Rank V

Advocate III

Spencerville, Maryland, United States
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Cordero
Member #

Time for an update! I know it’s been nearly 2 months since I last posted.

After I left ME and came back to FL, I flew out to AZ the next day. Yeah, I know we are Overland Bound, but my dad was sick, so the flight was the fastest!

Maine was awesome, looking to drive there next summer in the Bronco.

But to update, the Jeep is just about to turn 217,000 miles, new timing chain, head gaskets, oil cooler. I got home for a week to get her timed, and owe a giant thanks to my brother for bolting her back up.

I have been easy on the Jeep, since coming back from my second trip to Arizona in the last month. I lost my dad on August 7th.

I did hit up Jerome when I was in AZ, I absolutely love it there, I also hit Table Mesa Rd while there, driving up. I cannot wait to actually spend some time under the stars out that way.

Today, I received my email for the Bronco, my scheduled week of production is 10/11/2021.

I did change to a soft top previously.
I am opting for the 2.3, and my wife asked for an automatic, so I changed that.

I am excited to have it during convertible season in Florida (Fall through Spring). I will be ordering a hard top either factory or aftermarket next summer (rainy season).

It’s been a long and arduous process to get these built by Ford. But today answered my long asked question - when?

I will update more here, thank you all if you follow along!
Sorry about your dad.
I hope they give you an improved soft top. The current ones they are recalling are LOUD AF.

RBSFabXterra

Rank II

Traveler III

Hummelstown, Pa.
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Smith
Any real world information when Ford will start shipping the Broncos. I want to order one but I must drive it first. I’m not putting a deposit down until I start seeing some on the road.
Hey man, sorry for the delayed response. I’ve been handling some things - you should see dealer demo models already at dealerships, my local dealer has one on 37’s.

I did get a build date (week) for mine today of October 11th.

Reactions: Padams7

RBSFabXterra

Rank II

Traveler III

Hummelstown, Pa.
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Smith
Time for an update! I know it’s been nearly 2 months since I last posted.

After I left ME and came back to FL, I flew out to AZ the next day. Yeah, I know we are Overland Bound, but my dad was sick, so the flight was the fastest!

Maine was awesome, looking to drive there next summer in the Bronco.

But to update, the Jeep is just about to turn 217,000 miles, new timing chain, head gaskets, oil cooler. I got home for a week to get her timed, and owe a giant thanks to my brother for bolting her back up.

I have been easy on the Jeep, since coming back from my second trip to Arizona in the last month. I lost my dad on August 7th.

I did hit up Jerome when I was in AZ, I absolutely love it there, I also hit Table Mesa Rd while there, driving up. I cannot wait to actually spend some time under the stars out that way.

Today, I received my email for the Bronco, my scheduled week of production is 10/11/2021.

I did change to a soft top previously.
I am opting for the 2.3, and my wife asked for an automatic, so I changed that.

I am excited to have it during convertible season in Florida (Fall through Spring). I will be ordering a hard top either factory or aftermarket next summer (rainy season).

It’s been a long and arduous process to get these built by Ford. But today answered my long asked question - when?

I will update more here, thank you all if you follow along!
Sorry about your dad.
I hope they give you an improved soft top. The current ones they are recalling are LOUD AF.

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Well, email received tonight - she is being built next week, a week earlier than expected!

So, now I consider my top options. It is coming with a soft top, there are some aftermarket hard tops in development, and of course the #ursaminor B30. But I haven’t gotten any information on the B30, since I put a small deposit down.

I did see a Safari Style/Defender Style with the port windows, but am unsure on that.

Decisions decisions. But we will soon have build updates starting in November when I hopefully take delivery!

Thanks for following along!

Reactions: Shahn

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

So! I picked her up today! I finally got my Bronco, a 2021 Badlands, 2.3L, Auto, Soft top, Upgraded Wheels, and High Package.

Yeah, I wanted a hard top, so my plans and build have changed slightly. But the build begins tomorrow with the first modification, adding 20hp with my Overland Bound Badge!

Enjoy a few pictures, will post more.

Attachments

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
So! I picked her up today! I finally got my Bronco, a 2021 Badlands, 2.3L, Auto, Soft top, Upgraded Wheels, and High Package.

