Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

So that’s what I’m gonna label it!

I was able to convert my reservation to an order today, and out of the 13 allocations my dealer gets, I am number 13.

I ordered a 2021 Badlands, 33” BFG KO2, High Package (I do daily drive it), Roof Rack with Cross Rails, and the Towing Package - the vehicle is going to be Cactus Gray. - I should have this late summer.

I have already ordered a GFC Superlite RTT, which will be delivered early summer.

I have an Ironman 4x4 awning on the way. My Overland Edition Gazelle T4, and I splurged and ordered a Tembo Tusk Skottle. Already got my ZOLEO set up, have my tool bag, Ecoflow River 600 Max, an Alpicool 48quart Fridge/Freezer.

I am excited to get back out there, I haven’t done anything “adventure” wise since my Jeep has high miles, and I am uncomfortable driving west with the boys.

I plan on paying homage to the community with badging the new Bronco with my member number and OB, and I will update this thread with build and gear photos!

Gr8 Hortoni

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Whitehall, Michigan, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Horton
I ordered my 2dr Black Diamond on Thursday, should give me plenty of running gear to start out as a pretty good overland rig. Working on building a tent trailer now, I ordered it with the “steelies”, going to put some Pro comp steel wheels on it to improve the look and the steelies are going to be used on the trailer, so in a worst case scenario all the wheels are interchangeable.

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I ordered my 2dr Black Diamond on Thursday, should give me plenty of running gear to start out as a pretty good overland rig. Working on building a tent trailer now, I ordered it with the “steelies”, going to put some Pro comp steel wheels on it to improve the look and the steelies are going to be used on the trailer, so in a worst case scenario all the wheels are interchangeable.
That’s awesome man! And a great idea for the trailer wheels! Share pics of the trailer when you start, and of course, the Bronco!

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

So today I got a few deliveries at the office!

Yes. While I have a RTT on order from Go Fast Campers, I ordered the Gazelle T4 “Overland Edition” - my boys will need something to sleep in!

I also got my Overland Bound Edition Skottle from Tembo Tusk. I also had a Southwest Disk, but that’s 22” and the stand is larger, and has found its place with my outdoor cooking stuff at home. So this will be strictly for my adventures!

And the last thing you’ll see is the Alpicool CF45. Michael says “buy once, cry once” when it comes to quality gear. But the reviews were majority good, so I did opt to go the less expensive route with the fridge.

After all, I don’t think he will complain since I spent the majority of my mad money on the tent and skottle!

Attachments

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I am taking a small trip to the other side of the state later this month, we will be my wife’s GMC Sierra towing the horse trailer to a show our daughter is showing her horses in. Figure this is the perfect opportunity to pack the fridge and Skottle and make sure everyone is fed! (Plus when the wife see’s how great this will be on the trips to the horse shows out west, St Louis and Tulsa, she won’t yell at me for buying it!)

I’ll update here with my thoughts and review on the Alpicool.

In Bronco News, I placed the order on the 21st of January, but didn’t get my email confirmation of the order till today. Had to help the dealer figure out the system, with a lot of help from others in the same boat.

Based on reservation time stamp and dealer allocation, I should have it late summer (August/Sept). The dealer is however hopeful it is early summer (May/June).

Until then I’m still driving this, debating on a run to Ocala National Forest with the boys soon.

Attachments

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I didn’t make it to the other coast, but am leaving March 20th to Indiana, then over to Missouri to collect some horses. So I’ll update on the Alpicool when I return.

In other news, I know Ford has not released their “schedule” as order banks are open another two weeks, but my dealer emailed today with an update, stating I’ll probably be early summer based on my number, their allocation, etc!

Gr8 Hortoni

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Whitehall, Michigan, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Horton
I didn’t make it to the other coast, but am leaving March 20th to Indiana, then over to Missouri to collect some horses. So I’ll update on the Alpicool when I return.

In other news, I know Ford has not released their “schedule” as order banks are open another two weeks, but my dealer emailed today with an update, stating I’ll probably be early summer based on my number, their allocation, etc!
I’m waiting to hear for certain, but I’m figuring between June and August for mine, based on my reservation date and trim/options I ordered. If it works out close enough to my anniversary, the wife might come out to Iowa with me and turn it into an excursion. We’ll be half way to Mt. Rushmore (and the badlands), so we’ll take a trip up there, then either go through Minneapolis and catch a Twins game with a trip backon the Badger or across the U.P., or come back through Chicago and spend an afternoon on the Wrigley Rooftops. Either way, get to spend a couple days breakingthe Bronco in.

