Launch Member

Contributor I

Clermont, FL, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Moreno
Member #

I'm new to overloading, Overland Bound, and Overland Expo. Would be nice to meet other members. I'm still waiting to hear from Overland Expo regarding whether I can camp in Forest Area with my little adventure trailer
.View attachment 119400
yea i sent them an email as well so still waiting to hear back from them. but i am in to have a meet up point and set up camp together.

Overlanderic

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

New Jersey, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Shenton
Member #

yea i sent them an email as well so still waiting to hear back from them. but i am in to have a meet up point and set up camp together.
From my googling, all the forest camp spots are sold out. looks like ill be setting up in the grass.
also, it seems if you want to camp with buddies you drive in together there are no reserves for spots.

jmoreno9966

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Clermont, FL, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Moreno
Member #

From my googling, all the forest camp spots are sold out. looks like ill be setting up in the grass.
also, it seems if you want to camp with buddies you drive in together there are no reserves for spots.
yea i just noticed that as well that its sold out. but we can figure something out and meet up before hand for sure.

Reactions: Overlanderic

RoamingEmily

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

New South Wales, Australia
First Name
Delete
Last Name
Meplz
Member #

Heading down Thursday morning, doing the Forest Camping at Expo. Good group of us from Northern VA heading down. We should all schedule a time to get together, have a beer, and shoot the sh*t!
I’m pretty sure I am headed down Thursday morning (from NoVA) as well! Yay, beers & outdoors!

Reactions: sabjku

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

You can't camp in the forest area unless you paid an additional $25 and they are sold out when I just look at the OEE site

still trying to see when people can arrive

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

We need a head count ASAP....I'm in an email chain with OEE now...if we want to camp together they need a head count...I'm working on getting us all in one spot, if not we will be marshaled in and be told where to camp...if you are going and want to be together I need to know....I think I can sweet talk them into roping off an area...it would be great to have a true base camp for OB this year....

UPDATE: I have corresponded with OEE and they have said if we can get a good idea of number they WILL ROPE OFF AN AREA FOR US!!!! I'll make sure it's a great spot....

Last edited:

RoamingEmily

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

New South Wales, Australia
First Name
Delete
Last Name
Meplz
Member #

We need a head count ASAP....I'm in an email chain with OEE now...if we want to camp together they need a head count...I'm working on getting us all in one spot, if not we will be marshaled in and be told where to camp...if you are going and want to be together I need to know....I think I can sweet talk them into roping off an area...it would be great to have a true base camp for OB this year....

UPDATE: I have corresponded with OEE and they have said if we can get a good idea of number they WILL ROPE OFF AN AREA FOR US!!!! I'll make sure it's a great spot....
Nice! I'm still really new to this so I'd be into joining up for a base camp plan. :)

Reactions: Overland Omnivore

chasmdog

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Michigan
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Schmidt
Member #

OEE says no problem regarding pulling my 4x5 trailer into the Forest Camping area. Not sure what the upper size limit is, though. I'll be sure to swing by the Overland Bound group area (if I can find it) to introduce myself once I get my forest camp set up on Thursday.

Reactions: jmoreno9966

Hands-on-Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Connecticut, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Schneider

You can throw my name in on the count for the camping area.

James Hacknauer

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Niskayuna, ny
Member #

Just so your post. I will be coming down from Albany. This is my third trip. I plan on heading out early Wednesday, spending the night along the way thinking George Washing National Forest.

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
I'll be there Thursday afternoon, heading up from Charlotte. I decided not to camp on the Expo site this year, I did find a nice spot about 30 minutes away though. Hope to meet some of you at the show.

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

OEE says no problem regarding pulling my 4x5 trailer into the Forest Camping area. Not sure what the upper size limit is, though. I'll be sure to swing by the Overland Bound group area (if I can find it) to introduce myself once I get my forest camp set up on Thursday.
Oh don't worry you'll be able to find us, I'll make sure of it....

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just wondering if any members might want to help out at the Overland Bound booth at Expo East.

I can offer a pass for the event and camping in exchange for six hours a day in the booth with a two hour break.

Ohio Valley Overland our Member Representative from the Midwest is going to coordinate group camping and hopefully a Meet & Greet at the camp site for Saturday evening.

If your interested in helping please email me at Kent@overlandbound.com

Thanks! We look forward to seeing everyone at Expo.

Last edited:

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

For those that are wanting to camp together, the absolute best way to try and guarantee this is to meet up near the venue, and drive to the venue together, with all vehicles lined up with each other. This is how it's worked in years past. However, I could very well be wrong with how they plan on trying to accomplish this now. Last year we all met up on Thursday, about 20 minutes from the venue, and all 30'ish vehicles got in line at the same time, which made it much easier. This year's venue is MUCH bigger though so it may not be much of an issue.

Reactions: Overlanderic

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Just noticed your UPDATE above....that's awesome if they're able to do that! Well done!