Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Hey Everyone,

As you have seen with announcements from Overland Bound, the regions globally have been expanding,
With the new region being formed here in UK - This has now been amended to become part of the new European Regions - West Europe
I just wanted to take a minute to say Hi and to give you some background of myself,

My Background
My name is Kevin and I currently live in North Norfolk on the east coast (East Anglia), Originally I'm from a smallish island off the West coast of Scotland - North Uist, in the Outer Hebrides,
I work as a Wireless and Networking Consultant for a Distribution company which provides wireless and networking hardware along with training and Consulting - which is what I do,
I also work on government contracts for the MoD and USAF-Europe - which means a fair bit of travel on occasion - As such being from the wilds of the west coast I do enjoy adventure and getting out there when I can

Region Info
The West Europe Region as been gaining in popularity over the last year with members popping up more and more every week/month which is fantastic news as a community

As an Ambassador, my role is to be a local point of contact for the community, moderate and administer the official Facebook group and most importantly to help you feel part of the wider Overland Bound movement
You can always approach myself or any of the Ambassadors, Staff or Moderators with any questions or concerns.

We are looking to try and get some regular meetups throughout the course of the year, but of course these things take time, however attending existing large events and "pop up" meets is always welcome and encouraged!
If you have any events you are looking to setup or Ideas for events please feel free to post them on the forum or use the Rally Point system - If you need help on how to do this or which way to tackle it again please feel free to ask for assistance - Simply @Kevigizmo or send me a Direct Message

Other Regions
If you are a Overland Bound Member and hold an Emblem number, you my be interested in the other Overland Bound Regions - here are their Facebook links

USA Regions
West - https://www.facebook.com/groups/OverlandBoundWest
Northwest - https://www.facebook.com/groups/OverlandBoundNorthwest
Rocky Mountains - https://www.facebook.com/groups/overlandboundrockymountain
Midwest - https://www.facebook.com/groups/OverlandBoundMidwest
Southeast - https://www.facebook.com/groups/OverlandBoundSoutheast
East - https://www.facebook.com/groups/OverlandBoundEast

Australia Regions
Queensland - https://www.facebook.com/groups/OverlandBoundQueensland
New South Wales - https://www.facebook.com/groups/overlandboundnewsouthwales

European Regions
North Europe
West Europe - https://www.facebook.com/groups/overlandboundwesteurope/
Southwest Europe
South Europe
Southeast Europe
East Europe
Mid Europe

All the Best
Kev

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Hi Kev thanks for the intro and information mate[emoji106]. New comer here so looking forward to catching up with some like minded folk in the U.K. Cheers Kenny

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
No problem Kenny
Getting plenty of us about that's for sure [emoji3]

I saw your request on FB group which has been approved, so feel free to say Hi

There's a few members up your way,

Yep be great to see you at one of the events in the future (or if I'm passing by)

All the best
Kev

Sent from my VKY-L09 using OB Talk mobile app

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Huke thanks to you Kev for putting it all together and being our Point of Contact. Really looking forward to meeting more OB'ers here in the UK.
No problem at all, hopefully together we can make it as big as our friends over the pond [emoji16]

Sent from my VKY-L09 using OB Talk mobile app

Scotty lock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lockerbie, scotland
Member #

Big hello from me too...just getting myself sorted for my travels next year...away to wales and Spain next year...with a good chance of a few visits to the highlands like we do every year...I am budgeting at moment for costs to start the converting my landcruiser. But everything is expensive...will have to prioritise things and go from their. Good to see the group in uk getting bigger..

Reactions: Kevigizmo

Voodoo 1

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edmonds, WA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Hoskins
Member #

Hi Kev,

Gary here, newbie (not even a week old) :sunglasses: live in Edmonds, WA. (USA). Just want to say hello, and hope someday I can make it over there. I have a few friends in the UK (though [believe it or not] none of us have met face-to-face). But I was their producer on the radio here in the United States. And for some, I was a co-host on their programs, but my voice has graced the UK air-waves on many occasions in commercials and stuff.