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Alpicool Update:

So this past weekend, my sons BSA Troop had a camp out at Two Mile Preserve, it’s a canoe camp, accessible from the Withalacoochee River, I ended up being able to drive in and meet them there (thank you Ranger Keith for opening the gate!).

I brought my Jeep, my Gazelle T4, the Alpicool and Ecoflow River 600.

First off, love the tent, easy set up, and take down. I put it back up when I got home to let the FL sun dry the humidity out.

The Alpicool did great, set it at 34, it held pretty steady at that temp, it would kick on about 36, and cool down to temp, kick off. But it wasn’t running all the time, and it was pretty hot out this weekend. It kept my drinks cool, and that was a blessing this weekend.

The Ecoflow River 600 ran nice, I ran the fridge all weekend, I think I could have ran it two more days without charging the battery pack.

I’m taking both this weekend on a highway trip to Odon, IN, then over to St. Louis, MO, The Alpicool is plugged in in the garage right now. I purchased the 1 year replacement, so I’m gonna run it.

But here is a picture of the tent, at the camp site.

Attachments

Reactions: Shahn

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I took my weekend Hwy excursion to Odon, IN (Amish Country) to get a Horse Cart, then into Kane, IL to get a couple horses a couple weeks ago.

Out nights were spent in a hotel, as this was a hot shot to pick up those things in my wife’s truck and the horse trailer attached. But the fridge worked great. So far I am impressed with the Amazon purchase, and it’s been running in the garage in it’s off time.

In other updates - GFC says the RTT has an estimated fulfillment date of the end of July. The Bronco I’ll find out in the next 3 days (I hope) of an ETA. My dealer has been confident in saying I’ll get it early, but, it’s all up to Dearborn.

I am however going to see two this coming Thursday in Wesley Chapel, FL that I’ll be able to sit in, and check out. YouTube videos are great, but I’ll be able to compare it the the JKU.

If the Bronco arrives before July, it’s first trip will be along the east Coast to Sanford, ME. If it arrives later in the summer, it will be a trip out West.

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Figured I’d post an update on the Alpicool CF45 Fridge I got from Amazon.

This past weekend we had a horse show in Ocala, FL for my daughter, so I pre-cooled the fridge, and my wife/daughter took it with them Friday night. I arrived Saturday, and it held pretty steady at 34 (what I set it at), it ran 3 days at the barn, outside. While temperatures were close to 90 all weekend.

It worked like a champ. My son was in and out of it all day, let the lid slam shut. My daughter was stacking horse stuff on top of it. (More on that in a moment.) My wife was happy she had cold drinks and cold food to snack on. All in all, I’m happy with this purchase and look forward to putting it through the paces some more.

I also brought out a folding camp table - a Portal Lightweight Aluminum Folding Camp Table - this was $50 on Amazon and it snapped together and rolled out fairly easily. Usually at these horse shows, there is tack and clothes and grooming supplies everywhere. The table worked great, and it was also put though it’s paces as leather harnesses were placed (not so gently) on it.

Horse tack ends up everywhere at these shows, on the table, the fridge, the chairs, the ground. But it’s great that some of the overland gear I’ve splurged on can pull double duty.

All in all, I am happy with my purchases, and I anxiously await Thursday’s now hoping for my build date email. I’m heading to Maine in July, with or without the Bronco. We do have another horse show in June, so I’ll probably be cooking lunch on the Skottle and making morning coffee with the French press - gotta get this stuff in front of the wife a little at a time! Lol

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Some gear updates as I sit this holiday weekend.

I’ve used the Ecoflow River 600 Max on several occasions lately to power the fridge, a potable fan, charge phones, run lights. Longest consecutive go has been 72 hours without any recharging. I do want to get a solar panel, but I went 72 hours and never made it under 40%.

When the fridge runs, it does take some consumption, but the fridge cools to temp and shuts off. When it warms up a few degrees, it kicks back on and cools to temp, then shuts off. Powering the lights, they have minimal draw. So far I am very happy with this purchase over the more “known” brands.

