Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Bruce
Member #

I will arrive on Thursday as close to noon as possible. Due to my limitations, I will be in the limited mobility area. I still want to connect with the other OB members as this is a first expo for me and first outing since May. Lost the whole summer to illness. At least we can connect at the Overland Bound tent.

kkj072146

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Member #

We are coming from NoVA (Centreville area) on Thursday morning. It would be great to camp with the OB group. We are trying out new hammock stands because we couldn’t get forest camping.
We would also be interested in meeting other NoVA/MD/WDC folks to caravan down.

jmoreno9966

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Clermont, FL, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Moreno
Member #

I will be leaving Thursday early morning around 12am-1 to get there around 12pm Thursday from Central Florida. see you guys soon !

aghadjip

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Clayton NC
Member #

Id love to hang this year, i read through the pages, whats the verdict? Its 3 ish hours from me, im bringing a buddy. is there going to be a ham channel or similar? I guess we could move after, but its such a large venue id like to at least camp near you fools

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
Not as of yet but we are going to have 25 spots roped off...I'll talk with the marshals parking cars and let them know who we are and what we are doing...Just let them know your with Overland Bound and that you are camping with the group in the roped off area
I will be arriving on Friday morning

Gstrange

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bowling Green, KY, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Strange
Member #

OEE has communicated with me that they will rope off 25 spots for us( i'm hoping to do it myself)...I'm arriving on Tuesday evening to work as a volunteer for set up Wednesday and Thursday and will find the best spot I can for us...I will most likely be communicating the camp site on Facebook Overland Bound Midwest, Southeast, and East pages so look there for details...if you need to communicate directly with me please shot me a text at 502-724-6435...be sure to include your name and that you are with OB....I'll be at Shelby's Way offroading event starting this Friday and will have spotty communication from then until we reach Arrington so if I don't get back to you right away please understand....Thanks, and see you there!
My family and I would like to join the group campsite, but we don't want to take up too much room. We have a Jeep Wrangler pulling a trailer. When the trailer is unfolded, it takes up space. Is it possible to be included into the group site?

Dennis K.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Toronto, ON, Canada
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
K.
Member #

Spent the whole day there on Saturday. It was great to meet Mike at their Overland bound booth and chat about rigs, tents and tembotusks[emoji4] it was definitely worth a 15 hr drive.

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Spent the whole day there on Saturday. It was great to meet Mike at their Overland bound booth and chat about rigs, tents and tembotusks[emoji4] it was definitely worth a 15 hr drive.
Took me 7 hours to get there and 8.5 hours to get home. Should have been closer to 6 but def. worth the trip. I had a blast there this year.

Reactions: Kent R

chasmdog

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Michigan
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Schmidt
Member #

13 hours to Overland Expo from Michigan and 13 back for me. Plus about $50 for the privilege of traveling on the PA Turnpike with its sky-high gas prices and 55 mph speed limits. Not to mention an additional $30+ for the Ohio TP. I'm definitely gonna take the back roads next year!

It was well worth it, though. I enjoyed the opportunity to meet Michael, Corrie, Kent, and the rest of the Overland Bound booth crew (and the Epic Family Road Trip family, as well). It was encouraging to see the enthusiasm the booth visitors displayed--whether members or those who were just interested in learning about our community. Lots of new members signed up over the three days and there's gonna be a whole lot of peeps rocking Overland Bound stickers, patches, Tees, beanies, hoodies and trucker hats in the days ahead. Be sure to say "Hey" when you see them.

Gstrange

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bowling Green, KY, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Strange
Member #

Yes, I totally agree with everyone that the expo was a great time! The great weather, food, and people made for great memories! Everyone at Overland Bound Booth, congrats on welcoming all to this lifestyle! Can't wait to get out on another trail!

Sir William Goes

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lexington, SC
Member #

Man what an awesome event! Thank you to everyone that stopped and said hey, the stories of how my videos help to inspire others to get out and explore are the motivation for me to make more!

This year I wanted to do something a bit different. Rather than showcasing all the gadgets and gizmos of overlanding I wanted to showcase the people that come from all around the world to attend the event. Here are some of those folks, their stories and their rigs. This is only a fraction of the cool people, stories and rigs found at the event.

chasmdog

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Michigan
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Schmidt
Member #

Man what an awesome event! Thank you to everyone that stopped and said hey, the stories of how my videos help to inspire others to get out and explore are the motivation for me to make more!

This year I wanted to do something a bit different. Rather than showcasing all the gadgets and gizmos of overlanding I wanted to showcase the people that come from all around the world to attend the event. Here are some of those folks, their stories and their rigs. This is only a fraction of the cool people, stories and rigs found at the event.

Thanks for sharing, Sir William. You captured a lot of interesting rigs that I managed to miss. I happened to be walking by when you were shooting your intro takes and was also camped where you taped the Lexus, FJ40 and Tacoma segments. It was great to see you in action. Please keep those inspiring and informative videos, coming, Sir.

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Rad video! even spotted Ol' Flora Jean in the background....