfy in my hammock. Really looking forward to camp cooking instead of the food truck lines and beers around the campfire instead of $$$ drinks and food in town..

Gstrange

Rank 0

Traveler I

Glasgow, KY
Member #

My family and I had a great time at Expo East, and enjoyed meeting others from the Overland Bound tent. Next year, I'd like to stay with the OB group area if possible. How and who do I need to speak to to make this happen?

RichieFromBoston

Rank VI

Influencer I

Nahant Ma.
Member #

Expo east was solid, expo west was far and away larger. I do have to say the Alu Cab crew rolling through the camping area drunk was not cool. messing with parked campers is only fun if everyone is drunk. yea. that happened.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Supporter

Influencer II

Placerville, CA
Member #

Ham Callsign
K6KNT
Huge thanks to Jason at @Ohio Valley Overland for organizing the Overland Bound group camping area. Since there are now restraints on meet & greets at vender booths, I hope we can do this again next year.

Reactions: chasmdog