Yeah, I wanted a hard top, so my plans and build have changed slightly. But the build begins tomorrow with the first modification, adding 20hp with my Overland Bound Badge!

OMG! Gorgeous!

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

OMG! Gorgeous!
I’m gonna tell you, this is how I found ya. After the reveal last July, I stumbled upon your video, then this site, and I was hooked.

Thank you sir!

Reactions: MazeVX and Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

OMG! Gorgeous!
I’m gonna tell you, this is how I found ya. After the reveal last July, I stumbled upon your video, then this site, and I was hooked.

Thank you sir!
Oh that’s awesome! We’re glad to have you. I rode in the Bronco Badlands for the first time at this years expo and was really impressed. It was equipped with the swaybar disconnects you can activate under load, and what a huge difference! It’s a good platform for adventure for sure! Enjoy!

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I am right now into my busy season, until December 7th. But that means December 8th I’m taking that day off thru the weekend.

I have ordered a few things today to start getting things together. I already have a few recovery items (strap, shackles, tire repair kit, gloves) in the rear cargo, as well as tools and a first aid kit. But I have the soft top, so, security is going to be key while I’m out on public places working.

So the first thing is the Tuffy Bronco Security Drawer for the rear cargo. I almost opted to grab the Goose Gear plate system, but then I’d have to build drawers or buy them. I figure the Tuffy one is a quick and easy (and lockable) solution.

I also got an oil catch can, from UPR, and I ordered a class 3 receiver since the tow package was a commodity restraint earlier on and I removed that from my build.

These things will be here in the next week or so. I’m working 7 days a week for the next 5 weeks, so in the spare time I get I’ll install and share. And, soon as I get some office hours (Thursday) I am adding horsepower with my Overland Bound Badge.

The first trip in December I’m heading south, I will be traveling to the Keys, Mile Marker 0 is the goal. I’m bringing a tent and I’ll find a place to camp on one of the keys. I’ve been in FL a majority of my life and never been there, so now is the time.

Till then, here is a snapshot of me #mallcrawling at Walmart today!

Attachments

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Today I used some Ford Points to pick up the rubber floor mats (to go over the rubber floors), and the Tuffy Security Enclosure.

I kind of took the day off, and just installed the drawer in the dark by the garage light.

I was hoping to install a fridge slide up top, but I’ll need a 1/2” spacer to account for the lip atop the drawer.

Pardon the mess, I am still in my work season, so the boxes and bags are plan materials and give-a-ways.

I have a pangolin tool roll in the box, tire repair kit, air down tool, a pillow, and a few other things just stuffed in there until I have a day to really organize it.

I’m planning a trip to the keys in a few weeks. So maybe over Thanksgiving I will really get organized.

Attachments

BlackDog1

Rank II

Enthusiast III

The Mitt
First Name
John
Last Name
C
Member #

So nice. How do you like that 4knocker in there. I ordered a Badlands, hard top with v6. Looking like end of 22 since they moved all hard top builds to 22. But living in MI No way I am going soft top.

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

So nice. How do you like that 4knocker in there. I ordered a Badlands, hard top with v6. Looking like end of 22 since they moved all hard top builds to 22. But living in MI No way I am going soft top.
I’m actually enjoying the 4banger. I am averaging about 19mpg on 33” tires with the 4.43 gearing (badlands, non-Sasquatch, automatic). I have about 4100 miles in the last month, highway driving I get less, city driving I actually get more. I drove to Orlando yesterday, took the expressway, averaged 18.6 doing expressway speeds (no issues keeping up, and passing, plenty of power) the way home I was 19.7mpg country back roads, doing country back road speeds, 45/50/60.

I’ve installed the Tuffy Bronco Drawer, and since I’ve had my stuff with me, stopped and helped a few people manage some tire repairs. Having a place for my tools, and tire repair stuff is great.

I am also on Gobi’s email list for the rack they are coming out with for the Bronco. I’m also on Ursa Minors list for the B30….. they won’t work together, but the GOBI rack will work with my soft top, that is also significantly less expensive than a B30 hard top replacement! Toss the T4 up top and go!

I do eventually want to get a hard top, but since I live in Florida I’m ok with the softie.