In regards to the Alpicool. It’s been working fantastically. I do an event for insurance, it’s with me. I go on a trail ride, it’s there with me. Right now, it’s in the garage keeping some sparkling water cool. It seems to hold temp well, I do however want to put a cover around it. Summer is about to go into full swing, and the temp inside my Jeep has been triple digits at times.

My Tembo Tusk Skottle hasn’t been used yet, I’ve been using the larger Santa Fe Disk at home, family of 5, plus there is always a kids friend, or nieces and nephews, sister in law, etc. so the larger unit it what is set up here.

I did purchase the Step22 Pangolin Tool Roll - I’m cheap, I had a harbor freight tool bag, but I was always digging, so I did splurge and bought the tool roll/bag. It fits all except my big hammer, and I realized I can fit more wrenches. Great quality and look, and I have pulled out out a few times, more than I have with my tool bag, unroll it, get what’s needed, do the work, put it back. Seems to be more useful.
*note: I also have the hedgehog toiletry bag, same principle and I am very happy with that.

Status on the Bronco - delayed. I am making a couple concessions this week, still hoping for a 2021 model year, holding firm for some things, other things I am making some changes and will look aftermarket or after a year. My goal now is getting the vehicle, as the Jeep needs some work. I still have no issues taking the Jeep on a solo trip wherever, whenever, but I don’t trust it when I have the kids with me, as I don’t want to be disabled somewhere with them in tow.

But I figured I’d post an update. Thanks for reading!

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Up here at camp in Shapleigh, ME, on Square Pond. (I flew).

But I’m enjoying my in-laws camp up here on the lake. I took some time to hit up the Kittery Trading Post, they have some RTT options and a lot of camping stuff. I will be making this trip next summer in the Bronco, so it’s nice to find a place to restock should I need.

But back to the topic at hand, the 2021 Bronco. I have not received a VIN yet, so my waiting game continues.

In the interim, I have pulled the motor of the 2012 JKU with 216,000+ on the odometer, set for new head gaskets, oil cooler, timing chains. Once I get back to FL I’ll get her put back together and probably do a local weekend get a way.

On the Alpicool, I did purchase the insulated wrap. Seems to be working great still, been keeping it running in the garage in the Florida Heat.

Figured I’d share some photos of the Wrangler engine, as well as the lake up here!

Attachments

GLOCKer

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
I bought an Alpicool CF45 several months ago, and then won a Dometic CFX28!!! Because of that, after only using the Alpicool once on a four-wheeling day trip, I moved it into my office where it's been plugged in and keeping my lunch and some drinks cool at work. I think it's an incredible value! It's not too loud and hasn't skipped a beat keeping my water and cokes cold!

Reactions: Shahn and Padams7

RBSFabXterra

Rank II

Traveler III

Hummelstown, Pa.
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Smith
Any real world information when Ford will start shipping the Broncos. I want to order one but I must drive it first. I’m not putting a deposit down until I start seeing some on the road.

Reactions: Padams7

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Any real world information when Ford will start shipping the Broncos. I want to order one but I must drive it first. I’m not putting a deposit down until I start seeing some on the road.
Hey man, sorry for the delayed response. I’ve been handling some things - you should see dealer demo models already at dealerships, my local dealer has one on 37’s.

I did get a build date (week) for mine today of October 11th.

Reactions: RBSFabXterra

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Time for an update! I know it’s been nearly 2 months since I last posted.

After I left ME and came back to FL, I flew out to AZ the next day. Yeah, I know we are Overland Bound, but my dad was sick, so the flight was the fastest!

Maine was awesome, looking to drive there next summer in the Bronco.

But to update, the Jeep is just about to turn 217,000 miles, new timing chain, head gaskets, oil cooler. I got home for a week to get her timed, and owe a giant thanks to my brother for bolting her back up.

I have been easy on the Jeep, since coming back from my second trip to Arizona in the last month. I lost my dad on August 7th.

I did hit up Jerome when I was in AZ, I absolutely love it there, I also hit Table Mesa Rd while there, driving up. I cannot wait to actually spend some time under the stars out that way.

Today, I received my email for the Bronco, my scheduled week of production is 10/11/2021.

I did change to a soft top previously.
I am opting for the 2.3, and my wife asked for an automatic, so I changed that.

I am excited to have it during convertible season in Florida (Fall through Spring). I will be ordering a hard top either factory or aftermarket next summer (rainy season).

It’s been a long and arduous process to get these built by Ford. But today answered my long asked question - when?

I will update more here, thank you all if you follow along!