It's mind blowing how large Overland Bound is, and one of the reasons I signed on. I hope you don't mind a yank popping in like this (I say Yank, for obvious reasons) though recently found out & confirmed, I have more in common - with the UK then I thought (family history).

Right now, enjoying life exploring and meeting new people via OB. ~cheers

Reactions: Kevigizmo

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Hi Kev,

Gary here, newbie (not even a week old) :sunglasses: live in Edmonds, WA. (USA). Just want to say hello, and hope someday I can make it over there. I have a few friends in the UK (though [believe it or not] none of us have met face-to-face). But I was their producer on the radio here in the United States. And for some, I was a co-host on their programs, but my voice has graced the UK air-waves on many occasions in commercials and stuff.

It's mind blowing how large Overland Bound is, and one of the reasons I signed on. I hope you don't mind a yank popping in like this (I say Yank, for obvious reasons) though recently found out & confirmed, I have more in common - with the UK then I thought (family history).

Right now, enjoying life exploring and meeting new people via OB. ~cheers
Sounds great!
Be awesome to meet up if you do make it across the pond
Kev

Reactions: Voodoo 1

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Are we part of Europ now, why has this happened ??
Hmmm ..... guess it's because the UK is geographically part of Europe (distinct from being part of the EU).

Not quite sure the boundaries of East/West/North/south/Mid are quite how I'd suggest doing it, but hey, does it really matter?

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Hmmm ..... guess it's because the UK is geographically part of Europe (distinct from being part of the EU).

Not quite sure the boundaries of East/West/North/south/Mid are quite how I'd suggest doing it, but hey, does it really matter?
. Good banter thats about it , but on a serious note if it was me the more boundries the better for merch opotunitys Very collectable badges But only if there disticntive A green field with West Europe aint going to sell.

offroadinclined

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Moncks Corner, SC, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Neacosia
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Glad there is a larger group OB West Europe. Looks like I am alone down here in Southern tip of Spain. I already am working to make a group of Overlanders down here, but haven't solidified any trail runs yet. We have a couple Jeeps and a few Land Rovers. Defenders have quite the popularity down here in my circles. Thanks for adding me to the FB page.

offroadinclined

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Moncks Corner, SC, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Neacosia
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
OBWE,

I want to plan a trip down here in Spain. How do I find the trails I can drive without trespassing? I imagine I can buy a Michelin map, but how do I know which roads are the back, back roads?

Any help is appreciated ~Joe

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Not sure in Spain, but most of mainland Europe, if it's not gated, it's public. But don't take my word for it.
I have heard that in Spain most "tracks" are either privately owned, or you need local town Mayor or similar to approve usage, but I can't confirm that.
There must be a way of finding out .................... off to try our friend Google ........

Reactions: offroadinclined

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Found this on another forum:

. I've heard before that 'any track goes' but never been able to find anything official on it. The Spanish do generally tend to be a lot more relaxed than folks in the UK so it does sound plausible though. I could really do with some decent maps to plan a route. I wonder if there's a Spanish equivalent of the OS?

I had an email chat a while back with an expat who lives there,who does 4x4 tours; he confirmed that the tracks are fine as long as there are no signs stating "privado". you also see "ninguna caza" or similar, the CAZA bit means "hunting" and most of these parts are out of bounds too, certainly arouns Andalucia where i venture sometimes you see it.

for the spanish maps, the nearest (and best) you'll get closest to OS are the "mapas militar"... funnily enough that means military maps
. i've got some of sothern spain, but you can get them from La Tienda Verde (the green shop), they do 1:25 and 1:50,000 in two formats, ING and CGE. one is a government map and the other is done by the shop themselves i think, if you follow the link and go to the maps, you can view the different types.

they're cr@p at getting back on emails though!

Reactions: offroadinclined