Reactions: BlackDog1

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I am just over 5200 miles now, my Medicare season and my healthcare enrollment seasons are over, and the next set of large mileage gains are going to be some adventure.

On a new platform, I am at the will of manufacturers for certain things - Hard Top, roof racks, brackets, suspension, towing, etc. I do have a welder and some tools, and the capability to come up with some one-off items, but I've been busy!

So, the few things I have done, have been functional and cosmetic. I installed some gas shocks for the hood, no more prop rod. I installed a Oil Catch Can from UPR, to clean the intake system of any oil particulates. I put a graphic on the hood bump, I think a topographical map is standard to be a member here right? I also used this map to protect the door sills. I used a RAM Mount (M6 Female) and a M6x55mm Stud to replace a center console Bronco Bolt and have added an arm and RAM QI Charger to hold my phone angled next to the center display.

I have my name down with the following companies:
Ursa Minor - B30 Hard Top Camper (I may pull out on this if Gobi comes through, and I get some action on the lead below).
Gobi Racks - for their Bronco Stealth Rack

Other things, I had a Superlite on order, but with both my parents medical issues, I had to cancel it, I am ready to order again and then I see that GFC just cancelled the Superlite - but I may have a lead on one to get next week.
4x4 Truck LED's should be sending a fog light bracket today.
Archtype Racing should have the BYOD Rail out to me soon.

I am hoping to install the following as soon as possible (again, some things are waiting on other things):
adding some RIGID Fog lights and spot lights to the bumper, and wiring them to the upfitter switches (this weekend if it arrives this week)
mounting a fridge slide to the top of the Tuffy Tool Box (this weekend)
adding some quick fist mounts to the rear roll bar (pre-threaded factory holes) for a fire extinguisher, flash light, etc. My wife doesn't know what "she" bought me for Christmas.

Overall I am satisfied with the 2.3, the Auto Transmission, the 33" Wheels and the way I ordered the Bronco - I doubt I will be doing any wheel or suspension upgrades. Florida doesn't offer a lot of rock crawling, and even when I do make it out west, that a long haul and a lot of gas that comes with those upgrades.

I will be in Austin TX for the Bronco Off Roadeo on 1/15/2022, then I have a trip to Wears Valley, TN in March, I may have something else in TN in April, and up to Sanford, Maine in June - I will take plenty of photos this weekend if I get a chance to get to working on it, and will follow up next week when done.

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Super excited today! Just had a GFC Superlite delivered to the office. Now I am just waiting on Gobi to open up ordering for the Stealth Rack for Broncos and I can install it on the Bronco, along with the awning that has collected dust in my office since February.

I am mounting a fridge slide to the top of the Tuffy Drawer this weekend and wiring up some Rigid pods in the bumper.

First trip planned is March 4th/5th to the Southeast Overland Expo in Starke, FL. Then on the 6th I am heading to Tennessee’s Smokey Mountains for a week with the family for a well deserved escape.

I hope to take more pictures this weekend of the things I’m doing. Thanks for following along!

Attachments

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

So I got some lights installed this weekend, as well as a catch can.

Heading to the Austin Texas Bronco OffRoadeo in less than 2 weeks with the wife, so super excited for that!

Here are some photos of the Bronco with the lights, and the catch can install.

Attachments

DustyDawg

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, United States
First Name
rex
Last Name
rodwell
So I got some lights installed this weekend, as well as a catch can.

Heading to the Austin Texas Bronco OffRoadeo in less than 2 weeks with the wife, so super excited for that!

Here are some photos of the Bronco with the lights, and the catch can install.
You will like Austin. I found the Bronco is more capable than me. Can't wait for mine to arrive.....I hope soon.

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Update with the pics of the Fridge Slide on the Tuffy Drawer, and a photo next to the Maverick.

We spent some time at the Bronco Off Roadeo weekend before last and I was highly impressed with the capability. Excited for my trip to TN in March, but I may end up escaping sooner with the ground tent!

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: GLOCKer

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

Great looking Bronco! Ford really did a good job building that platform. My buddy is supposed to be getting his any day (supposedly sitting waiting for a delivery truck) and we can't wait to go play with it. He actually was trying to get me to go along with him to a Bronco weekend. Was it worth it? The price seemed a little steep.