Overland Camping Trailers w/ Bathroom?????

• HTML tutorial

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

trailer find 002 (1024x768).jpg
I will look for those. Didn't know any pop ups had a bathroom.
Ok I am building a little camper to bug out on weekends and overland adventures. It is a work in progress (Experiment which shows great promise) In doing so I ran across a pop-up that I was thinking about using a lot of the parts in my little camper build. (Heater, cassette toilet and what ever else I figured might work) but as I am building mine I realized that it makes more sense to used new parts in my build. The thing is I really think this pop-up would be better served as a little larger build like a large tear drop. I think it would be a good platform to build something nice out of. She wants me to get rid of it, because what I am building will be perfect for the traveling we plan on doing. Any way I will be putting it on Craigs List soon.

Reactions: Jimmy P

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

We are actually going to use a cassette toilet/a shower tent we bought for our outings it worked well for our trip on the Rim Rocker trail. She had a great time even though we were completely out off the grid. I really think that the more we get out and explore the more she gets used to the idea of roughing it. Yeah we would like all the creature comforts of home, but that would limit where we can go? I do want to complete my over-landing trailer just because of the ease of packing and going.

Advocate II

San Diego, CA, USA
Member #

A few summers ago when we did the Sawtooth Nation Forest in Idaho, we brought my two kids under 5 and my wife was 7 months pregnant. A bathroom solution was in high demand. We used this dry flush for the family and it worked spectacularly. It's not the cheapest option out there, but it sure was a game changer. No liquids, no spills, and no odor. The toilet now lives in our trailer and we use it when we need. It's been a fantastic solution for the family. Figured we'd share - cheers! https://www.rhinoadventuregear.com/collections/showers-toilets/products/dry-flush-laveo-dry-flush-toilet

Old Griz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Idaho
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Clisham
Member #

I had an old hunting blind I wasn't using any longer. It's an Ameristep doghouse. Sets up in 10 seconds and works great with any potty setup.
I has been named the "pee pee tipi "

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
After:IMG_2955.JPGIMG_2958.JPGIMG_2959.JPGIMG_2965.JPGIMG_2963.JPGWhen I put 12 inch tires in it it fits in my garage.IMG_0839.JPG

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

XJ Camper 001 (1024x693).jpg DSCN1388 (1024x768).jpg DSCN2210 (1024x768).jpg DSCN1938 (1024x768).jpg DSCN1937 (1024x768).jpg Nice!!!! We have kicked around the idea of a Scamp. Once we both retire from work completely.
But here is what I am working on W/a cassette toilet and tent for our bathroom. We will keep the toilet accessible under the shelf that we will build in the back for the cooler and the kitchen supplies

Last edited:
Reactions: 64Trvlr

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Sweet build!
Yeah Thanks! It will be basically a teardrop type that will go deep into the woods. I plan on putting a Propex heater on the tongue. Don't want to build the back into a kitchen as I really want to be able set-up a outdoor kitchen with a small camp table under the hatch with the cooler on the shelf and table folding down from the inside of the swing outs.

It is so much fun to put a trailer together, But..... sometimes wish I had bought something as it is taking me way to much time to get-er done. The thing is I don't think I will have spent half as much $$$$$$ as I would have if I bought something. Even used?

Voiceness

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Cypress, Ca
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Mitchell
I'll save you the cash - you're not going to convince her. Either she'll come around on her own, or she'll go to appease you a couple times and then stop anyway. If you buy a camper for her she'll only go out of guilt that you spent the money, which will make her even more miserable, and it'll end poorly in the end anyway. Ask me how I know :tearsofjoy:
Wow. Great post. I’ve been lucky enough to have a camping-tolerant wife but still wanted the comforts. 6 years ago, I purchased a Fleetwood Evolution pop up that had a toilet/shower inside but without the walls, just a curtain, plus heater etc. It was awesome and spacious, pretty 4x4 capable but still too big for tougher roads. Just sold it and put out for the Off Grid Expedition 2.0. She still comes because of the indoor furnace/sleeping space. Otherwise a sleep-on tent top trailer would of been my pref. I’ll be mad if she stops coming.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

We just sleep in a tent, my wife knows she can either use a bucket or pop a squat in the woods(same rules on my boat). I guess I'm lucky though when I started easing her into offroading and camping she was gung ho about it but. We don't stay out more than 3-4 days at the most so I don't wear her out camping. I just asked my wife she says either she will do it or won't so just have her try of she don't want to dont make her.

I find it liberating to be sitting on a bucket at sunrise out in nature.

Voiceness

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Cypress, Ca
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Mitchell
The 3,4 day limit works for me too. The furnace is a deal breaker for her. I also like to take at least one 10 day expedition each year and it always turns into a guys trip. I’m actually fine with that for now anyways. I get homesick without her by day 10. Can’t live with, can’t live without.

Voiceness

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Cypress, Ca
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Mitchell
The cost for the “sleep in” trailer was much higher than most common “sleep on” RTT types. I paid it to keep her engaged. Even if for a few weekenders- it allows me the freedom to do the bigger guy’s trips with little or no resistance.