Launch Member

Member III

Louisville, KY
First Name
DJ
Last Name
McComas
Member #

Looks like we'll be attending. Probably staying in a hotel as the wife isn't big on camping, so maybe this trip will help bring her closer to the idea of it lol.

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Keylay

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cypress, Texas
Member #

Totally going to this!
Would be coming from Houston, Texas, so that's a definite haul, but i assume, worth it.
The only X Factor in my plan is if i'm invited to be on the Board of Directors for the company i'm on, as i believe the annual Board trip/vacation is during the same time.

jscusmcvet

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Carolina
First Name
John
Last Name
Caliri
Member #

Service Branch
USMC Veteran
The camping is not what you might expect. It is tight. I would recommend heading to the side of the event without the vendors and groups and you might have a bit more space to spread out. You'll have to walk to the classes and the vendors, but it is not that far.

Reactions: Urban gorilla

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

The camping is not what you might expect. It is tight. I would recommend heading to the side of the event without the vendors and groups and you might have a bit more space to spread out. You'll have to walk to the classes and the vendors, but it is not that far.

Some of us will be there pretty early Thursday so we should be able to get a good spot.

Reactions: MagnoliaOverland

Urban gorilla

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Pennsauken nj
Member #

Thanks man, sounds like a solid gameplan. Talked to my buddy and we're gonna do the camping. Can't Wait!

Sent from my SM-G900V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: jscusmcvet

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
To anyone who's gone before, how tight are the campsites? Do I need an RTT or is there room enough to set up a ground tent?