Overland Cooking and Recipes

• HTML tutorial

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

Wow! I took some time off and I see a lot of new recipes. great thread.
Frisly

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Michael, make the new topic then.

My contribution for a simple meal.

Pasta Olio Aglio.

Very simple;

Take enough pasta, for one, two or more persons. Spaghetti, Spirali whatever.
Cook it and after it has been cooked, frie in a pan some garlic in plenty of oil. And yes, plenty of garlic. Then some italian herbs, pepper and put the pasta in the pan. mix it very well and you have your garlic pasta. Its very tasty and bloody simple. Great with a steak, fish or veggies. (although I dont do much veggies myself)

Greetings from Robert

Last edited:
Reactions: Sonarman

Iubootgater

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Greenwood IN
Member #

I have given a meal, now some overland bar tending..

The Excutair air travel bar is a 60's air travel case, sure there is a more rugged modern version but... Some times the old ways are the best!

cheers!

Iubootgater

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Greenwood IN
Member #

5965 said:
I must have this now.
What is the recipe? Cheers! M
Bottles used in picture are just for example, would not suggest Makers White if you want to rise early for outdoor exploration.

Though I guess the recipe would be 2 ice cubes, pour till desired level of drink is reached.

By the way Michael, how did my chorizos taco recipe get a picture of delicious hot dogs on it??

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello you all,

In addition to our Pasta di Olio Aglio, this is just a little upgrade.
Put some eggs in the pan, stirr them, onions in it, fry them and maybe some ham.
That will bring just a little bit more bit into it.

And a little update for some COBB stuff.
Get the pizza plate for that one and you can make great pizza's.
Or if you are having rice with indian curry, you can make wonderful naan bread in it as well. This is the COBB.

And this is the pizza plate

And if you would like to know more about that one, here is the link
http://www.cobbglobal.com

Well, Soon we will have a go with some nice BBQing with Easter. Will tell what we did with our food. Except from eating it.

Greetings from Robert

Reactions: Justinwrains

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Yep, it is a great one. And its more safe as you can lighten it and walk around with it without burning your hands.

Not that it is usefull to walk around with it, but, as an example, if you are out in the open and it starts to rain, you can move the Cobb under your awning, very easy. And put it on the table or whatever.

I love it. It is now that I as a BBQmaster am in the group, not standing outside the group and they sit around the table.

Greetings from Robert

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Decided to just get a big box of  love from Omahasteaks.com instead of planning much. I've never ordered from there, but everything showed up in a cooler ready to go! I'll have to report back!

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello you all,

Today I tried to make a vid about food with a voice over. God, that wasnt easy. As I had to speak english, and had to remember the text. And and and.
Anyway. we went to a 4x4 holiday epxo and found some nice things. This vid is about one those things.

Enjoy
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEKI9SEgrbc&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Greetings from Robert

swankrt

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Swank
Member #

3791 said:
Frisly OB 0097 wrote:
CARNE ASADA.. ( BEEF RIBEYE Steak Butcher Shop Beef Rib) I love this cut. meat is juicy and tender. Every time i go fishing/camping, I bring one or two pcs. this time I had after a lonnnnnnng day of fishing. It came out delicious. I gave it like 3-4 minutes on each side. and that was it. I put a little bit of sea salt and pepper. some tortillas, scallions some chopped onions and cilantro and Bam! for the scallions, all I did was , I put them in a zip lock bag and add some olive oil, salt and lemon. them put them on the grill almost same time as the meat. not long, you know , they cook fast, but I also like some burn marks on them. Enjoy Frisly
The end!
(@robert ca you should check it out to especially if your ever down around Brawley or el Centro) Man look up Rameys meats in Brawley California (they ship) Carne  Asada and tri tip shipping sucks but the meat is amazing!

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

Ryan;  I found it. looks like a good place. thinking of ordering something. those cuts in the Fb page look amazing!

Thanks

Frisly 0097

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
7910 said:
Hello you all, Today I tried to make a vid about food with a voice over. God, that wasnt easy. As I had to speak english, and had to remember the text. And and and. Anyway. we went to a 4×4 holiday epxo and found some nice things. This vid is about one those things. Enjoy Greetings from Robert
Robert this is a great video and your English is excellent! Thank you for sharing. Where can I find these meals if I want to try them?

M

Iubootgater

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Greenwood IN
Member #

7946 said:
@Robert-Never thought I would see a “MRE” prep video, That’s great! Wilson
Robert- just rewatched vid, can't tell you are concentrating to speak English, sounds good man.. And don't know why I called a MRE, I was thinking about "Mountain House" meals which I guess would be the equivalent that I buy here. Anyway keep it up man.