Guthrie, Logan County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Horner
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
@Michael or @Corrie. Trying to figure out if the wife is actually gonna go on this trip. With that being said if she does go do I have to register her as well? She doesn’t care for the “t-shirt, patch, sticker and swag or raffle stuff” and will only be riding shot gun with me and not driving

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

@Michael or @Corrie I see on the vehicle requirements section that front and rear recovery points are required. I have a Factor55 hitch link for the rear so that is covered. Do the front factory tow points on my 2006 4Runner count or do I need "actual recovery points"? I only ask as there is a divided opinion as to whether the factory tow points are capable of being used as recovery points or not. The other issue for me is there are only a few companies that offer front recovery points for my vehicle and most are out of stock with more than a few weeks lead time.

Reactions: r_horner

airmanthulin

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Charleston AFB, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Thulin
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
I am brand new to the community, just purchased my new 4Runner TRD OR. After reading the vehicle requirements and the specs of my currently stock vehicle, would the absence of recovery points keep me from attending. I’m not sure how much trails I will do as I’m still a novice, but this seems like the perfect venue to learn and become family with my vehicle and the community. Thanks.

Jube

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

NW Arkansas
Member #

I am brand new to the community, just purchased my new 4Runner TRD OR. After reading the vehicle requirements and the specs of my currently stock vehicle, would the absence of recovery points keep me from attending. I’m not sure how much trails I will do as I’m still a novice, but this seems like the perfect venue to learn and become family with my vehicle and the community. Thanks.
I'll take a stab at answering your question ... Byrd's is a large venue that has its own trails. I think if you participate on their trails, that's their rules? The venue is surrounded by Ozark National forest and there are lots of trails in the NF for you to explore!! Using Byrd's trails, I'm thinking, would be optional to you. I'm coming through the NF to get there and once there.... I'm floating, fishing, hanging out and hopefully meeting new folks like you! Safe travels and I hope I see you there!!

Vandy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Okc
You will be fine. There are miles and miles of trails in the NF. You can get as mild ad you want and still have a good time.

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
My very first trip was in my stock 2016 Trail and I did just fine with everything. You will be fine...come out and have a great time. After you leave your wallet is going to hurt for all the mods you plan....I know this from experience!

Schake

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ellicott City, MD, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Schaffer
Member #

Would love to attend, but AR is 16+ hours driving time. Hoping for/Looking fwd to TN/NC or Mid -Atlantic event.

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
Anyone in the actual southeast want to convoy to....I’m in central Florida it’s kinda far but I’d be game to take off Thursday morning if anyone from this area is going to. Would be our first community event

Reactions: Jube

Bradley beyer

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Baton Rouge, LA, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Beyer
Member #

Anyone in the actual southeast want to convoy to....I’m in central Florida it’s kinda far but I’d be game to take off Thursday morning if anyone from this area is going to. Would be our first community event
I’m from Baton Rouge. I’m leaving Thursday around 10-midnight if your route takes your through here or around this time. We can meet up and trip up. Trying to get there for sometime Friday morning.

TerraCrawler

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sweetwater, TN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Feeny
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK5NL
I will probably be going (as of now), coming from Knoxville, TN area, probably going to break the drive into two days, maybe stopping around Memphis, TN or there about.

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

I have a question about the location Byrds adventure center. Are we going to be the only group on the property for this event or will there be other people using the facilities as well. I ask because I would like to leave some gear like maybe a solar panel charging a battery at my campsite if I go on a ride and don't know if I should be concerned about security or theft. I fell that if it's only overland bound members that I should be fine, it's the locals that would concern me.

Reactions: theBROFESSOR