Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Michael,

You can find them here Globetrotter.nl
I think, there will be someone in the states who does the same thing. And just get some information about importing food into the states. There could be some rules which prohibited such.

Greetings from Robert

swankrt

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Swank
Member #

7937 said:
Ryan; I found it. looks like a good place. thinking of ordering something. those cuts in the Fb page look amazing! Thanks Frisly 0097
Everything they have is very good but the Carne and tri-tip is awesome! other cool thing it vacuum bagged seasoned and everything. the Carne grills up in a few minutes each side the tri tip about 18 minuets (@around 350) a side then settle in foil for 10 minuets and cut it up thin or thick.

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

I've been planning an 8 episode Overland Gourmet cooking series this year. I've been planning menus and locations to film. Some creations are my own and some from others. It is know that we "campers" always eat better overlanding or camping then at home. We always eat like kings. Recipes will be easy, delicious and the main goal is to reduce the amount of time doing dishes, because let's face it, no one sticks around to do dishes when a warm fire and frosty adult beverages await. Stay tuned for more. @administrator

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

@administrator These are great recipes. Stay tuned for my overland gourmet series coming soon to a youtube near you. My Overland Trailer will also be my overland kitchen so I have integrated a work top on one side of the trailer.

SonOfNeptune

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Springfield MO
Member #

Ok, will have a recepy or two here as well.
Problem, one is asian and indonesian. That is were my father came from.
So, it is called Saté, Sateh.

Well, take a good deal of sambal. this is like chilis, but in different tastes. Garlic, Ginger, and then we have a problem. Ketoumbar, Satéherbs, sugar and sojasauce.
Pork meat and scewers.
Anyway, it looks like this

I make it a lot, but out of my wrist, no real recepy.
Together with the Satésauce, which is made from the same ingredients but with peanutbutter. It is absolutely great.

Another dish is Fish very hot, Vis bedis.
Take alu foil. take garlich, chili (a lot) some small chopped onion, some herbs you just like. Close the foil and put it on the bbq.
It tast great.
What is the recipe for the top photo?

SonOfNeptune

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Springfield MO
Member #

one of my favorites is deemed 'Man Stew'... Take your choice of meat... I like to take steak and cut it up. Then put it in a hot pot with to sear for just a moment. Then put in a package of ranch dressing, a package of taco dressing, a can of stewed tomatoes, a can of corn (drained), a can of black beans (drained) and a can of kidney beans (drained). You can also add a little spice... I prefer to add a drop of "Da'Bomb" hot sauce. And I can say from experience, if you have had an adult beverage or two too much and accidentally add a drop too much. Mac and Cheese will help to simmer down the mix. Just cook separate and add at the end. Enjoy!

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

What is the recipe for the top photo?
I have no recepy, its all in the wrist. Actually both pictures are the same Saté. One straight from the grill, the ohter served with Saté sauce. Made from peanut butter, water and all the ingredients written there.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Being Dove season here in Texas, I guess I will share my favorite simple recipe. We marinade dove breasts (make sure you get all the shot out of them to prevent filling loosening surprises) in a buffalo sauce. Sorry, was sworn to secrecy on the buffalo sauce recipe as it is a friends family recipe. He is from upstate New York so you know it's good. Anyway, I stick the breasts and the sauce in a Ziploc and toss it in the cooler for whenever we are ready. You can either pan fry em, or my favorite, wrap em all up in a ball of tin foil and toss em on the fire for a bit. Served with celery, potatoes and an ice cold brew.

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

All of this food is making me hungry... Here i though i was doing well cooking hot dogs and cheeseburgers over the camp fire. Better not let my wife see this.

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

I don't have any photos of my last campfire meals, but here's roughly what I did for Hobo Fajitas

Before the trip I sliced onions, red pepper, and yellow pepper into slices and bagged them in a ZipLock along with some A1 sauce, Worchestershire sauce, Cholula, and Tobasco (you can use bottled fajita sauce, but I think it's too sweet). I did the same thing with some boneless skinless chicken breasts in a separate bag. The Chicken bag was frozen and the vegetables were refrigerated.

This was all going to be dinner on day #2. The frozen chicken actually helped keep the cooler cold and would be defrosted in time to eat on the second day. On Day #2, start a fire and get a good bed of coals going. Make Hobo Packets with chicken and vegetables wrapped in foil and cooked on the fire - for best results, cook the chicken and vegetables in separate packets, this allows you to get the chicken on first to cook through and not cook the peppers into a mushy mess. Once everything is cooked, serve in flour tortillas with some salsa. Or you can make some guacamole at home, pack it in a ziplock bag (squeeze all the air out so it doesn't turn brown), cut a corner off the bag and squeeze it out onto your fajita.

The nice thing is that you can keep any leftovers in the cooler and eat them with eggs the next morning for breakfast burritos. You can also do a batch of the same vegetable mix without the marinade, add mushrooms, and cook with some sliced steak in foil over the coals. You get a very different flavor by just changing two ingredients. It makes packing and purchasing very simple and easy. Most the prep work can be done at home before you leave, saving lots of effort after a long day behind the wheel.

Last edited:

TxTerra

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

prosper, tx
Member #

I usually try and keep things pretty simple, but usually go excellent at night.

One of my favorite things to do is a good cowboy dinner. So far one of the best ones ive done is a bourbon and brown sugar glazed steak with a good can of beans.

Foil packs, fajitas (usually precook it for less hassle on the trail), breakfast burritos, cobblers, homemade donuts, and more delicious meals. However, the easier it is to cook, the less things there are to clean which makes it more enjoyable to enjoy the nighttime beverages

Reactions: Lifestyle Overland

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

One of my favs is Marinated Salmon with Kale.
I take brown sugar with soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper, and a little dill, some olive oil, and a spritz of water for the marinade. soak salmon meat side down for 30 min-60 min. for the Kale,
I de -twig it. toss out the stems and sticks.
start with a whole red pepper sliced, and a small onion diced, in a sauté pan in a little olive oil and butter.

Once tender, add some chopped garlic, and salt and pepper and the whole head of kale. Lemon juice to taste. Bring lots of kale as it shrinks a lot like spinach.

(leftovers), The kale is good 2nd time around. its awesome in fritatas, omelets or with sausage for breakfast...
There usually isn't any salmon left over because its so good.

Reactions: Justinwrains